Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Raphinha savors the taste of victory because he knows that he'll be a Barcelona player in a matter of hours. [sport] #fcblive

Raphinha is off to Barcelona. [@MikeKeegan_DM] #fcblive

Bar?a and Leeds have closed a deal since last week for Raphinha that will be paid in 3 installments for €50M fixed and €10M in bonuses. Bar?a hopes to activate the 2nd lever to make the deal official. Raphinha only wants Bar?a and is waiting. [@gerardromero]

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yes, fuck it

the Dembele situ is what kills me

especially ON A FREE

ffs

he would have been a terror setting up Sterling and Kai, etc etc

If we miss out on both I'd give Callum (3rd highest for open play key passes and big chances created ITL last season) a strong run on that side.

I think he would suit a front three involving Kai and Sterling well and him and Reece have unbelievable chemistry.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

If we miss out on both I'd give Callum (3rd highest for open play key passes and big chances created ITL last season) a strong run on that side.

I think he would suit a front three involving Kai and Sterling well and him and Reece have unbelievable chemistry.

Maybe its the hope that kills you but I actually have this gut feeling that CHO might make a step up next season. What that step up might be, I'm not yet quite sure but I think if he stays fit I see him becoming more entrusted by Tuchel and jump above Pulisic and Werner in the pecking order.

The achilles injury he suffered definitely had a lasting impact on him. His confidence, his explosiveness to take players on. It sounds promising that he's come back to pre season fit and in a shape that it seems he hasn't been before. 

I think despite the two possibly in competition for some game time I also feel he'll benefit from Sterling coming in. Everything that I've read about Sterling suggests he's a huge influence as an experienced player within the England set up, and I think that should rub well with the young England boys we have in our squad.

Dear lord, I guess some people had already forgotten what kind of havoc Willian's and Luiz's way of being caused to this club, while Dembele is twice more intense on this, unless he had somehow gotten himself together last year, which I doubt. 

Now with Azpi, Alonso and Rudiger leaving the squad is in transition to give leadership to younger players and we lack more experienced leaders, bar maybe Silva (whose rather freshman in Chels, although heart & soul blue), so club should be super careful about what kind of character they employ. And then Lukaku causing another dumpster fire and then Dembele and Neymar rumors, c'mon 

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Maybe its the hope that kills you but I actually have this gut feeling that CHO might make a step up next season. What that step up might be, I'm not yet quite sure but I think if he stays fit I see him becoming more entrusted by Tuchel and jump above Pulisic and Werner in the pecking order.

The achilles injury he suffered definitely had a lasting impact on him. His confidence, his explosiveness to take players on. It sounds promising that he's come back to pre season fit and in a shape that it seems he hasn't been before. 

I think despite the two possibly in competition for some game time I also feel he'll benefit from Sterling coming in. Everything that I've read about Sterling suggests he's a huge influence as an experienced player within the England set up, and I think that should rub well with the young England boys we have in our squad.

For me he's much better than Pulisic in everything but finishing but that one's for another day.

I feel he gets an overally harsh press in our fanbase. I got it to a point under Lampard but whenever he's had a solid 5-10 game run of starts under Tuchel he's performed (barring his finishing which will likely never be top notch but hopefully Sterling and Havertz will offset that going forward).

Our best form of last season he was starting regularly and was our best in the front three, and then was unfairly sidelined again after one so so game vs United only to then come up with crucial contributions against Villa, Spurs and the CWC final before the injury that took him out for the season.

Thing is, if we miss out on Raphinha and decide not to sell Ziyech because of that and Tuchel is considering playing a 4-2-3-1, I think Ziyech may actually be very useful, especially if he is able to do those split through balls, to the other flank with Sterling it can get a lot of goals. Just a question mark on his ability to press but I have always said Ziyech in a 4-2-3-1 is a lot better and Sterling is one of the best players around with his off the ball movement which I think can work a treat.

