Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Gnabry would be looking for a weekly wage of around £250K PW

his wage is low now

£130K PW or so, gross

he just wants around double

I thought I read that he wants some monster wage from Bayern in order to stay there?

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

see my post above

Gnabry earns a pittance now compared to Neymwar and CR7

£130K PW

he is on 8 million euros per year

I've seen a number of different rumours stating anywhere between €15-20m per year. If it's near the latter, he'd be among our top earners.

It is hard to go off of something that is far from concrete, though.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I thought I read that he wants some monster wage from Bayern in order to stay there?

he was talking around £280-290K PW back in the winter, but Bayern told him to go get fucked

I think he would sign for £250K PW + some performance add-ons

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I've seen a number of different rumours stating anywhere between €15-20m per year. If it's near the latter, he'd be among our top earners.

It is hard to go off of something that is far from concrete, though.

yes, it was around 18m euros per year gross (£285 or so PW)

We’re going to have to get creative now then. Because I doubt our club expected that Barca would be able to stump up the cash when we initially bid for Raphinha. They probably figured that after we outbid Arse we had him in the bag. 

So what do we now that someone we wanted bad enough that we were willing to pay £60m for him is off the table? Being German, it would be lovely if Tuchel could have a chat with Gnabry or even Sané.

Taking it in isolation away from our club potentially being interested in either player, I actually find it madness from Barcelona's end to sign both.

The debt position is real and so is their wage bill. They continue to kick the can down the road to bring players in.

Having managed to re-sign Dembele on a large wage cut, the sensible thing if they were looking to buy players would be to strengthen a terrible defence and a midfield completely dependent on two very talented but very young players. They've got no spine in their team to build around which is why they currently are where they are, which is nowhere near Madrid and in no state to compete at any reasonable level in the Champions League.

Kessie and Christensen are good free transfer signings to beef up their squad. But if they're pinning hopes on those two becoming first choice players in their positions so they can throw another 120m on their attack in Raphinha and Lewa, I think they'll continue to struggle being so top heavy. 

They're a club amongst everyone that I'd actually enjoy to see run into greater problems than they currently have. They had an incredible crop of talent through their academy, pocketed 200m from Neymar and have mismanaged the club beyond believable levels in the last 5-10 years. And it just feels like their arrogance won't get them out of that position any time soon.