Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mbappe wants around 2 MILLION EUROS PW in salary plus a massive signing bonus (perhaps 50 to 100m euros) plus bonuses

he is on fucking crack

600m or so euros over 5 years

🤣

The wage is unrealistic but I wouldn't be surprised if alongside a huge wage he's given a signing on bonus pushing £100m. Signed up long term, he's probably the most valuable player in world football right now and will be the most marketable beyond Ronaldo and Messi, especially for Real Madrid.

I know we've been stung this summer losing players at the end of their contracts but I believe this will become a far more regular thing moving forward. There are a huge amount of big names likely to move clubs this summer on free transfers. Players will be prepared to see out contracts and pocket signing on fees that clubs will be prepared to hand out due to no transfer fee being required. 

We need to position ourselves moving forward to (1) protect our most valuable players (in our case currently it'll be the younger crop of players like Mount, James, Havertz, etc) and (2) put ourselves in the market to benefit from this ourselves with future incomings.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I mean, if he wants that PSG would probably be desperate enough to give it to him. May as well stay.

Imagine the SCENES at Real Madrid if Mbappe stays at PSG, Tchouameni signs for an EPL club

we do the biz with Rice

Real already lost Håland to Citeh

Salah is 30 years old now, so zero long term there

zero chance Kane or Lewa sign only to sit on the bench behind Benz for likely 2 plus years

roflmaoooooooooo

the big two I would be afraid they do if all that happens is Jude Bellingham 😿

and FOR SURE Reece 🤬

and move for one of these 2 CB's

Matthijs de Ligt  
Milan Skriniar 

plus likely make a play to bring back Theo😿

maybe Osimhen next summer (2023)

40 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Atletico Madrid is close to sign Boubacar Kamara, there are only small details left. 

Disappointed in this one. I think there's a lot of upside in Kamara and even more so on a free.

I'd love to see us in the mix for him, but until these sanctions are lifted our hands are tied.

Seems pretty dumb for us to even be linked with a striker until we know what’s going on with Timo and Rom. This is why the Lewa rumor makes so little sense. Our name seems to be thrown around in connection with him because people just assume that Lukaku is gone. But they don’t even suggest where he could go.

I know @Vesper is really down on Koundé, but I think it’ll be a good buy. I also wavered a bit on him but seeing what Tuchel has done to all of our CB’s I trust that he’ll turn Koundé into a beast as well.

Hope he isn’t our only CB signing. Gvardiol has the look of a future world class player so I hope there’s truth there and we get him, too.

Koundé, Gvardiol, and Borna Sosa as our 3 defensive signings and we’ll have done EXTREMELY well. Three players who are excellent on the ball, super athletic and quick, and will allow us to play more exciting football.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I know @Vesper is really down on Koundé, but I think it’ll be a good buy. I also wavered a bit on him but seeing what Tuchel has done to all of our CB’s I trust that he’ll turn Koundé into a beast as well.

Hope he isn’t our only CB signing. Gvardiol has the look of a future world class player so I hope there’s truth there and we get him, too.

Koundé, Gvardiol, and Borna Sosa as our 3 defensive signings and we’ll have done EXTREMELY well. Three players who are excellent on the ball, super athletic and quick, and will allow us to play more exciting football.

I personally think a back 3 masks Kounde's weaknesses or areas that need improving - mainly his lack of height, and at times a rashness and lack of defensive awareness in his game. I think the latter has always been in Rudiger's game too which is why he's so much more suited to a back 3 where he has someone sat in behind him covering.

The price for me is a little worrying because we could do with multiple changes to the squad this summer, spending such a large portion of our budgets on Kounde does leave me a little apprehensive over the deal. If we end up paying anywhere near the 70m euros being quoted, we arguably could have picked up two excellent centre backs for probably a similar price to this.

Given Sevilla's situation though that they need to raise money and Kounde will now be down to just 2 years left on his deal, you'd think we could maybe get that fee down a bit. Especially when it seemed last season we nearly had a deal in place for what was reportedly a lot less than now.

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He looks a liability defensively but Sevilla's defensive record this season is the best in the league. 

Yes take a look at this article: 

Sevilla have conceded fewer goals (30) than any other team in La Liga this season and much of that is down to Koundé’s influence at the back. The 23-year-old also has the ability to bring the ball forward and set Sevilla on the front foot. He has made more forward passes (1,703) than any other outfielder in La Liga since the start of last season and this attribute would suit Chelsea in their quest to dominate opponents.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2022/may/18/who-Chelsea-sign-rudiger-christensen-azpilicueta-defenders