Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Not gonna happen. I think Cavani doesn't fancy our style. He wants to play for an aggressive/all out attack type of team to be the star. The star in our system is defence, at least for now.

He played at Napoli, one of the most counter attacking teams that have been in Europe in the last four or five years, for fuck knows how long so how would he not fancy our style?

With that kind of logic you should get Abramovich on a shirt for the fact he has spent a fucking fortune on players like Drogba, Hazard, Matic and all the rest that has made us a super power in football.

PSG won't pick Cavani over the other world class striker they have, not yet at least but they squeeze him in. If the rumor about Roman halting any efforts made to sign Costa because he wants Cavani are true, that could be the deal breaker. RA would be essentially favoring him over another heavily sought after striker that would be much less of a pain in the ass to aquire. I think at least it would put Cavani in a position where he gives the PSG an ultimatum in choosing between Ibrah and he.

No way is Roman accredited with the Drogba transfer, get out of town! Abramovich wanted Ronaldinho and he said he could do it. You forget Drogba was a bit of a late bloomer. Mourinho was the one who said no-way-jose to the idea of Ronaldinho and Abramovic to spend big on Drogba.

Roman stirred the Hazard transfer however so respect where its due. Roman had Drogba call Gervinho who was playing at Lille and had him pass the phone to Eden, Drogba passed the from to Roman who said “I don't know how much you earn at Lille, but I will triple your salary". Other than Hazard I'm not sure of any transfers where Roman played a pivotal role other than giving things the okay or a big 'negative' (like when Ancelotti tried to sell Drogba). Roman trusts Mourinho or else I think he would not have been okay with rebuying Matic if we had any other manager than the special one.

PSG won't pick Cavani over the other world class striker they have, not yet at least but they squeeze him in. If the rumor about Roman halting any efforts made to sign Costa because he wants Cavani are true, that could be the deal breaker. RA would be essentially favoring him over another heavily sought after striker that would be much less of a pain in the ass to aquire. I think at least it would put Cavani in a position where he gives the PSG an ultimatum in choosing between Ibrah and he.

No way is Roman accredited with the Drogba transfer, get out of town! Abramovich wanted Ronaldinho and he said he could do it. You forget Drogba was a bit of a late bloomer. Mourinho was the one who said no-way-jose to the idea of Ronaldinho and Abramovic to spend big on Drogba.

Roman stirred the Hazard transfer however so respect where its due. Roman had Drogba call Gervinho who was playing at Lille and had him pass the phone to Eden, Drogba passed the from to Roman who said “I don't know how much you earn at Lille, but I will triple your salary". Other than Hazard I'm not sure of any transfers where Roman played a pivotal role other than giving things the okay or a big 'negative' (like when Ancelotti tried to sell Drogba). Roman trusts Mourinho or else I think he would not have been okay with rebuying Matic if we had any other manager than the special one.

You have completely miss...understood the point. Abramovich PAID for everything. Don't forget that!

He played at Napoli, one of the most counter attacking teams that have been in Europe in the last four or five years, for fuck knows how long so how would he not fancy our style?

Three years @ Napoli was enough to make him a football star. Then he chooses PSG over Chelsea, Real Madrid... (clubs that the press said were interested at the time).

Three years @ Napoli was enough to make him a football star. Then he chooses PSG over Chelsea, Real Madrid... (clubs that the press said were interested at the time).

He chose PSG because they were the only cunts stupid enough to pay 60m euros for him....

He chose PSG because they were the only cunts stupid enough to pay 60m euros for him....

They spent more than 70 millions...

And yes, they were the only one that could pay his price

They spent more than 70 millions...

And yes, they were the only one that could pay his price

You're always reading this forum just waiting for the moment to present your 70mio story again aren't you? No one cares

Daniel Taylor of the Guardian says that United are "definitely" in for Cavani and have already met in Paris.

FFS. We've been trying to get him for years now with no luck. Watch a side that doesn't need him AT ALL swoop in and sign him. I'd be livid.

If United want to piss half their transfer budget on Cavani and ignore the fact that at least 7 of their first team players just aren't good enough to play in the premier league then im fine with that.

Exactly. They have Van Persie, Rooney, Mata, Kagawa, Hernandez, and Welbeck to play 2 positions already. They need central midfielders, defenders and naturally wide players.

Daniel Taylor of the Guardian says that United are "definitely" in for Cavani and have already met in Paris.

FFS. We've been trying to get him for years now with no luck. Watch a side that doesn't need him AT ALL swoop in and sign him. I'd be livid.

Wouldn't read a lot into it, it's approaching silly season and all rumours go off it.

Why would Cavani join a club that won't play in the CL(not even in the EL) and have no coach? He would probably earn less money too. He's 27, i don't think he wait 2-3 years till United get their shit straight.

Why would Cavani join a club that won't play in the CL(not even in the EL) and have no coach? He would probably earn less money too. He's 27, i don't think he wait 2-3 years till United get their shit straight.

because Manchester United is till Man United. One the biggest brands in the world will not be out of Europe for too long. It's like if Real Madrid one season failed to qualify for Europe, they'd still have the brand.

If United want to piss half their transfer budget on Cavani and ignore the fact that at least 7 of their first team players just aren't good enough to play in the premier league then im fine with that.

That assumes they will have a fixed transfer budget though; sounds like they're just going to go all out.

I think it would be a mistake.. He is 27, would be expensive as fuck and he's wages are huge.. We played this game with Sheva and Torres. Why don't we look for young players who can adapt our style and become stars in Chelsea? Drmic, Lacazette, Locadia or any young striker.

Lacazette yes, Drmic maybe, but Jürgen fuckin Locadia? It is not exactly an achievement to score 13 goals in Eredivisie.

Anyway. I don't really mind who it is between Costa and Cavani, though on has to consider Cavani is older and more expensive than Costa. Even though he might be technically more accomplished, but that is not the only thing you need to look at when buying a striker, otherwise we shoudl sign players like Berbatov

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You