Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

#Chelsea have looked at Presnel Kimpembe, Josko Gvardiol, Jose Giminez, Declan Rice, Aurelien Tchouameni and Marc Cucurella ahead of the summer transfer window.

They looking also Dembele and Romagnoli (free agent) 

Edited by milka

14 minutes ago, milka said:

#Chelsea have looked at Presnel Kimpembe, Josko Gvardiol, Jose Giminez, Declan Rice, Aurelien Tchouameni and Marc Cucurella ahead of the summer transfer window.

They looking also Dembele and Romagnoli (free agent) 

Nizaar Kinsella's educated guesswork

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I know @Vesper is really down on Koundé, but I think it’ll be a good buy. I also wavered a bit on him but seeing what Tuchel has done to all of our CB’s I trust that he’ll turn Koundé into a beast as well.

Hope he isn’t our only CB signing. Gvardiol has the look of a future world class player so I hope there’s truth there and we get him, too.

Koundé, Gvardiol, and Borna Sosa as our 3 defensive signings and we’ll have done EXTREMELY well. Three players who are excellent on the ball, super athletic and quick, and will allow us to play more exciting football.

Tuchel is doing wonders with CB  because Tuchel is playing with a back 5 and 2 defensive midfielders in front of them. It really is that simple, on other hand our attack would benefit with more attacking players on the pitch.

We are not competing against Pool and City over a 38 games season if we don’t change that.

7 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Tuchel is doing wonders with CB  because Tuchel is playing with a back 5 and 2 defensive midfielders in front of them. It really is that simple, on other hand our attack would benefit with more attacking players on the pitch.

We are not competing against Pool and City over a 38 games season if we don’t change that.

No doubt the system is suited to our personnel and he deserves a lot of credit for that as I don't think many Chelsea fans saw our future post Lampard being a wing back formation.

Regarding the defensive and attacking player balance though, at our strongest our attacking players do become comparable because I'd argue Chilwell and James become as important as attacking outlets in our team very much in the same way Liverpool's attack would be viewed mainly as the front 3 and the full backs. The lack of athleticism and pace in Alonso and Azpi when Chilwell and James have been absent so much this season has no doubt been a huge blow to the balance in the team.

The biggest difference is could we sacrifice a defender for a midfielder. That depends on the centre backs in our team being able to play in a back 4 and potentially have to match up man to man at times. Until we bring new defenders in this summer, realistically we only have Thiago Silva with the experience and current ability to play in a back 4 and he's 38 in September.

I would like the potential to play 4-3-3, as I think as and when we move on from Jorginho and Kante, we have a crop of midfielders who are probably all suited in different circumstances and skill sets to play as 2 number 8's (I include the likes of Mount, Gallagher and RLC all in this bracket) and just need a true holding midfielder to sit behind them and screen the centre backs. 

Ultimately this is all going to boil down to Tuchel. He'll have somewhat of a fresh start this summer with some of the players leaving or likely to leave and I think he has the option to choose to go either way long term.

38 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

It's hardly a flat back 5, at times we're playing RLC at wingback.

Watching Matip last night has me convinced he is arguably the 2nd best CB in the league. 

Matter of fact, watching VVD, Matip, Konate, and Dias has me realise our CBs are genuinely no where near the best. The way all 4 of them cover space with their defensive awareness whilst still playing a very high line is exceptional. 

Rudiger and Christensen are going to get exposed I reckon. 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Watching Matip last night has me convinced he is arguably the 2nd best CB in the league. 

Matter of fact, watching VVD, Matip, Konate, and Dias has me realise our CBs are genuinely no where near the best. The way all 4 of them cover space with their defensive awareness whilst still playing a very high line is exceptional. 

Rudiger and Christensen are going to get exposed I reckon. 

Rudiger has been massively overrated. If he plays in a back 4 at Mardrid which I think they most probably will... he is going to get exposed.

48 minutes ago, DDA said:

Rudiger has been massively overrated. If he plays in a back 4 at Mardrid which I think they most probably will... he is going to get exposed.

Maybe against top teams in the CL. But Real Madrid dominate most of the time in La Liga so he’ll be a beast there.

Curious where he plays, though. Don’t Madrid fans really rate Militao? And then they have Alaba who they’re paying mega wages in the other Cb spot. So where does Toni start?

56 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Maybe against top teams in the CL. But Real Madrid dominate most of the time in La Liga so he’ll be a beast there.

Curious where he plays, though. Don’t Madrid fans really rate Militao? And then they have Alaba who they’re paying mega wages in the other Cb spot. So where does Toni start?

I have a sneaky suspicion they will play him at LB as he bounds forward and can always cover at CB

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Matip dealt with counter attacks so easily. By himself. 

If Rudiger or anyone of our CBs are by themselves in a counter attack we'd be clenching our arseholes. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Think they got Rudi because of their lack in options if either Militao or Alaba were to be injured. To challenge on all fronts, you need top cover like Liverpool have right now.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Don’t Madrid fans really rate Militao?

Militao is shit, so so many errors I have seen him make over the years

my fucking god, if we (just for example)

signed him and Kounde, I will lose my fucking mind

our two main CB's (after Thiago leaves, and barring a Colwell explosion) would be two players I do not rate and do not like

misery for me 😞

Edited by Vesper

I cannot believe we are going to sign a fucking dwarf and possibly for 70m euros   

we are going to get flayed alive in the air

and he is rash, and not solid at times positionally, I saw people compare him to BARESI ffs

anyone who thinks that is on serious pills