Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Szalai may be an option to re-look at who shouldn't cost a fortune (think when we were originally linked with him he was being talked about in the £15-20m bracket).

I don't think a left footed CB is as desperate as it seems. We were after all looking at buying Kounde for the right hand side which would have left Koulibaly for the left anyway. Not quite sure that makes too much difference and opens up many more options though.

well for fullbacks

these are the main option on my board left

and some will soon be off the board

LB

Maxwel Cornet (can play winger too, thus would perhaps allow us, IF we simply cannot pull Bowen, to perhaps stop worrying a bit that other winger, seems a no brainer to me, and he is EPL-proven)
Borna Sosa  
David Raum    
Robin Gosens     
Filip Kostic    

RB

Benjamin Pavard    (can play CB in a pinch)
Matty Cash (hard pull)
Denzel Dumfries (Inter need cash badly)

Ridle Baku (can also play winger, like Cornet)

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

well for fullbacks

LB

Maxwel Cornet (can play winger too, thus would perhaps allow us, IF we simply cannot pull Bowen, to perhaps stop worrying a bit that other winger, seems a no brainer to me, and he is EPL-proven)
Borna Sosa  
David Raum    
Robin Gosens     
Filip Kostic    

RB

Matty Cash (hard pull)

Wow I didn't realise how bang average the right hand side options are. Looking at those, I think not taking a punt on Clauss was a bit of a mistake given the price he was available at.

Adama Traore might be another option perhaps? He's not really my cup of tea with such an inconsistent end product but he is someone we've been linked with in the past in such a role and I think Wolves wouldn't be looking for stupid money to sell him.

Ultimately though it's a pretty poor pool of players.

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

well for fullbacks

LB

Borna Sosa  
David Raum    
Robin Gosens     
Filip Kostic    

RB

Matty Cash (hard pull)

I'd take a look at Mæhle tbh. He is a decent option that could play on either side & reasonably priced. 

We have to start doing astute business going forward instead of buying unknowns or going big for subpar players.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

our official first team roster at the moment 

eeeeeeeeeeeek

the 100% for sure stays

Edouard Mendy 
Trevoh Chalobah  (shaky AF for months, I am rapidly losing confidence, a huge key to watch)
Thiago Silva
Ben Chilwell
Reece James
Mateo Kovacic   
Mason Mount  
Kai Havertz 
Raheem Sterling
Kalidou Koulibaly
Conor Gallagher   
Levi Colwill (super pressure on the lad atm)

Armando Broja    (I assume he stays, and there is insane pressure on the lad more than likely)

the rest

it's an overall shitshow

(many who were supposed to be sold, and donkey dregs Bakayoko is still in flux, out on loan, which may end prematurely, which fucks us even more so)

utter dregs in bold

and we are weak at DMF as it stands with Jorginho and the oft injured Kante 

Kepa Arrizabalaga   (needs to go due to huge salary plus he cannot be happy playing backup, he is starting quality for many, many teams)
Marcus Bettinelli  (has looked so poor when he plays)
Ethan Ampadu  (not at ALL sold on him, but we may need him, eeeeek)
Malang Sarr  get the hell off my team!!!! NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Matt Miazga  (a joke he is still here)
Emerson  (what a flop)

Marcos Alonso  (needs to go, likely stays as it stands, arrrf)
Abdul-Rahman Baba why the fuck is he still here?????
César Azpilicueta    (needs to go, likely stays as it stands, arrrf)
Jorginho  (he is so shit defensively)
N'Golo Kanté
 (father time is rapidly catching up, as I warned for last 2 years or so) 
Ruben Loftus-Cheek  (needs to go, he does next to nothing, a bust when all is measured)
Billy Gilmour  (likely loaned out, I am not sold on him atm)
Ross Barkley   (drunkard)
Kenedy   dogshit player
Hakim Ziyech     (needs to go, I was against this buy, and have been proven correct)
Christian Pulisic   do or die season
Callum Hudson-Odoi    (needs to go, we were crazy to turn down, in hindsight, £40m from Bayern)
Timo Werner    (what a trainwreck of a flop)
Michy Batshuayi  doghshit deluxe, massive bust, horrid buy

Miazga is still here? Imagine if Djilobodji were still here too. 

