Fulham 2-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

On the other hand, Klopp was just as clueless at Liverpool when he had a serious injury wave two years ago, even though he had been 4-5 years in charge by the time. This in unbelievable hard situation to manage. At this point, no point to change manager.

Yeah, it's thrice as difficult to manage, if you have no idea how to manage at all. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Cucurella is a waste of 60 million, another brainfart from the board

I warned all

I said 2 years before we bought him, when he was in La Liga, NOT to buy him

Brighton is a mirage club

Edited by Vesper

Just now, robsblubot said:

For some reason we, as well as the press, have been nice to Kepa. I'm convinced he's one of the worst goalies I've seen play at a top club. He's Karius level and all he needs is the opportunity to do what Karius did.
It's no accident that we had Mendy (in excellent form) during our CL run. There is no way to do that with Kepa on goal.

Absolutely. I think it's his price tag. It's the old "if he cost that much, he must be good". I reckon if he was called Keith Atkinson bought for £5m from Bradford, it would be a different story.

The speed with which people started to crap on Mendy as well is depressing. Yes he was in bad form and he may indeed not be suitable long term, but he played a massive part in that CL. 

Just now, nyikolajevics said:

On the other hand, Klopp was just as clueless at Liverpool when he had a serious injury wave two years ago, even though he had been 4-5 years in charge by the time. This in unbelievable hard situation to manage. At this point, no point to change manager.

Read this sentence back. Particularly the first word. Klopp.

Lets be honest, Potter will never be on that level. Not in a million years. So lets end this Pep and Klopp needed time/comparisons/whatever bullshit. I am still speechless Potter even tried to say that himself. Klopp and Pep have proven track records at big clubs, they can get away with that. Because people know what to expect from them and their teams. 

This was the same nonsense that was spouted when Frank was here - those 2 will never ever ever be on JK & PG’s level as managers and will never achieve what they done so get that shite out of your head. There is no amount of time in the world where Potter becomes good in this job for this club. Barring 3 or 4 games after his appointment, we have nosedived. 

Say what you want but questions have to start with the management. The players weren't this bad with Tuchel so what does that tell you? 

3 minutes ago, Bren said:

The speed with which people started to crap on Mendy as well is depressing. Yes he was in bad form and he may indeed not be suitable long term, but he played a massive part in that CL. 

one season wonder SHIT goalie

his flaws were already visible even when we won the CL

and Kepa is dogshit too

Surely he's got to get sacked now. I honestly think in the long run he could work out but seriously, there has to be a point at which a manager is sacked for bad results and we must be beyond it...

That said, some of these players are not playing at a basic professional standard, and that is not acceptable no matter the manager. Avram Grant was a terrible manager but the players still showed up and fucking delivered. We need to sell some players immediately to anyone who will take them. 

3 minutes ago, Bren said:

Absolutely. I think it's his price tag. It's the old "if he cost that much, he must be good". I reckon if he was called Keith Atkinson bought for £5m from Bradford, it would be a different story.

makes sense yeah.
Same here! I honestly don't understand how ppl can even compare the two: the difference in reach alone is absolutely massive.