Chelsea 2 - 2 Tottenham

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So then Dean just set a horrific precedent moving forward. Pulling someone by the hair isn't violent conduct and not a foul. 

It's defo a foul but this is the problem with refs. They need to be held accountable or stleast give an interview after the game. Or change VAR rules.

Just now, Kong said:

While this is true its a no. VAR is used for goal decisions and yellow cards that might or should be red.

Aren't straight red offences under the same bracket?

I'm sure there has to have been a decision where the ref saw nothing which resulted in a straight red. Either that or the EPL has changed up the ruleset even more.

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm sure there has to have been a decision where the ref saw nothing which resulted in a straight red. Either that or the EPL has changed up the ruleset even more.

Stright red yes IF the ref gives a yellow 

Edited by Kong

Both Spurs goals were illegal.
The hair pulling of course and it is a card (yellow if one shows leniency). On live I did n't see it properly - momentarily I thought Taylor was looking for a pen against us. But I saw the twitter link.

6 minutes ago, Kong said:

Stright red yes IF the ref gives a yellow 

That's incorrect - Video Assistant Referees Red Card Decisions Explained | VAR | Premier League

The VAR will also check for possible red-card incidents for which the on-field referee has awarded a yellow card or no card at all.

Edited by LAM09

3 minutes ago, Kong said:

They just explained it after the game. Because the ref didn't see it or give it VAR cannot get involved.

Which highlights a failure in the set up right there.

If a goal can be called back due to a foul in open play, or a penalty can be given or overturned, why are set pieces like corners and free kicks not treated in the same way.

You have a situation now where the referee and the linesmen and 4th, 5th, 10th officials and VAR all speak to each other throughout the game. As an example, the linesman gets a corner decision wrong as to who the ball come off last. This takes literally 10 seconds on a replay to correct this decision, both ways from an attacking or defending perspective. By the time the ball has been handed over to the corner taker or the keeper, the decision can be reversed. It's hardly going to eat up much time.

I understand your point on the Havertz foul for the first goal. As infuriating as it is because it's such an obvious foul, there is significant time between that and the goal. (although I struggle to understand how Richarlison on this one isn't obstructing the view from an offside position but isn't my point being argued) But on the Romero foul it is so blatant it's a puzzle as to why a decision can't be made on this before the next corner has been taken.

Unfortunately the standard of refereeing has become so poor it has to be a consideration that it might just come to a stage whereby they are simply the man on the pitch to relay all decisions made by a VAR referee or system.

15 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

VAR, in this case (unless they gave a straight red) doesn't matter, due to the rules

it was TAYLOR not (at the bare minimum) not even calling a foul

obviously if Taylor had given a yellow the he also would have called it a foul as well

the fact that Cucu was violently pulled down by the hair, in the box, during the corner play and Taylor DID NOT EVEN CALLIN A FUCKING FOUL is sheer insanity, its utter, open, raw corruption that literally, SINGULARLY cost us all 3 points, a robberly that may, MAY cost us a CL spot down the road, thus £50-75m or so loss of revenue and also would give us a shit tonne harder recruitment window or two as we would have NO CL to offer elite players

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

VAR, in this case (unless they gave a straight red) doesn't matter, due to the rules

it was TAYLOR not (at the bare minimum) not even calling a foul

obviously if Taylor had given a yellow the he also would have called it a foul as well

the fact that Cucu was violently pulled down by the hair, in the box, during the corner play and Taylor DID NOT EVEN CALLIN A FUCKING FOUL is sheer insanity, its utter, open, raw corruption that literally, SINGULARLY cost us all 3 points, a robberly that may. MAY cost us a CL spot down the road, thus £50-75m or so loss of revenue and also would give us a shit tonne harder recruitment window or two

That's the issue, though. If that isn't deemed violent conduct, we might as well wrap things up.