Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

43 minutes ago, lucio said:

Kai and werner were top signings at the time , they’d look 10x better if they joined Bayern or Liverpool. All the players you listed would be way worse playing for us too , just wait for sterling to be nowhere near his city form 

Liverpool and Bayern don't buy lazy players

11 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

How come there is no accountability regarding Tuchel, are we going to say Sterling is past it also when he doesn’t live up to the hype under Tuchel?

There isn't? A lot of people here have questioned Tuchel's decisions so far - game time for Kennedy, Ross, Bats, Sarr ahead of Colwill, Gilmour, Vale. Tactically, I don't know what we are trying to achieve other than the 3-4-3 - side to side and cross we saw all season last time.

Too early for accountability on Sterling. It is still pre-season

Edited by Strike

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

We have Colwill/Chalobah/KK/Silva/James/Chilly

Sort the fucking Attack out.

Who's available? Club have decided no more punts on the Pulisic-Werner range. They targeted a safe bet like Raphinha and a player who's already reached a top level- like Sterling signing. With Gnabry renewing, there's not a lot of options now

17 minutes ago, manpe said:

Lol, I thought the bid was accepted a long time ago as per the same twit journos. It's pointless following them, they got no clue.

You know there is problems when even Romano and co are rehashing stories but not even giving an update.

They are clueless because it's all in house.

6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Got laughed at by some when I said last season we should be looking at Jesus, he's fucking quality and work like a dog on and off the ball, the lad is a quality finisher too. But let's stick with Havertz eh, another fucking waste of space.

he was deffo on list of acceptable CF's

I did several pretty large posts about his scoring stats

my list back 6 months ago or so of 10 CF's actually good enough to buy and who were (even if only technically) still available

so no Dusan Vlahovic and no Arnaut Danjuma who I was not considering a CF (now have changed my mind a bit on him there)

multiple ones were pipe dreams but this was strictly from a talent level

all are now off the table except for Osimhen and Danjuma (and he was not on that list)

Kylian Mbappe (IF you count him as a CF)
Erling Haaland  
Harry Kane    
Victor Osimhen    (this is who I would buy)
Robert Lewandowski    
Lautaro Martínez   
Darwin Núñez   
Gabriel Jesus 

youth Karim Adeyemi and Hugo Ekitike

Not sold at all yet on Amine Gouiri, too risky for what he would cost

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

he was deffo on list of acceptable CF's

I did several pretty large posts about his scoring stats

my list back 6 months ago or so of 10 CF's actually good enough to buy and who were (even if only technically) still available

so no Dusan Vlahovic and no Arnaut Danjuma who I was not considering a CF (now have changed my mind a bit on him there)

multiple ones were pipe dreams but this was strictly from a talent level

He's at Arsenal smiling now, our team have no smilers, looks like nobody wants to be here

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He's at Arsenal smiling now, our team have no smilers, looks like nobody wants to be here

yes, and I edited my post to add that all 10 are now off the table except for Osimhen (and also the non listed Danjuma)

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

Who's available? Club have decided no more punts on the Pulisic-Werner range. They targeted a safe bet like Raphinha and a player who's already reached a top level- like Sterling signing. With Gnabry renewing, there's not a lot of options now

If that's the case and TT says we had these problems on attack last year then why wasn't there a list of players we should have gone straight in for as soon as the window opened. He knew the players we have are dead. Sterling yes... but not one striker,?? Bizarre 

41 minutes ago, DDA said:

We have Colwill/Chalobah/KK/Silva/James/Chilly

Sort the fucking Attack out.

the only 2 CB's we now have who I have true faith in are Silva and KK

pressure will be insane on Colwill to come good as it stands

Trevoh has been pretty damn poor for months, I am losing confidence

plus we have fuckall for backup fullbacks other than one more season of trot outs for the rapidly ageing-out Azpi and Alonso (and both were supposed to be sold)

if Colwill is not up to it and we add no more CB's and no more fullbacks, I truly fear for this coming season

it will be shambolic if we start the season with Sarr not only on the 25 man roster but also if he sees minutes

he is HORRIFIC, so poor he would struggle to make a team like Brentford or Everton

same for Bats

Edited by Vesper

How is it possible that Tuchel did not notice that all game last night Arsenal moved the ball in to the final third with anyone that was matched up against Emerson? They exploited that area of the field all night and yet Tuchel praises him?

One of the most frustrating aspects is just how far our scouting/recruitment has dropped off in recent years. 

It's not a million years ago in a relatively short span of 2 or 3 years we signed the likes of Azpi, Cahill, Courtois, De Bruyne, Salah, Oscar, even Hazard to a degree from what would be perceived as 'lesser' teams.

We've moved away from this in recent times and seem to prefer to see if a player can move to a mid tier side and impress first. The only one I can really think of recently falling into such a category would be Mendy and that feels it was more of a case of finding a cost effective alternative to Kepa. There's been talk that we've scouted Raphinha since Rennes and Kounde since Bordeaux - if this is the case why aren't we pulling the trigger on some of these players for a fraction of the price that they're being quoted once they've made a move.

8 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

One of the most frustrating aspects is just how far our scouting/recruitment has dropped off in recent years. 

It's not a million years ago in a relatively short span of 2 or 3 years we signed the likes of Azpi, Cahill, Courtois, De Bruyne, Salah, Oscar, even Hazard to a degree from what would be perceived as 'lesser' teams.

We've moved away from this in recent times and seem to prefer to see if a player can move to a mid tier side and impress first. The only one I can really think of recently falling into such a category would be Mendy and that feels it was more of a case of finding a cost effective alternative to Kepa. There's been talk that we've scouted Raphinha since Rennes and Kounde since Bordeaux - if this is the case why aren't we pulling the trigger on some of these players for a fraction of the price that they're being quoted once they've made a move.

Exactly this! Osimhen before Lille couldn’t have happened as we had the ban in 2019 but could’ve fought with Napoli. Haaland too, Dortmund seemed to get him so easily in that January 2020 Window. Nkunku is also one (though people on here may not have been too enamoured with a so-called PSG reject back then).