Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Kong said:

I see some 1 put another 20p In you. No pull no pull no pull your like a fucking broken shit sounded trash talking idiot record. FmL you couldn't pull yourself never mind Any 1 eles! Your no Chelsea fan you posts say it all. Probs some Barca fan comming in to troll it's pathetic.

they are The No Pull Troll

😂

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

It will take time for us to implement the 'Liverpool' model and of course we need a DOF for that. 

This season will be a write off... and if TT does manage to get us top 4 considering the strengthening Arsneal and Spurs have made... then give that man a lifelong contract.

I know patience isn't our fan bases greatest attribute but patience is what we will need.

Last season we had 5 tournaments to juggle, an unprecented ownership crisis and an injury crisis that in itself would have crippled most teams.

Still made top 4 despite that while the two teams chasing us (if you can call it that) had relative good luck with injury and only to the league to focus on in the business end.

Unless he does a Conte and jacks it in we'll always get top 4 at a minimum under TT, last season was the perfect storm to knock him and us out of it and they still couldn't manage it.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Unless he does a Conte and jacks it in we'll always get top 4 at a minimum under TT, last season was the perfect storm to knock him and us out of it and they still couldn't manage it.

If his recent comments are anything to go by, you never know. 

20 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I hope you're wrong too. If you are not it will be a doubly but outlook. Not only will it fail to solve the situation, it will also suggest that the people in charge are not of the right calibre to fix the problems. I see no reason to doubt that they are capable people so I would hate to be disillusioned this quickly. I believe that they'll stay calm, work through the issues and set us on a better path.

I do really hope this to be the case but there has to be a bit of concern that will creep into them and their plans now. Whilst teams miss out on targets, for us to do so in such a public way does not look good whatsoever. It creates a negative outlook for the club whereby there will already be doubts and scepticism in some quarters as to what the future holds for Chelsea post Roman.

They will also be fully aware that whilst they've received a warm welcome from the fans, there is still an affinity there for Chelsea fans with Roman and the feeling that we've had him forcefully taken away. If they don't hit the ground running and things do take a backwards step, I think there will be a worry that the fans might turn pretty quickly.

And now to add to this, the cracks are definitely starting to show with Tuchel. From what has been reported they view him potentially as the most important person they've inherited at the club and with that in mind, the last thing they'll want is to see him run out of patience and walk away.

I'd rather we take a step or two backwards and fix everything piece by piece. The idea of just placing a band-aid on things simply doesn't cut it anymore. Like you mentioned on another post, over the next couple of years these big earners we can't shift will move on when their contracts are up but it isn't something that is going to correct over night. Throwing more money at quick fixes doesn't help anything. But we all know just how emotional football is, and how easily decisions can be made based on that.

25 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

If his recent comments are anything to go by, you never know. 

I think he'd more likely walk away than just "phone it in". Last season was the perfect opportunity for him to do that and he stuck with it in testing times.

No idea why people are blaming Boehly for Barca big-footing us

it is not his fault they are a bigger club and the players involved preferred them over us

it is not rocket science on those players

plus Real (the biggest club in the world by far) took Tchou (I blame the old board for that, as we should have bought him last summer for £40-45m)

and Bayern took de Ligt, again not Boehly's fault, as they too, are a bigger club than we are atm (and always have been, post WWII)

add in PSG (pure money and many players simply want to live in Paris) and Citeh (pure money + Pep)

Pool atm is ascendant due to Klopp and damn smart board

When Manure sort themselves (a huge if as to time-frame atm) then they shoot up that list (and they are still easily a bigger club than us, even now)

these are the only bigger clubs than Chels atm

Juve, we can (outside of Italian players) simply out muscle IF we want, even more so for Inter and AC Milan, plus Atletico Madrid, Arse, Dortmund, and Spuds

Those are the 15 (by far, massive drop off after those 15, hopefully NUFC are still ages away from joining to make it 16) biggest clubs in global football

we have 7 above us

and 7 below us

it is just the way it is

nothing Boehly can do about it atm, it is just going to take time to claw our way up (PSG and Citeh prove you can climb massively up the ladder, as did WE OURSELVES before them) to saying we are on par with all but Barca and Real 

Edited by Vesper

10 minutes ago, whats happening said:

get pavard and a new reliable winger/striker and we are good to go.

Come on Mate pass it over! We all want some of that your smoking Pavard? Fuck sake lol 

Edited by Kong

The one thing I'm guessing from this window that can be thrown at Boehly and he's learning a hard lesson about is just how different transfers are in football compared to American sports. 

In NFL especially, you're always getting top players move to some of the worser teams in the league if they're willing to pay them.

I wonder if he thought it would be much easier to get Raphinha, Kounde, etc by coming in and outmuscling teams with money. There has to be more than that when it comes to football, it's not just one league and one title being competed for, and there's a much greater feeling in football for players to play for the likes of Barca and Madrid, compared to say playing for the Packers or 49ers in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, whats happening said:

get pavard and a new reliable winger/striker and we are good to go.

are you counting Pavard as a CB (he sucks there btw)?

And, as we are likely getting gazumped by Barca over Kounde

if we roll with just the CB's we have

and add no one new there

we are likely in deep shit unless Colwill blows up huge

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The one thing I'm guessing from this window that can be thrown at Boehly and he's learning a hard lesson about is just how different transfers are in football compared to American sports. 

In NFL especially, you're always getting top players move to some of the worser teams in the league if they're willing to pay them.

I wonder if he thought it would be much easier to get Raphinha, Kounde, etc by coming in and outmuscling teams with money. There has to be more than that when it comes to football, it's not just one league and one title being competed for, and there's a much greater feeling in football for players to play for the likes of Barca and Madrid, compared to say playing for the Packers or 49ers in the NFL.

yank baseball is a much better comparison, especially as Boehly is more baseball oriented

but overall, yes, agree, yanks almost always purely chase money (until they age a bit, and want a ring), plus teams are MUCH MUCH more fluid in terms of standings

a great MLB team can almost instantly go to shit, same for most NBA teams (look at the LA Lakers for massive ups and downs) and also NFL sides

they also have no relegation fears at all

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

So long we go after the likes of Skriniar and Gvardiol

I see nothing to say we will pull either one

next year, assuming than £43m release clause in 2023 is legit, the bigger clubs will likely pull Gvardiol from us

and, as we speak, PSG is lumbering towards pulling in Skriniar now

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I see nothing to say we will pull either one

next year, assuming than £43m release clause in 2023 is legit, the bigger clubs will likely pull Gvardiol from us

and, as we speak, PSG is lumbering towards pulling in Skriniar now

It's now or never....go hard after Gvardiol pay RB the extra cash...

17 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Get Dest and Memphis while at it as well and were good to go... in conference cup.

funny how no one wanted kounde two weeks ago, and now theres nearly a riot here because he picked barca over us. 🙄