A back line of Miazga, Saar and Djilobodji

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Evan Ndicka, who would be in the £40m to 45m range or so (maybe £35m if we, LOLOL, play hardball)

They reportedly are looking for 20m euros as he has only 1 year left on his contract. Milan are currently heavily linked.

https://streamja.com/dJeEv

Seems like a no brainer for that price

13 minutes ago, JDY said:

They reportedly are looking for 20m euros as he has only 1 year left on his contract. Milan are currently heavily linked.

https://streamja.com/dJeEv

Seems like a no brainer for that price

oh wow, I thought he renewed after they won the Europa League

well then HELL YES

he is more than decent, have followed him for years

great height (1.92m) pace and technical skills

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

well then HELL YES

only downside is that opposing fans will have a bloody field day with his real full name

Obite Evan Ndicka

O bite  N dicka

lolol

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea are ready to fork out €50 million to land Pau Torres after they faced a setback in pursuit of Jules Kounde.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/25/Chelsea-ready-to-shell-out-e50-million-for-pau-torres/

According to Calcio Mercato Web, Premier League giants Chelsea have earmarked Villarreal star Pau Torres as an alternative for Sevilla ace Jules Kounde this summer. The Blues are in the market for a centre-back following the summer exits of Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger.This left Thomas Tuchel with the largely unproven Trevoh Chalobah and Malang Sarr as Thiago Silva’s partners. The Brazilian himself is 37 and entering the final phase of his career.

but.....................................................

BARCELONA SUBMIT PAU TORRES ENQUIRY

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/07/24/barcelona-submit-pau-torres-enquiry/

lever number three inbound, roflmaooooooooooooooooo

🤣

ea91780331621dcbd9ab94038a76f66d.png

They've already done three another 15% of TV rights.

Soooo Lever 1, 10% TV rights, lever 2 Spotify , lever 3 15% of TV rights

Soooo now they go for lever 4

Makes me laugh what of all these hundred of millions has gone on paying off some of their 1 Billion debt

Edited by bigbluewillie

Sometimes our scouts needs to look out for a little not too popular player with top quality. Look deep at the French league there are quality guys there whom are even really cheap. 

Edited by maxlev

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

well then HELL YES

Why aren't we even linked with him? He has 1 year left, he plays for Frankfurt - should be easy enough to sign him as long as no bigger clubs want him too. Is the club even aware of his existence? I hope he is the next in line after Kounde joins Farca.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Why aren't we even linked with him? He has 1 year left, he plays for Frankfurt - should be easy enough to sign him as long as no bigger clubs want him too. Is the club even aware of his existence? I hope he is the next in line after Kounde joins Farca.

Seems our scouts don't dig deep for quality players in the smaller teams at times which is wrong. They just look for players who do well for top clubs in various leagues. 

21 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Meanwhile Raphinha is scoring worldies.

yes, no one in our team can score like this.

And apart from the goal, just by watching this short clips, raphinha show exactly why he would be dream signing for club like us.

The difference between him and our attacker just shocking and embarassing

Edited by dimmas

1 minute ago, maxlev said:

Seems our scouts don't dig deep for quality players in the smaller teams at times which is wrong. They just look for players who do well for top clubs in various leagues. 

Been thinking it some time now that something's not right in our scouting team. When's the last time we signed someone who we instantly knew how to use and who turned out great? More so from the not-so-well-known players pool that the likes of Dortmund and even Leicester use regularly to great effect?

RB Leipzig signed Gvardiol only last year for 19m euros from Dinamo Zagreb. Nkunku 3 years ago for 13m euros. There is zero chance our scouts knew anything about them.

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

Been thinking it some time now that something's not right in our scouting team. When's the last time we signed someone who we instantly knew how to use and who turned out great? More so from the not-so-well-known players pool that the likes of Dortmund and even Leicester use regularly to great effect?

RB Leipzig signed Gvardiol only last year for 19m euros from Dinamo Zagreb. Nkunku 3 years ago for 13m euros. There is zero chance our scouts knew anything about them.

Have to go back to Courtois, Kevin De Bruyne for a genuine early-mover signing. We have developed a lot of academy talent and signed up established, semi-established players (hits and misses) since then but moving for Courtois, KdB was when our scouting worked like it should.