Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

you cant teach that sort of speed

and he is vastly better on the ball now

he just need regular playing time

Lampard made all our CB's look like shit

I think he will end up being a stellar CB in Serie A

he already was a huge reason in Milan winning the Scudetto and made some first team all league sides

a bit gutted we never got to see him under Tuchel for a full season, but NOTHING like when we sold de Bruyne with no buyback🤬

I will take that to my grave

but oh well, best of luck to Tomori, not bitter at all, I wish him well

Only hope he does Pogba or a Lukaku and returns.

To play good, of course.

The idea behind us being linked with Kimpembe (besides the obvious Tuchel connection) was that he’s left footed and suited to our back 3. But if Aké is arriving then there’s no point in that.

34 minutes ago, DDA said:

The question is, who now... who do we go for now.

Surely we must dip into the market for a striker ..

Go all in on Kai at false 9. Let's learn from our error of last summer. By all means get a decent striker who we can use to mix things up a bit when required but it's no coincidence the last three Champions have used the f9 system.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Surely we must dip into the market for a striker ..

Ronaldo.. Lewa.. Isak.. 

Even Felix..I feel Felix would be ideal for us with Sterling and Odoi/Puli on the wings. 

We aren't going to go big for a CF after last season, so we either stick with what we have with the addition of Broja (maybe even Michy) or make a late move (still mixed about the prospect) for Ronaldo.

I still can't get over the fact that we actually signed Lukaku and there were a few around here that believed it would work out. 🙄

This might be an outlandish thought, but going after someone like Muriel as a stopgap could be a shrewd piece of business. 

Edited by LAM09

57 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Go all in on Kai at false 9. Let's learn from our error of last summer. By all means get a decent striker who we can use to mix things up a bit when required but it's no coincidence the last three Champions have used the f9 system.

Agreed. I'd rather we just focus all efforts on fixing the defense., with quality.

Unless Boehly & Tuchel are interested in a title charge., back 4 is all that needs fixing for a top 4 finish.

Without it, I'm heavily skeptical. Just think, we had Rudiger fit for almost all our games last season and he was the sole reason our defense held together, despite Silvas quality.

Silva is year older now, and is not going to playe every game. Add an ageing (and possibly gone) Azpilicueta, we are in deep shit if our plan is to rely on a player like Ake. 

Only hope in that case is if Colwill somehow steps it up big time, like Chalobah did last year. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

100% on board with playing Havertz in the false 9 as a constant but I just hope we don't get to Christmas and it hasn't worked out and our need for a striker is staring us dead in the eyes once again. 

Edited by DDA

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

We aren't going to go big for a CF after last season, so we either stick with what we have with the addition of Broja (maybe even Michy) or make a late move (still mixed about the prospect) for Ronaldo.

I still can't get over the fact that we actually signed Lukaku and there were a few around here that believed it would work out. 🙄

This might be an outlandish thought, but going after someone like Muriel as a stopgap could be a shrewd piece of business. 

I was definitely one of those who was against the return of Lukaku but when it looked certain for him to come here, I convinced myself it could work knowing full well we were signing a donkey. It's all history now though... we need to move on. 

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

If we miss out on both I'd give Callum (3rd highest for open play key passes and big chances created ITL last season) a strong run on that side.

I think he would suit a front three involving Kai and Sterling well and him and Reece have unbelievable chemistry.

Good thing too that Callum has begun training way earlier than the rest and seems to have bulked up after sorting out his nerve/muscle issue which weirdly kept him out for months. 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

So the money is there...hopefully we can use it! Again this is why there was concerns early on in the window. Cause time has passed a bit now and we haven't got much further. Just talks and ohh they've gone somewhere else.

There's no surprise they are going to Barca/Bayern though. Just need to react and sign only top players if they're available. Or else go into the season with Sterling, Ake and loan returnees and revisit in January after the World Cup or next summer when this board will have had time to settle.

TRUE Hasan Salihamidzic, Head of Sport 
@FCBayern
, is now on the way to Italy for the negotations about the Transfer of Matthijs de Ligt with Federico Cherubini 
@juventusfc
 Before the talks de Ligt let Juve know: Please find an agreement, I want to go Bayern

its a bit complicated when players want to go to bigger teams than ours 

what can we do now?

MDL just like raphinha is overhyped... just read juventus forum and most of people that watch him everyweeks says that he is overrated and they aren't much mad that he can leave the club