Chelsea 2 - 2 Tottenham

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mendy had to bend to the left to look around the OFFSIDE Richarlson, so was tulted the wrong way on the goal shot to his right

Alright lets say the first goal was not a foul on Havertz, then what was this? Is it not Mendy trying to see the ball past Richardlison? 

Just now, Kong said:

Was it fuck a foul or jorgi lmao u joking? The useless cunt got caught out trying to be clever that was never a foul.

I don't think Jorginho got fouled but Havertz did. Even before the slide tackle, he is impeded and Richarlison is defo in Mendy's way no doubt. Cucu had his hair literally dragged and this ref will act like nothing happened just to ensure Spurs take their corner.

10 minutes ago, Stats said:

I don't think Jorginho got fouled but Havertz did. Even before the slide tackle, he is impeded and Richarlison is defo in Mendy's way no doubt. Cucu had his hair literally dragged and this ref will act like nothing happened just to ensure Spurs take their corner.

All true but let's be honest here we should of been 4-1 by the second goal. Blame the ref as much as u like but reason we lost today is simple we have no number 9. Clear as day is what we need

1 minute ago, Kong said:

All true but let's be honest here we should of been 4-1 by the second goal. Blame the ref as much as u like but reason we lost today is simple we have no number 9. Clear as day is what we need

Actually we didn't lose.

Also, I hope we carry this spirit and attitude into the next game.

Too often in the past 2 years I've seen Chelsea really turn it up against a big team, only to look lackluster in the next game against average opposition. 

1 minute ago, Kong said:

VAR checked it and let it stand. Nothing we can do about it, what we can control is how to clear a fucking ball out of danger 

No one is excusing Jorgi, but I don't understand this train of thought in the slightest. VAR gave a no call on Cucu being dragged to the floor.

Two or five hundred wrongs don't make a right. To sum it up, Tottenham earned a point due to refereeing decisions.  

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

No one is excusing Jorgi, but I don't understand this train of thought in the slightest. VAR gave a no call on Cucu being dragged to the floor.

Two or five hundred wrongs don't make a right. To sum it up, Tottenham earned a point due to refereeing decisions.  

VAR can't get involved in the cucu foul because the ref didn't see it. VAR is only used for red cards and goals nothing eles, because the ref didn't give it they can't look at it 

Edited by Kong

1 minute ago, Kong said:

VAR can't get involved in the cucu foul because the ref didn't see it. VAR is only used for red cards and goals nothing eles

Since when is pulling someone by the hair to the ground not deemed violent conduct? And if the technicality of VAR means the assistant cannot review fouls off the ball the official missed than the application is wrong and forever doomed of inconsistency. 

4 minutes ago, Kong said:

VAR can't get involved in the cucu foul because the ref didn't see it. VAR is only used for red cards and goals nothing eles, because the ref didn't give it they can't look at it 

I thought it was the total opposite. Doesn't VAR get involved and informs the ref of something he ought to look at (reason the ref waited before the second corner was taken and was clearly having a conversation with VAR)?

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Edited by LAM09

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Since when is pulling someone by the hair to the ground not deemed violent conduct? And if the technicality of VAR means the assistant cannot review fouls off the ball the official missed than the application is wrong and forever doomed of inconsistency. 

They just explained it after the game. Because the ref didn't see it or give it VAR cannot get involved.

24 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

There are obviously different interpreters as it was not called, but it was a call.

on the corner it is MADNESS that Taylor did not call a foul on Romero and give him a yellow, then VAR could look at it for a possible red

because there was no foul called and no goal scored, ALL VAR, because of the insanely stupid rule, could look at was for a straight red, they could not call a foul

LOOK again at the view Taylor HAD, it was right in front of the cunt

utter criminality that he did not at least call a foul and give a yellow

even if no yellow or red, there NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN the corner right after, where they scored

it is as clear a stolen 3 points as you will ever see, as it happened at the death, and it was crazy blatant, and they ONLY scored because of the no call

there is literally no way to spin it otherwise, the game would have ended as soon as we kicked the ball into their half of the pitch, or shortly thereafter

Edited by Vesper

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I thought it was the total opposite. Doesn't VAR get involved and informs the ref of something he ought to look at (reason the ref waited before the second corner was taken and was clearly have a conversation with VAR)?

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

While this is true its a no. VAR is used for goal decisions and yellow cards that might or should be red.

1 minute ago, Kong said:

They just explained it after the game. Because the ref didn't see it or give it VAR cannot get involved.

So then Dean just set a horrific precedent moving forward. Pulling someone by the hair isn't violent conduct and not a foul. 

Gut wrenching to drop points in that way at the end but once everything has calmed down, for me there was a lot to like about today's performance.

Very aggressive in the first half and although playing with a back 3, James regularly pushed into midfield in that first half to pin Spurs in and dominate them. There was a lot more urgency and quickness in our game too. Understandable we couldn't keep that level of intensity up given how hot it was and still early in the season, but still dominant in the second half and ironically had better chances that half too.

After pre season and then the Everton game we looked still very undercooked compared to how Spurs had looked in their own pre season and first game of the season but raised the levels today and we've arguably not seen that level of intensity since the Madrid game. 

Still wasteful today and we have to start finding a clinical edge. Some of these chances are very good and we're not even hitting the target. Havertz worked his socks off today and you can't fault his effort but he has to score his chance. It is the difference between the win today irrespective of poor refereeing decisions.

But this is a Spurs team who have spent multi millions to improve their bench and suddenly been cast into potential title challengers and a level above us for this season. They've been played off the park and know that they've got out the game with an extremely lucky point. I still believe we're the best of the rest behind City and Liverpool and if we could find a consistent goal scorer or two we'd have a chance of significantly closing that gap.