Edinson Cavani

CFC58

i think cavani is the better goal scorer , his shooting is more advanced

would still love to have costa here , but he dosent possess the same brutal shot power of cavani , falcao , rvp ect.

What he does possess is that killer instinct though. put your life on the line to score... and he's only 25. If you want a hard shot you should be championing Hulk.

We can't say we were good and Cavani was bad. We have to say we made Cavani, and the whole PSG team, look like a bad side by applying pressure all the time, pushing men forward, and winning the 50/50 duels! After all we've done the same against City, Liverpool, and Arsenal - all good sides.

Goal scoring alone isn't what we need up front. Yes, we need someone who can score goals, but he must also know how to play footy and do so in tight spaces. That's what top teams look for. Otherwise Ba would do just fine as he can certainly score goals.

It's a toss up between Costa and Cavani... though Costa is younger, more powerful (PL likes powa!), and presumably cheaper. I also like Dzeko, who might no longer be available after latest streak, but completely different type of player (slower/taller). Trust Jose and the professionals at chelsea to do the right thing in the summer.

Much more impressed with lucas and lavezzi out of PSG players. We can do better than Cavani, to me it would be Torres groundhog day.

Lavezzi impresses me but Lucas doesn't. He's basically like Theo Walcott was a couple years ago. Total pace merchant who's impotent where it matters. He was pretty bad yesterday.

Lavezzi impresses me but Lucas doesn't. He's basically like Theo Walcott was a couple years ago. Total pace merchant who's impotent where it matters. He was pretty bad yesterday.

Yeah Lavezzi is very good. Pace, movement, finishing and wicked set-piece delivery.

I never said he shouldnt have scored from that chance. But admitting his mistake/blame is one thing, while calling him a fluke is entirely different!

Cavani didnt perform in either fixture, that's very true, However, he is still one of the best strikers in the world and his overall performance in the last couple of years are there to prove it. He is better than anyone in the EPL bar Aguero and Suarez. How come he "isnt Chelsea material"? THAT'S ABSURD!!!

People love to talk about how Drogba was the perfect striker for our style and so on (which I agree), but Cavani is the closest thing to Drogba there is. Edison is a beast who actually got technical abilities and is a natural goalscorer. He is a complete all around center foward just like Didier. If not for his price tag, he would have been the best option for us by a mile!!!

Also...What great player doesnt have his ups and downs? Even Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have their upsets, because I wouldnt be naive to post Messi "isnt Chelsea material" just because he got outplayed in 2012!

It's because people don't see him every week, so we only have these 2 games to really judge him on. And he didn't look like a 60m player.

He's a good player though like i already said, and for a reasonable price i'd still have him here: at least he would help us against the lesser sides, which after-all is our biggest problem.

Messi vs Atletico didnt do anything, I guess he is most overrated player ever...

Some people are ridiculous. Cavani had two bad games (or better; bad finishing in two games), but that doesnt mean he isnt top striker. Some people expect our new striker will score every game. Thats not gonna happen.

If this guy is available, him or Costa should play here next season.

I never said he shouldnt have scored from that chance. But admitting his mistake/blame is one thing, while calling him a fluke is entirely different!

Cavani didnt perform in either fixture, that's very true, However, he is still one of the best strikers in the world and his overall performance in the last couple of years are there to prove it. He is better than anyone in the EPL bar Aguero and Suarez. How come he "isnt Chelsea material"? THAT'S ABSURD!!!

People love to talk about how Drogba was the perfect striker for our style and so on (which I agree), but Cavani is the closest thing to Drogba there is. Edison is a beast who actually got technical abilities and is a natural goalscorer. He is a complete all around center foward just like Didier. If not for his price tag, he would have been the best option for us by a mile!!!

Also...What great player doesnt have his ups and downs? Even Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have their upsets, because I wouldnt be naive to post Messi "isnt Chelsea material" just because he got outplayed in 2012!

A "white Drogba" were my exact words after facing him in 2012! The logical thing would've been to snap him up then in the summer as Didier's replacement, but we decided to overinvest in Torres. :doh:

Paris Saint-Germain's South American strike duo Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi put Chelsea on high alert last night after telling friends they BOTH want to move to Stamford Bridge in the summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-targets-edinson-cavani-3414850#ixzz2yzdwk9Pa

Meh, Lavezzi, I don't know. I never liked the guy, even the Paris fans said he is one of the weakest players in that team.

I guess it's only bs and Chelsea's name is thrown out there just for the media to have something to talk about. Although I won't take out of the ecuation the fact that they are really unsettled there and must have figured out that Paris is no Champions League material and should look elswhere if they want to touch that trophy. Or at least have a decent chance at winning it.

Paris Saint-Germain's South American strike duo Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi put Chelsea on high alert last night after telling friends they BOTH want to move to Stamford Bridge in the summer.http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-targets-edinson-cavani-3414850#ixzz2yzdwk9Pa

I say fucking do it - 40 million and Torres + Luiz the other way and bring these 2 in... 80 millions worth of Players for 40 million - sounds amazing business :)

Job done! And we got more cover on the wings...

If this was FM I would have hit the buy button already :)

I'd prefer THESE two over Atletico boy any day of the week ending in a 'Y' :)

Paris Saint-Germain's South American strike duo Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi put Chelsea on high alert last night after telling friends they BOTH want to move to Stamford Bridge in the summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-targets-edinson-cavani-3414850#ixzz2yzdwk9Pa

An 'exclusive' from one of the most unreliable UK tabloids... i.e. complete fabrication. Never happening.

Also it's written by Martin Lipton - need I say anymore!

We can only dream that both Lavezzi and Edison, son, son will be coming to us in the summer. I'd rather Edison and Lucas if we were to get a package deal fron PsG. I didn't realise quite how good Lucas was going to become.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You