Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Rice is not going to sign anything, and West Ham should be careful as if they continue like this he will walk away for free.

That is the trend lately with the players. Like what is happening with Mbappe. 

I was thinking this morning what if we go for Mbappe? With new owner and TT we could try to convince him to come over here? If he liked working with TT then we can try to convince  hm. 

Doubt this. He won't wait till 2025. He's ready for the step up already and I get the sense he's going to try and move in the summer. Worst case, next summer. 

Edited by Strike

Chelsea are 'open to a swap deal’ with Barcelona this summer as they consider letting Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso leave - in exchange for out of favour defender Serginho Dest and Brazilian keeper Neto (Mail) #CFC

#FCB

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10805411/Chelsea-open-swap-deal-Barcelona-consider-letting-Azpilicueta-Alonso-leave.html

Edited by milka

15 minutes ago, milka said:

Chelsea are 'open to a swap deal’ with Barcelona this summer as they consider letting Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso leave - in exchange for out of favour defender Serginho Dest and Brazilian keeper Neto (Mail) #CFC

#FCB

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10805411/Chelsea-open-swap-deal-Barcelona-consider-letting-Azpilicueta-Alonso-leave.html

Dest is not good enough for Chelsea. This reads to me like it was written and planted by his agent. If the new owners begin their stewardship with such a poor signing it will be a very bad sign.

4 minutes ago, milka said:

#FCB

I wouldn't be against this. We're not likely to get much at all for Alonso and Azpi, both with only a year left on their contracts and at their age and the likelihood is Barca won't be prepared to pay anything whilst we could probably do with moving them on.

Dest still has a lot of development and is raw but he is only 21 and I do see potential in him. His market value would probably be at the very least the equivalent of Alonso and Azpi combined and there's a lot of potential upside with him. Also let's not pretend that with the new ownership, there is added marketing potential with him being American.

Don't really know too much about Neto but can only assume the club either has plans to move Kepa on, or Kepa himself is aware of interest and plans to move so replacing him with an experienced number two on the cheap is always the objective.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Dest is not good enough for Chelsea. This reads to me like it was written and planted by his agent. If the new owners begin their stewardship with such a poor signing it will be a very bad sign.

It depends what we're looking at. It's not just a case of bringing in first choice players this summer but our whole defence needs restructuring. 

James is arguably the only really reliable stand out to pin to but even he suffers from niggling injuries and needs managing.

Beyond that we don't know how Chilwell will recover from injury, Silva will be 38, Sarr isn't good enough, Chalobah doesn't seem to carry much trust with Tuchel.

One of the biggest things learnt this season is how important the wing backs have been in our attack when they're flying and how much of a struggle it's been when they're injured. I actually think there's potential in Dest as a wing back. His pace is a big attribute in his position, and I think he's a stronger attacker than he is a defender.

I personally would love us to look at Djed Spence in the full back/wing back role and I don't think he'd be too pricey but ultimately we will need to look at maximising budgets this summer window because so much work is needed and if for example Dest was available as a straight swap for Alonso, I would take that all day as whilst you're gambling on him developing and improving I think the potential upside to the deal is in our favour. 

In all honesty though swap deals are very rare, so a swap deal involving four players seems very remote.

34 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It depends what we're looking at. It's not just a case of bringing in first choice players this summer but our whole defence needs restructuring. 

Agreed but they all have to be good enough for the designated role and I don't believe that Dest is.

Beyond that we don't know how Chilwell will recover from injury

Nor do we know if his pre-injury form was temporary or represented him settling into his level for us.

One of the biggest things learnt this season is how important the wing backs have been in our attack when they're flying and how much of a struggle it's been when they're injured.

They achieved an undesirable, and unsustainable, level of importance because our attacking players are not potent enough. If Chilly returns at a high level and our WBs are once again carrying the burden of our attacking threat, then we will have messed up our recruitment. If so we'll continue to suffer the inconsistent performances that have plagued us. Our wing backs need to be an addition to our attackers, our coup de gras, not the main thrust. Reece and Chilly fit and flying for the entire season will not take us to a title challenge. Led by those two, we may have been top for a while but we did not belong there. The fact that they have been so important to our attack just highlights the problem, it doesn't solve it.

if for example Dest was available as a straight swap for Alonso, I would take that all day as whilst you're gambling on him developing and improving I think the potential upside to the deal is in our favour. 

