Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If Michail Antonio was 5, 6, years younger, he would be a great option for us

I think he would be a terror in the Tuchel system

his running, passing, pressing, and hold up play are superb, and he is better scorer in the EPL than a Werner type 

if not the pure starter, than a beast off the bench and a good change up

bit alas he turns 33 next season

West Ham are a massive pain in the ass to deal with so it’s probably impossible to sign any of their better players whilst they’re on long contracts. Both Rice and Bowen are surely off out of the question, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

If Michail Antonio was 5, 6, years younger, he would be a great option for us

I think he would be a terror in the Tuchel system

his running, passing, pressing, and hold up play are superb, and he is better scorer in the EPL than a Werner type 

if not the pure starter, than a beast off the bench and a good change up

bit alas he turns 33 next season

I would recommend Chelsea fc gets Osimen from Napoli. He is strong, fast, skillful, rugged, potent in front of goal, high workrate, consistent and very good in the air. We shouldn't wait until he scores 30gls and 25assists before we go for him. 

18 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

We need big summer. Big LEAVING
Sell: Alonso, Kepa, Werner, Pulisic, Jorginho, Azpi?, Ziyech?, Lukaku?(not included free living)
Buy: 2CB(Kounde+somone like Gvardiol/K2), Perisić, Raphinha, Tchouameni, Lewandowski if Lukaku leave. Back-up for James and Mendy

Why sell Jorginho? 

3 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Feels nice that we're going into this window not looking for a manager.

It's very refreshing too that it's a manager that has already been here for 18 months and it appears the power may well be shifting somewhat. The new board seem to be high on Tuchel according to reports and I think Marina, Cech, etc also like him a lot, and I think he'll be given a lot more power and influence than other managers have had at the club to be able to reshape and rebuild the squad.

Unless we fell apart and dropped out the Champions League positions, I honestly think Tuchel will be given at least the next couple of seasons to try and build a squad capable of challenging the two above us.

For me the only reason i would let Jorgi go is if he is used as a swap + cash or swap +Emerson deal for De Ligt.. I'm a bit wary of selling him outright right now as we have a lot of players/positions we need to cover this summer.

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

and people wonder why I have wanted Theo for years now

this is one of the greatest fullback goals of the last 25 years, top 5 for sure

Maradonaesque

and in a huge pressure game

Edited by Vesper

47 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

For me the only reason i would let Jorgi go is if he is used as a swap + cash or swap +Emerson deal for De Ligt.. I'm a bit weary of selling him outright right now as we have a lot of players/positions we need to cover this summer.

Agree. When he's out, the team is way more chaotic in midfield. Despite his lack of pace, he was instrumental in playing out of the back on Saturday vs Liverpool. Would keep him around even if we sign a mid.

6 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

For me the only reason i would let Jorgi go is if he is used as a swap + cash or swap +Emerson deal for De Ligt.. I'm a bit wary of selling him outright right now as we have a lot of players/positions we need to cover this summer.

Definitely a topic worth a debate, but I'd be inclined to consider Kante more disposable than Jorginho this summer.

We are in a bit of a difficult spot because besides Thiago Silva and Kovacic, most of the other players either leaving, being linked with a move away and/or potentially dispensable are all experienced players. The club would be gambling that the likes of Mount, James, Havertz, etc are in a position to take up that mantle or a couple of the players we look to buy can replace that experience going out of the door.

Whatever people say or think about Jorginho he is a leader. He's both vocal and leads by example on the field, not hesitant to accept and assume responsibility on the ball. Ironically his biggest weakness (his athleticism) is also probably the reason why he's less likely to show a quick decline. I worry much more about Kante declining because he's not as good technically.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Definitely a topic worth a debate, but I'd be inclined to consider Kante more disposable than Jorginho this summer.

We are in a bit of a difficult spot because besides Thiago Silva and Kovacic, most of the other players either leaving, being linked with a move away and/or potentially dispensable are all experienced players. The club would be gambling that the likes of Mount, James, Havertz, etc are in a position to take up that mantle or a couple of the players we look to buy can replace that experience going out of the door.

Whatever people say or think about Jorginho he is a leader. He's both vocal and leads by example on the field, not hesitant to accept and assume responsibility on the ball. Ironically his biggest weakness (his athleticism) is also probably the reason why he's less likely to show a quick decline. I worry much more about Kante declining because he's not as good technically.

Preferably I would like to keep all 3 this summer as we have so many positions to cover. But I wouldnt mind losing Jorgi if and only if we get De Ligt in return, a player for a player swap deal. To out-and-out sell one of the trio, not this summer for me. Like you said the experience of these players is important for our young team.

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

and people wonder why I have wanted Theo for years now

this is one of the greatest fullback goals of the last 25 years, top 5 for sure

Maradonaesque

and in a huge pressure game

ghost of this goal

8 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Preferably I would like to keep all 3 this summer as we have so many positions to cover. But I wouldnt mind losing Jorgi if and only if we get De Ligt in return, a player for a player swap deal. To out-and-out sell one of the trio, not this summer for me. Like you said the experience of these players is important for our young team.

But then we're also in the position potentially next summer where Jorginho and Kante both leave at the end of their contracts and we have to replace both at the same time, similar to the issue we have now of rebuilding the defence due to multiple departures.

I personally think a holding midfielder is an important addition this summer. It opens up more options and potential with regards to Tuchel being able to use a back 4 formation if he chooses to.