Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Ready to explore more options if green light doesn't come soon? Fuck me, don't they realize the move is already dead? 

Should have started exploring a plan B two days ago already.

Looks like nobody at Chelsea following "MagnetBarca" on Twitter, then they should have already known it's dead! How shity job!

Anyway, I am big fan of Skriniar but he is very different kind of player than Koundé.. If the Frenchman was the target of Tuchel then not sure he would like to accept Skriniar.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

This were the guidance of someone like a Marina or Cech would of been a helping hand but they are on their merry way. TB seems to have left him self exposed if what your saying is true. If TB is ploughing his own furrow here he is going to come up against some serious obstacles as we have already seen. But a business man like him should have some foresight and guidance from within but this whole 1-2 months should be a massive wake up to him and his right hand men on what the football transfer world is like.

The problem is we don't and probably won't ever know the full story of whether Marina and Cech were pushed or jumped themselves.

There was talk of Marina leaving as soon as the takeover was completed when Roman first put the club up for sale, so I'm really not surprised she left as soon as she did. It was far from ideal but from what has come out since, it appears if it was down to her and Cech then Lukaku wouldn't have left this summer. This immediately creates a cause of friction if Boehly wants to back the manager.

You are bang on the money though that it has to be a real eye opening experience for Boehly but whilst it doesn't feel like it now, maybe it will work to the club's benefit further down the line. We obviously need an experienced sporting director in to deal with transfers and help map out a plan to reshape this squad but Boehly getting a taste of experience of this first hand this summer can only help with his understanding and future support for what a sporting director and the club as a whole might need.

Everything he's done in just a couple of months is more proactive and hands on than anything the Glazers, Kroenke's, etc have done in years. It's not perfect and it never was going to be, but I have a lot of respect for Boehly that he was willing to tackle everything head on this summer. It would have been easier for him to make minimal changes and tell Tuchel he'd just have to make do this season to give the hierarchy time to put everything into place, but he's doing the best he can to try and get us competitive as possible this season. Difficult to knock the man when he's effectively been placed in the eye of a storm.

I struggle to see just where Kounde fit on our list of centre back targets. If he was near the top everything was there to get him tied up at the start of the summer, so he had to be a target below the first 4 or 5 at least for us to only now have been negotiating for him.

The worry is just how far down the list are we supposed to go to get a target. Are we just compounding the current problems by adding a decent or good player to the ranks but one who isn't or ever likely to be top level, and likely need replacing/strengthening over in a season or two.

10 minutes ago, milka said:

Marcos Alonso is  immortal at Chelsea  😂
Viva Marcos 

as it should be, fuck those spanish cunts, they can stick their levers up their asses, all of them.

For me, Marcos with all his faults he is quite an ok backup to have at LWB, better than Emerson for sure where the latters advantage is only his speed. I cant take anymore of those hoof balls forward to nobody.

As bad as I feel for Azpi and his move to Barca, we simply cannot lose another senior defender without getting one in. Hopefully Azpi will be a professional about this and understand our situation. 

I think its better for us to hold off on the LWB, RWB position and focus first on getting another CB and an attacker, and then maybe explore the options we have near the end of the transfer season. We will also need to do proper research to find the most fitting player for those positions (RWB,LWB) as I think they will be here for a while and we do not need another Baba Rahman on our hands, this is also why we need to improve our scouting department.

Can’t imagine how we’d keep 3 LWB’s in the squad and have enough minutes to go around. So blocking Alonso from going whilst keeping Emerson makes no sense. One or the other has to go. And we haven’t heard anything about anyone wanting Emerson.