Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

are you counting Pavard as a CB (he sucks there btw)?

And, as we are likely getting gazumped by Barca over Kounde

if we roll with just the CB's we have

and add no one new there

we are likely in deep shit unless Colwill blows up huge

we are getting extremely picky here. no one is good enough seems like.

pavard could play both cb and rwb. surely has to be better than azpi now

7 minutes ago, whats happening said:

funny how no one wanted kounde two weeks ago, and now theres nearly a riot here because he picked barca over us. 🙄

Nah I still don’t want him and don’t mind him going elsewhere but the club failing at securing targets is setting a dangerous precedent, framing a narrative that our project is not enticing & our executives being pushovers 

46 minutes ago, whats happening said:

funny how no one wanted kounde two weeks ago, and now theres nearly a riot here because he picked barca over us. 🙄

To be fair I think people are unhappy about us failing to secure our transfer targets, not about who the players are.

The CB landscape atm is bleak, as removing Kounde, Skriniar, and Gvardiol from the board leaves a serious drop-off for both now and 2023

the 4 in bold are the only ones ever considered (now or in the past few years) top class CB's, and ALL 4 have huge issues

italics non-bolded are good enough now to come, just not top rated ever

more than a few of these will also be gone I am sure, as well

Alessandro Bastoni   lefty (doesn't want to leave and has regressed a bit, Skriniar leaving and de Virj ageing makes his exit highly unlikely)
Pau Torres lefty (not sold on him, Barca or Citeh may well go for him now, this window)
José María Giménez (far too often injured and too expensive, plus next summer will be his last window where you get a full sub 30yo season out of him, which is key for the money he would cost)

Stefan de Vrij  (if he was 25 26, 27, then hell yes, he would be TOP of thsi list, BUT he turns 32yo in the middle of next season, 2023/24) 

Presnel Kimpembe lefty (not a bold for me, and apparently doesn't want to come here, but I WOULD take him now, for sure)

Merih Demiral   (decent, solid CB, we should be at least looking at him)
Evan Ndicka  lefty (decent, solid CB, we should be at least looking at him)
Robin Le Normand (decent, solid CB, we should be at least looking at him)

Wesley Fofana (2023 and beyond only)
Gonçalo Inácio   lefty, very young, super technical, huge potential

Jurrien Timber (2023 and beyond only) another shorty, but he is now taller than Kounde at least

Edmond Tapsoba stagnating a bit, needs to step up
Benoît Badiashile lefty. needs to show more, but he is HUGE, 1.94m, and fairly pacey, not much of a motor though
Gianluca Mancini doubt he will leave Roma, and he has a crazy temper, way worse than Rudiger's
Pierre Kalulu   (can play RB too) 
Nico Elvedi    stagnating
Manuel Akanji    seems soft
Matthias Ginter    ageing, he turns 30 in middle of next season
Roger Ibañez (I know many do not rate him at all, but we shall see what he does this season, he still has bags of talent) 
Thilo Kehrer  overall a meh
Odilon Kossounou  very young
Castello Lukeba  lefty very young
Maxence Lacroix (ONLY if he massively rebounds from a pretty poor 2021/22)
Abdou Diallo lefty (can play LB too)
Piero Hincapié   lefty very young
Adam Webster
Max Kilman
David Carmo lefty 1.96m
Min-jae Kim (likely off to Napoli)
Attila Szalai   lefty

then finally two youth I really like the potential of

Armel Bella-Kotchap very young BUT deffo one to watch, massive upside, could be a Rudiger clone
Ilya Zabarnyi   very very young, huge upside

Edited by Vesper

52 minutes ago, Alabama said:

It's now or never....go hard after Gvardiol pay RB the extra cash...

That is likely the only way it will happen, BUT will we dump £70-80m or so on a 20yo 1.85m CB with a total of only 29 Big 5 league games under his belt?

58 minutes ago, whats happening said:

I for one am not rioting over Kounde at all

its the utter lack of other much needed signings

we have missed out on an insane amount of class, quality players and the positions are truly drying up, as I have been meticulously keeping a running tally of for all of you

our official first team roster at the moment 

eeeeeeeeeeeek

the 100% for sure stays

Edouard Mendy 
Trevoh Chalobah  (shaky AF for months, I am rapidly losing confidence, a huge key to watch)
Thiago Silva
Ben Chilwell
Reece James
Mateo Kovacic   
Mason Mount  
Kai Havertz 
Raheem Sterling
Kalidou Koulibaly
Conor Gallagher   
Levi Colwill (super pressure on the lad atm)

Armando Broja    (I assume he stays, and there is insane pressure on the lad more than likely)

the rest

it's an overall shitshow

(many who were supposed to be sold, and donkey dregs Bakayoko is still in flux, out on loan, which may end prematurely, which fucks us even more so)

utter dregs in bold

and we are weak at DMF as it stands with Jorginho and the oft injured Kante 

Kepa Arrizabalaga   (needs to go due to huge salary plus he cannot be happy playing backup, he is starting quality for many, many teams)
Marcus Bettinelli  (has looked so poor when he plays)
Ethan Ampadu  (not at ALL sold on him, but we may need him, eeeeek)
Malang Sarr  get the hell off my team!!!! NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Matt Miazga  (a joke he is still here)
Emerson  (what a flop)

Marcos Alonso  (needs to go, likely stays as it stands, arrrf)
Abdul-Rahman Baba why the fuck is he still here?????
César Azpilicueta    (needs to go, likely stays as it stands, arrrf)
Jorginho  (he is so shit defensively)
N'Golo Kanté
 (father time is rapidly catching up, as I warned for last 2 years or so) 
Ruben Loftus-Cheek  (needs to go, he does next to nothing, a bust when all is measured)
Billy Gilmour  (likely loaned out, I am not sold on him atm)
Ross Barkley   (drunkard)
Kenedy   dogshit player
Hakim Ziyech     (needs to go, I was against this buy, and have been proven correct)
Christian Pulisic   do or die season
Callum Hudson-Odoi    (needs to go, we were crazy to turn down, in hindsight, £40m from Bayern)
Timo Werner    (what a trainwreck of a flop)
Michy Batshuayi  doghshit deluxe, massive bust, horrid buy

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Bayern fans treat him like we treat Alonso.

That's everything what you need to know

yes, but they went from the best RB on the planet (Kimmich, who moved to DMF) to him, so of course he looks poor in comparison, and their other fullback is WC Davies

25 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

This saga is likely going to end up with Kounde going Barca.

But i will hold off for a little while as their media is incredibly biased.  Sevilla sources still insist nothing with Barca, only Chelsea

But Fabrizo the transfer God himself has spoken. Sooooo....

Chelsea are ready to fork out €50 million to land Pau Torres after they faced a setback in pursuit of Jules Kounde.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/25/Chelsea-ready-to-shell-out-e50-million-for-pau-torres/

According to Calcio Mercato Web, Premier League giants Chelsea have earmarked Villarreal star Pau Torres as an alternative for Sevilla ace Jules Kounde this summer. The Blues are in the market for a centre-back following the summer exits of Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger.This left Thomas Tuchel with the largely unproven Trevoh Chalobah and Malang Sarr as Thiago Silva’s partners. The Brazilian himself is 37 and entering the final phase of his career.

but.....................................................

BARCELONA SUBMIT PAU TORRES ENQUIRY

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/24/barcelona-submit-pau-torres-enquiry/

lever number three inbound, roflmaooooooooooooooooo

🤣

ea91780331621dcbd9ab94038a76f66d.png

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea are ready to fork out €50 million to land Pau Torres after they faced a setback in pursuit of Jules Kounde.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/25/Chelsea-ready-to-shell-out-e50-million-for-pau-torres/

According to Calcio Mercato Web, Premier League giants Chelsea have earmarked Villarreal star Pau Torres as an alternative for Sevilla ace Jules Kounde this summer. The Blues are in the market for a centre-back following the summer exits of Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger.This left Thomas Tuchel with the largely unproven Trevoh Chalobah and Malang Sarr as Thiago Silva’s partners. The Brazilian himself is 37 and entering the final phase of his career.

but.....................................................

BARCELONA SUBMIT PAU TORRES ENQUIRY

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/24/barcelona-submit-pau-torres-enquiry/

🤣

The Barca links seemed to be the other day in response to Kounde likely coming to us.

This is the sort of link I was worried about. I don't think he's that good, I don't think his skillset suits the Premier League where I think he's more likely to get caught for pace and bullied a little. For how painful it could be, I'd much rather roll into next season with what we already have if this is the best option at the best part of 50m.

Surely there's a better right back/wing back option which could allow us to place Reece in the back 3?

33 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The Barca links seemed to be the other day in response to Kounde likely coming to us.

This is the sort of link I was worried about. I don't think he's that good, I don't think his skillset suits the Premier League where I think he's more likely to get caught for pace and bullied a little. For how painful it could be, I'd much rather roll into next season with what we already have if this is the best option at the best part of 50m.

Surely there's a better right back/wing back option which could allow us to place Reece in the back 3?

we need a left footed CB unless we think Colwill is a lock starter already (KK is a natural RCB)

sooo

we either just bomb RB Leipzig with £70-80m and pull Gvardiol now (next summer a bigger club will take him from us I fear, when his RC is only around £43m ie €50m)

or we dump £50-60m on Presnel Kimpembe (PSG wants £60m, and Presnel just said he is open to 'exploring other options', BUT that was after Juve now have joined the race for him, and he is BFF with Pogba, they are thick as thieves, so eeeeek)

or we roll for 

Evan Ndicka, who would be in the £40m to 45m range or so (maybe £35m if we, LOLOL, play hardball)

or

super dice roll

Attila Szalai  for around £20-25m or so

Pau is a left footer as well (and yes, I am NOT sold on him in the EPL)

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we need a left footed CB unless we think Colwill is a lock starter already (KK is a natural RCB)

sooo

we either just bomb RB Leipzig with £70-80m and pull Gvardiol now (next summer a bigger club will take him from us I fear, when his RC is only around £43m ie €50m)

or we dump £50-60m on Presnel Kimpembe (PSG wants £60m, and Presnel just said he is open to 'exploring other options', BUT that was after Juve now have joined the race for him, and he is BFF with Pogba, they are thick as thieves, so eeeeek)

or we roll for 

Evan Ndicka, who would be in the £40m to 45m range or so (maybe £35m if we, LOLOL, play hardball)

Pau is a left footer as well (and yes, I am NOT sold on him in the EPL)

Szalai may be an option to re-look at who shouldn't cost a fortune (think when we were originally linked with him he was being talked about in the £15-20m bracket).

I don't think a left footed CB is as desperate as it seems. We were after all looking at buying Kounde for the right hand side which would have left Koulibaly for the left anyway. Not quite sure that makes too much difference and opens up many more options though.