Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Liverpool and Bayern don't buy lazy players

They aren’t lazy players , we won the champions league because of their relentless pressing. Liverpool and Bayern have actual attacking tactics so their players don’t look lost 

11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

One of the most frustrating aspects is just how far our scouting/recruitment has dropped off in recent years. 

It's not a million years ago in a relatively short span of 2 or 3 years we signed the likes of Azpi, Cahill, Courtois, De Bruyne, Salah, Oscar, even Hazard to a degree from what would be perceived as 'lesser' teams.

We've moved away from this in recent times and seem to prefer to see if a player can move to a mid tier side and impress first. The only one I can really think of recently falling into such a category would be Mendy and that feels it was more of a case of finding a cost effective alternative to Kepa. There's been talk that we've scouted Raphinha since Rennes and Kounde since Bordeaux - if this is the case why aren't we pulling the trigger on some of these players for a fraction of the price that they're being quoted once they've made a move.

The easy answer is De Vissier. He was responsible for the Belgian boys while the others were widely linked to Emenalo. 

The drop off coincided with the arrival of Granny into the Director position. However, that isn't a popular opinion for some posters; although to be fair we don't have much hard proof she was actually deciding transfers. 

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

we don't have much hard proof she was actually deciding transfers

Matt Law, for one, confirmed it

as has been posted multiple times

he is Mr inside Chels, and has never never a bomb-tosser, in fact he has been the opposite

Just now, Alabama said:

Can we actually make a move for danjuma...his profile and style is quite similar to Chiesa who I wanted prior his injury...

if you count him as a CF, the only 2 left are (my always first choice but costly and posion dwarf captured) Osimhen and then Danjuma

plus Danjuma can play winger so it seems to be the way to go atm

As dire as things feel after these preseason games, I’d still feel pretty optimistic about top 4 if we can somehow get Koundé + a class attacking player in before the season starts.

I just have no clue at all who a realistic attacking signing is from here. Even if we were to panic and bring CR7 in I feel like our midfield lack so much creativity that even he’d struggle for goals.

Missing out on both Raphinha and Dembele so massively fucked us over. We desperately needed that kind of pace and extreme aggression on that right side to stretch teams and also score goals.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Missing out on both Raphinha

Would have loved Raphinha here!

Not sure on Kounde. It's been done to death (forgive me I'm new 😁) but I feel we'd too often see this type of performance if he came here 👇. Love to be proven wrong though of course (would not be the first time)!

53 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

How is it possible that Tuchel did not notice that all game last night Arsenal moved the ball in to the final third with anyone that was matched up against Emerson? They exploited that area of the field all night and yet Tuchel praises him?

Emerson is a fraud. A lot of people give him leeway because of the misconception that he is a better defender than Alonso.

35 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Emerson is a fraud. A lot of people give him leeway because of the misconception that he is a better defender than Alonso.

I don’t even think defending has anything to do with it. People call for Emerson because he can actually run pretty quickly to recover defensively. 

At least the squad is already back in England rather than poncing around America for a few more days, I guess a bit of recovery or light training tomorrow as they acclimatise back to our clock and then back at it Tuesday.

Regardless of transfers, we didn't look fit yesterday. I fully understand the needs to go on pre season tours and I would assume they can be beneficial for staff and squad to bond and build relationships which will hopefully show on the pitch. They're not going to be training all the time and completely understand marketing the club, doing some sights, etc but it's not a good look when you then put a performance like that one in.

Big couple of weeks now to get the team ready for the new season. I feel we can't afford to start slow and be playing catch up.

25 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

At least the squad is already back in England rather than poncing around America for a few more days, I guess a bit of recovery or light training tomorrow as they acclimatise back to our clock and then back at it Tuesday.

Regardless of transfers, we didn't look fit yesterday. I fully understand the needs to go on pre season tours and I would assume they can be beneficial for staff and squad to bond and build relationships which will hopefully show on the pitch. They're not going to be training all the time and completely understand marketing the club, doing some sights, etc but it's not a good look when you then put a performance like that one in.

