Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Kounde gets to play with Pedri, Gavi, Lewandowski, Raphinah, Fati, De Jong

All players who are technically gifted.

Here he could play with J5, Werner and Emerson.

😂

And this is meant to be Todd Bohelys fault!?

Years and years of piss poor recruitment is finally rearing his head... well it has been for 2 years now. 

Thanks fuck Marina and that bunch of clowns has gone. Absolute amateurs.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Kounde gets to play with Pedri, Gavi, Lewandowski, Raphinah, Fati, De Jong

All players who are technically gifted.

Here he could play with J5, Werner and Emerson.

😂

And this is meant to be Todd Bohelys fault!?

Years and years of piss poor recruitment is finally rearing his head... well it has been for 2 years now. 

Thanks fuck Marina and that bunch of clowns has gone. Absolute amateurs.

Exactly!!! 

Seeing as you belive every single report you read... then Barca did try to get KK but the Napoli president told them to fuck off as he wasn't risking not being paid. 

Don't write us off... I'm telling you now... everyone may be on our backs saying we won't get top 4 or even 6... just watch... TT will find a way. 

Once we go back to a 3atb system with James and Chilly as Wing backs... we will be very hard to beat.

Attack is more worrying for me.. 

But

I fully expect us to bring somebody in... maybe CR7 who cares... just bring somebody in who can score.

2 minutes ago, hazard21 said:

I can’t blame kounde and raphinha they made the right decisions unfortunately for us but if I were in their position I would make the same choice .

Your annoying me, if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all. It has nothing to do with TT, players will always be charmed by the long gone lure of greatness which RM and FCB have. 

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Oh fuck off is it Todd Bohelys fault.

He has walked into a stemming pile of shit called Chelsea FC.

This club has been run badly for years now.. let's now put this down to Bohely.

With little to no help he has pulled off Sterling and KK in his first few months of taking over.

These scrubs want to play for Barca because its FC Barcelona. 

Nothing anyone can do.

Good post, although I would have to say if Boehly and Tuchel had done more earlier then Kounde would have already been a Chelsea player at the start of pre-season so in that way it is their fault. More Tuchel's than Boehly's because the former chose the alternative targets (De Ligt, Aké) for whom a lot of valuable time and resources were used.

If the club had been more decisive and gone after Kounde earlier he wouldn't even have had other options to choose from because the deal would've been long concluded before Barca could even pull any of their infamous 'financial levers'. Surely he'd not have waited around for more than a month to see if Laporta comes good with their promise of eventually going after him. 

Just now, Hermione said:

Absolutely nonsense, the only reason he got those 2 is because no one else was in for them, even the Napoli president admitted if Barcelona for in for KK he would be in Spain now.

De Laurentiis said nothing of the sort. He said the exact opposite actually, that Barcelona were indeed after Koulibaly but were told to fuck right off due to the fact they had no money.

“I let Koulibaly go because he asked me to,” De Laurentiis told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

“Barcelona had come in, but they didn’t have the money because they are in debt. Then Chelsea came forward and we couldn’t say no to someone like Koulibaly, despite the fact I tried in every possible way to keep him, offering €6m per season net.

“But if a player wants a new experience at a prestigious club, in the biggest league in the world, you have to recognise what he’s given you and not put up walls.”

33 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We have proper and totally fucked with by Barcelona, wow, just wow.

Never in my life have I seen one club pied like this in my life, I'm embarrsed for us.

Is it confirmed that Kounde will join Barca? If so, it won't surprise any of us I think. Barcelona are, and probably always will be, a far bigger club than Chelsea. If they genuinely want a player also targeted by us, that player will virtually always choose them. Nothing even slightly humiliating about it. Just a fact of the football world.

There is nothing new about this either. We wanted Ronaldinho, they took him. We scouted and wooed Neymar for a long time. As soon as Barca came in he lost all interest in us. Not that he was overly keen anyway after Pele told him to avoid us like the plague.

Barca have in fact been very clever and have used their power very well. They have allowed us to be the stalking horse in negotiations with clubs and players then, once we'd established the acceptable figures, they've come along and tried to use the fact that the player is 100% committed to them over us to negotiate down from the numbers we'd agreed. It's just good business. Leeds could see what they were doing and were having none of it but good work Barca for trying.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

35 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Another Boehly masterclass, not that I'm angry we lost out on Kounde but takes some effort from Todd to humiliate us again and again.

Todd is an experienced business head and won't panic. Nor should he. It'll take time to work our way out of this. Silly attempts at quick fixes are not required nor, I hope, wanted by genuine Blues fans. The contracts which are causing us difficulties will eventually run out even if we can't solve them before then. Stay calm and find good players that bigger clubs don't want. Retool the squad then start working our way up the food chain. Let's avoid the mistake of pressuring the board for silly, emotional, reasons.

21 minutes ago, Valdo said:

long gone lure of greatness which RM and FCB have. 

Real just won the CL and are loading up with talent

their brand new 1 billion euro stadium renovation is soon done (completely finished by mid 2023 at the latest) as well

Mbappe will be there after his PSG 435 million euro 3 year deal is done (he will sign for RM when he is 26 years old, so they will get 5, 6 peak years out of him)

they do not look too 'long gone' to me

Edited by Vesper

It will take time for us to implement the 'Liverpool' model and of course we need a DOF for that. 

This season will be a write off... and if TT does manage to get us top 4 considering the strengthening Arsneal and Spurs have made... then give that man a lifelong contract.

I know patience isn't our fan bases greatest attribute but patience is what we will need.

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

This is all good but I feel we will panic in the coming weeks and get some average joes to fill the squad. Hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong too. If you are not it will be a doubly but outlook. Not only will it fail to solve the situation, it will also suggest that the people in charge are not of the right calibre to fix the problems. I see no reason to doubt that they are capable people so I would hate to be disillusioned this quickly. I believe that they'll stay calm, work through the issues and set us on a better path.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie