Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Thats the thing, Boehly is new in the footballing world so he has to make those new contacts with agents, players etc. Not very ideal when the squad needs rebuilding, but you just have to deal with it the best you can.

This were the guidance of someone like a Marina or Cech would of been a helping hand but they are on their merry way. TB seems to have left him self exposed if what your saying is true. If TB is ploughing his own furrow here he is going to come up against some serious obstacles as we have already seen. But a business man like him should have some foresight and guidance from within but this whole 1-2 months should be a massive wake up to him and his right hand men on what the football transfer world is like.

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This were the guidance of someone like a Marina or Cech would of been a helping hand but they are on their merry way. TB seems to have left him self exposed if what your saying is true. If TB is ploughing his own furrow here he is going to come up against some serious obstacles as we have already seen. But a business man like him should have some foresight and guidance from within but this whole 1-2 months should be a massive wake up to him and his right hand men on what the football transfer world is like.

If Matt Law's article is anything to go by, that Marina had complete control about players coming in and out then I cant really fault him for relieving her from her position. I agree though, he could have actually used Petrs experience and knowledge. Hopefully Boehly will learn from this and see how tough it is and hire the right person for the job. For this transfer season though, we have to do with what we have now and pray it wont hurt us too much in the future

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

We wouldn’t bid for a 3rd player this window without first getting a commitment from the man himself, right? Surely we’ve learned our lesson. If we’re going to go for Skriniar we need Tuchel himself on the phone talking to him like he did with Sterling and KK.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We wouldn’t bid for a 3rd player this window without first getting a commitment from the man himself, right? Surely we’ve learned our lesson. If we’re going to go for Skriniar we need Tuchel himself on the phone talking to him like he did with Sterling and KK.

Raphinha, De Ligt, Kounde - we are onto the 4th already.

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

Raphinha, De Ligt, Kounde - we are onto the 4th already.

We never actually put money on the table for De Ligt I don’t think. But I’m sure we were just about to before Bayern quickly swooped in.

Skriniar at least doesn’t seem like he’d be a big priority for PSG so that may play into our hands if we go for him. They already have Marquinhos, Kimpembe, and Old Man Ramos. So perhaps if we’re quick and decisive we can get this done.

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

Skriniar is twice the defender Kounde is... but I'm not getting excited about any transfers until the fucker is wearing the shirt.

He’s definitely a better pure defender but I think stylistically Koundé is a better fit for our formation and how we want our CB’s to play. Koundé is a more modern CB. Quick, smaller, great at carrying the ball forward and building attacks from the back. Skriniar is a classic beast of a defender but is slow and just pretty good on the ball. 

With both Silva and KK who are excellent on the ball I don’t think it would be an issue, though.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

He is better than Kounde and more versatile. His primary position is rwb tho

it does not really matter what they will pay. He is French, psg is his dream club and they are offering crazy wages. We are offering Werner. Tough decision 

So where is Mukiele fitting in at PSG? Backup to Hakimi?

Can never know how true some reports are, but I can remember reading somewhere that it was reported Hakimi regretted moving to PSG and would leave if the opportunity arose.

Beyond unlikely, but when these centre backs are being touted for upwards of 50-60m, if there was any shred of possibility that he was unsettled we should be throwing that money at him instead and shift James into the back 3.

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

So where is Mukiele fitting in at PSG? Backup to Hakimi?

Can never know how true some reports are, but I can remember reading somewhere that it was reported Hakimi regretted moving to PSG and would leave if the opportunity arose.

Beyond unlikely, but when these centre backs are being touted for upwards of 50-60m, if there was any shred of possibility that he was unsettled we should be throwing that money at him instead and shift James into the back 3.

RWB or RCB given Galtier so far is using the back three.

3 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Ready to explore more options if green light doesn't come soon? Fuck me, don't they realize the move is already dead? 

Should have started exploring a plan B two days ago already.