Big couple of weeks now to get the team ready for the new season. I feel we can't afford to start slow and be playing catch up.

Performances like that will be a common theme this season if we don't get some attacking players. We can improve our defense till the cows come home, won't mean a damn thing if the attack doesn't have a clue.

acceptable (and doable now, not 2023, like many) targets left on the board for every position

GK 

Gabriel Slonina (just finish the deal, this is crazy how long it is taking)

CB (assuming we miss on Kounde, who is a RCB)  

Milan Skriniar
Presnel Kimpembe  lefty (highly doubtful he will come)
Evan Ndicka  lefty

Merih Demiral   
Gonçalo Inácio   lefty
Abdou Diallo lefty (can play LB too)
Adam Webster
David Carmo lefty
Attila Szalai   lefty

LB

Maxwel Cornet (can play winger too)
Borna Sosa  
David Raum    
Robin Gosens     
Filip Kostic    

RB

Benjamin Pavard    
Matty Cash
Denzel Dumfries

Ridle Baku
'

DMF (pretty much wait for Rice, but there are two bargain buys for now, see below in bold)

Rúben Neves   
Wilfred Ndidi 
Sandro Tonali  
Marcelo Brozovic   
Ismaël Bennacer  
Teun Koopmeiners   
Guido Rodríguez   

Danilo  
Julian Weigl   

CMF

Nicolò Barella (can play Kante role DMF as well)
Frenkie de Jong
Carlos Soler
Youri Tielemans 
Mikel Merino   
Matheus Nunes  
Jacob Ramsey   
Houssem Aouar    

youth
Luka Sucic
Enzo Fernández
Carlos Alcaraz

AMF

Bernardo Silva
Sergej Milinković-Savić

Dominik Szoboszlai  
Charles De Ketelaere

WINGER 

Jarrod Bowen
Mikel Oyarzabal
Rafael Leão 
Moussa Diaby   
Pedro Neto

CF

Victor Osimhen
Arnaut Danjuma (winger too)

Edited by Vesper

10 minutes ago, Kong said:

Performances like that will be a common theme this season if we don't get some attacking players. We can improve our defense till the cows come home, won't mean a damn thing if the attack doesn't have a clue.

This! Watched us in florida training whilst we're on holiday. Tuchel gets very animated with our attackers as we never seem to release the ball early or make the simple pass. We so desperately need a finisher tho. Watched haaland take his 1st for city the other day. His movement is key. We have no one that does that so all the wingers, wing backs and silky attacking mids in the world will do nothing for us 

1 hour ago, Bren said:

Would have loved Raphinha here!

Not sure on Kounde. It's been done to death (forgive me I'm new 😁) but I feel we'd too often see this type of performance if he came here 👇. Love to be proven wrong though of course (would not be the first time)!

yes

Raphinha and Dembele were the two huge winger misses, Barca fucked us (as did the players themselves) on both

plus these other misses that gutted me (Barca again on some)

Aurélien Tchouameni (the worst of all for me, as we could have had him last season for £40-45m or so in summer 2021 and not have needed to dump out £100-120m for Rice next year)
Marquinhos (pretty much a pipe dream anyway, but we did try)
Milan Skriniar  (likely miss)
Matthijs de Ligt 
Gavi  (was always very unlikely, but damn, what a player, he would have been a game changer for ages)
Gabriel Jesus (he is already making us pay)  
Robert Lewandowski  (was always a long shot, but would have instantly sorted us at CF for the next 3 or so seasons)
Yves Bissouma (I dread him at Spuds under Conte, he is that rare swing player, DMF and CMF with creativity, a poor man's Barella and Bellingham)
Nico Schlotterbeck (so fucking stupid, we would be sorted at LCB now and he went to Dortmund for only £18m!)
Hugo Ekitiké    (criminal we did not make a move after all but Osimhen (and arguably Danjuma) fell off the main CF board)

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

We desperately needed that kind of pace and extreme aggression on that right side to stretch teams and also score goals.

Bowen is all that is truly left to fill that type of player

he has pace to burn and is hyper aggressive, plus is EPL proven