every possible remotely good winger left, even if we have to wait for next year (Chiesa, if he filly recovers)

some are just silly (the first 3), but I am being comprehensive

some are super stretches

bold, as usual, are who I would really dive into

Jadon Sancho  
Neymar 
Bukayo Saka   
Christopher Nkunku    (2023. due to release clause)
Rafael Leão 
Federico Chiesa  (next summer, due to injury)
Serge Gnabry (by far the best option left, IMHO, that is doable NOW) 
Florian Wirtz   (next summer, due to injury)
Moussa Diaby   

Arnaut Danjuma
Mikel Oyarzabal  
Jarrod Bowen  
Carlos Soler
Paulo Dybala 
Giacomo Raspadori    
Yéremy Pino   
Antony 
Domenico Berardi  
Nicolò Zaniolo   
Pedro Neto   
Allan Saint-Maximin   
Cody Gakpo 
Hirving Lozano  
Dominik Szoboszlai  
Charles De Ketelaere
Ismaïla Sarr  
Kamaldeen Sulemana (stealth next Mane?)
Rayan Cherki   
Noni Madueke

Endrick (summer 2024, when he turns 18, and yes we are now talking about players who were born less than a year before the iPhone was launched on June 29, 2007, lolol)

Just now, Tomo said:

For me he's much better than Pulisic in everything but finishing but that one's for another day.

I feel he gets an overally harsh press in our fanbase. I got it to a point under Lampard but whenever he's had a solid 5-10 game run of starts under Tuchel he's performed (barring his finishing which will likely never be top notch but hopefully Sterling and Havertz will offset that going forward).

Our best form of last season he was starting regularly and was our best in the front three, and then was unfairly sidelined again after one so so game vs United only to then come up with crucial contributions against Villa, Spurs and the CWC final before the injury that took him out for the season.

Dear Boehly

Can you move on and forget about getting Raphinha.....

Gnabry even Neymar provided rumours of you wanting a big marquee signing is true are available...move on from this transfer paparazzi...Raphinha is no Haaland or Mbappe nor prime Neymar... 

The most overpriced XI in football history

(we have ties, even if tenuous, to 4 of them now, with the Dembele attempt and the Mbappe blow off as a teen, plus de Bruyne (we didnt pay it, Citeh did, and money damn well spent) plus, of course, KEPA)

https://www.givemesport.com/88032292-pogba-neymar-grealish-the-most-overpriced-xi-in-football-history

Thanks to the number crunchers over at Transfermarkt, we’ve been able to identify the most ‘overpriced’ players in the game (based on the transfer fee that was paid for them, less their market value at the time).

We’ve then sorted them by position to assemble the most overpriced XI in football history. Inclusion is based purely on the data, meaning that performance isn’t taken into account.

Most overpriced XI in football history

Edited by Vesper

The dangerous thing about some of these winger targets like Gnabry and Neymar is that their wages would be astronomical. Even Sterling getting over 300k a week puts us in a tough spot when we sit down for talks with Reece and Mount. If they then see Gnabry or Neymar or CR7 coming in and earning even more than Sterling we’d get into worrying territory. Why wouldn’t they then ask for 300k a week?

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The dangerous thing about some of these winger targets like Gnabry and Neymar is that their wages would be astronomical. Even Sterling getting over 300k a week puts us in a tough spot when we sit down for talks with Reece and Mount. If they then see Gnabry or Neymar or CR7 coming in and earning even more than Sterling we’d get into worrying territory. Why wouldn’t they then ask for 300k a week?

Gnabry would be looking for a weekly wage of around £250K PW

his wage is low now

£130K PW or so, gross

he just wants around double

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It's something we're going to have to deal with, unfortunately. We just have to be very careful about not causing a disparity between those that came from the academy (CHO being the exception) & top-quality signings. 

I'm already against the idea of making Sterling the highest-paid player, with Werner not far behind. Neither warrant such wages if we're going off ability, but that's another story.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

It's something we're going to have to deal with, unfortunately. We just have to be very careful about not causing a disparity between those that came from the academy (CHO being the exception) & top-quality signings. 

I'm already against the idea of making Sterling the highest-paid player, with Werner not far behind. Neither warrant such wages if we're going off ability, but that's another story.

see my post above

Gnabry earns a pittance now compared to Neymwar and CR7

£130K PW

he is on 8 million euros per year

Edited by Vesper