Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Side note to the transfers, it's absolutely critical to get James and Mount signed up to long term deals this summer too. 

If it does take a year or two to get rid of all the deadwood at the club and reshape the squad, the last thing we need is question marks on two of our best players. 

There was talk a few weeks ago of getting both on 6 year deals. Get this done, it'll alleviate a huge potential problem we could face down the line.

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I am not going to lose my shit over a pre-season but I have been of the opinion for a while that we were never going to solve our problems in one window and this should be remembered.

However, the losing of Rudi, Tomori, Guehi and AC caused us a lot of damage and extended my prediction of how long a rebuild will take us from two windows to three. I say this as where this window should've been focused getting the attack right, followed by a CM and some back up WB's, it has required us to focus on CB. 

Furthermore, the two key attacking players I had down to really help us kick on where Raphinha and Chiesa. Raph decided to go to Barca, I personally don't blame the club here as I think they did all the could, whilst Chiesa got a massive injury that ruled him out. That left us with Sterling which I think was probably the best option left to us. 

At this point, I do not see any AM/CF's that we can go out and get this Summer that are going to really improve us.

As a result, I think the goal has to be get Mount and James pinned down to long term contracts and make ourselves hard to beat and just stick to getting top 4 as that allows us to continue to build. 

For me, we need to just get the RCB and a back up WB minimum and hope Kai steps up (I actually think he will due to what I saw him develop last year: his hold up play and ability to fight/stand up to the CB's in the PL.) 

Agreed whether we buy Kounde or someone else, we're likely spending the best part of £100m on centre backs to replace two that have left on free transfers.

The worrying thing with attackers is there's not a great deal of depth on the market. Unless we took a massive dice roll with Ronaldo for a year which could easily go a similar way to Lukaku, there's no one that stands out to me that is nothing more than a punt. Hence why it just makes more sense for us to keep Broja this season who will offer a more direct threat in the number 9 role than Havertz (a genuine number 9 option) but is willing to work and press for the system which was an obvious problem with Lukaku.

Just saw TTs post match presser and he was absolutely spot on. We are proper fucked with our current attacking options going into the new season which is literally a few weeks away. 

We need a striker and RW...

But for me most importantly, we need a playmaker.... I know it's not going happen but we desperately need our own KDB. 

It's beyond beggars belief that we have never replaced Fabregas and even Hazard to some extent.

The lack of vision from our midfield is mind boggling. Absolutely mind boggling.

Edited by DDA

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'd go out and get Saint Maximin, highjack that Scamacca from West Ham and go fully in for Nkunku.

Personally I struggle to see what Saint Max would give us for the price being touted. He's direct and at times will cause problems with his willingness to dribble but there's a lot of times that he'll either dribble into a blind alley or when it comes to an end product, it's frustratingly inconsistent like our current attacking contingent. 

He's not adding goals to this team either as he's only scored 11 in the league in his 3 years at Newcastle.

You have to also ask questions, given where Newcastle are and where I'm sure they'd like to get to, why would they be entertaining selling him?

34 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

You have to also ask questions, given where Newcastle are and where I'm sure they'd like to get to, why would they be entertaining selling him?

There's supposedly friction between him and some other players for a few reasons, including wage differences.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

At this point, I do not see any AM/CF's that we can go out and get this Summer that are going to really improve us.

Danjuma certainly would. The lack of consist goalscorers in this team in frightening.

Edited by LAM09

33 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

but there's a lot of times that he'll either dribble into a blind alley or when it comes to an end product, it's frustratingly inconsistent like our current attacking contingent. 

Summed up every single attacker in our squad. 

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Not just quality on the ball but an absolute mentality monster who grafts like fuck and want's it all the time.

Look at the teams around us even bringing Spurs and arsenal into it and what they have up top. City have Haaland, Mahrez, Foden, Liverpool have Salah, Diaz and Nunez, Spurs have Kane and Son with Richarlison and Arsenal have Jesus, Saka and Martinelli....all more options, more fluidity, more threat than us who have Kai Fucking Havertz, Werner and CHO

Kai and werner were top signings at the time , they’d look 10x better if they joined Bayern or Liverpool. All the players you listed would be way worse playing for us too , just wait for sterling to be nowhere near his city form