In the end this is what we disagree about. I believe Dest's maximum is below our requirements. If he joins I'll be hoping that you are right. If it turns out that you are don't worry, I won't forget that I was wrong. 🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

11 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Agreed but they all have to be good enough for the designated role and I don't believe that Dest is.

Nor do we know if his pre-injury form was temporary or represented him settling into his level for us.

They achieved an undesirable, and unsustainable, level of importance because our attacking players are not potent enough. If Chilly returns at a high level and our WBs are once again carrying the burden of our attacking threat, then we will have messed up our recruitment. If so we'll continue to suffer the inconsistent performances that have plagued us. Our wing backs need to be an addition to our attackers, our coup de gras, not the main thrust. Reece and Chilly fit and flying for the entire season will not take us to a title challenge. Led by those two, we may have been top for a while but we did not belong there. The fact that they have been so important to our attack just highlights the problem, it doesn't solve it.

In the end this is what we disagree about. I believe Dest's maximum is below our requirements. If he joins I'll be hoping that you are right. If it turns out that you are don't worry, I won't forget that I was wrong. 🙂

Oh for sure they have to be at a certain level even to be squad players here. As I said, my preference for target in the wing back role would be Djed Spence who I think would be a cracking signing but I do see potential in Dest, particularly from his Ajax days. Maybe not so much as a full back because I think he has a lot to learn defensively but in a wing back role and comfortable to play either side I wouldn't be against it if it only involved for example trading him for Alonso. I think the risk/reward becomes far more attractive on his potential then.

Regarding the wing backs, I would agree that the attackers need to do a lot more, but I think with Chilwell and James, you had two players that were quick and capable of getting up and down at will throughout a game and it made it incredibly difficult for teams to cope with. As a result of coming from deep and off the flank too they regularly became the 'spare man' in attack which seemed to present more opportunities to both. Alonso and Azpi in the same role is quite clearly a completely different prospect. I still don't think we'd be close to the top 2 even if Chilwell and James remained fit through the season but I think we'd be well clear comfortably in third and one way or another we need alternatives to both next season, whether that's in a full back or wing back role.

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

There are only a handful (5, and 6 if you count Ndidi, and only 10 I rate as truly excelled atm who are under 30) of WC DMF's under 30 years of age atm, and Rice is 2nd on the list, and would be top (IMHO) if Bayern, for some reason, switched Kimmich back to RB/RWB.

WHY would Rice accept only £200K PW locked in for EIGHT YEARS when a soon to be 30yo Rudiger, for instance (when the signing bonus is prorated in), is on £400K plus PW? (325K quid PW or so base gross salary) Rice would turn 32 in the first season after that 8 year contract expired, so no chance he gets a monster pay-out then.

Joshua Kimmich  
Declan Rice  
Rodri   
Fabinho
Aurélien Tchouameni (potentially close to the top, but not there yet at all)

then a slight drop off

Wilfred Ndidi   

them a drop off for the last 4 

Kalvin Phillips    
Tomas Soucek
Sandro Tonali
Rúben Neves

Brozovic turns 30yo this fall

On 09/05/2022 at 09:18, Vesper said:

34 goals, 20 assists so far

He has 2 games left (if RB had not collapsed against Rangers, and if the Bundesliga played the normal 38 games that all the other big leagues do, and if their Europa League tie with Spartak Moscow (they would have won that tie, 95% for sure) was not cancelled due to Putin, he would have 5 games left plus 4 more already played

He has already broken the all time European MF single season goal scoring record (in terms of the top 15 leagues) with 34 so far

If he had those 9 games more (4 played already plus 5 or so more to come, depending on how a 38 game Bundesliga schedule is sorted, so probably he would have played at least 2 more of those 4 added matches already), I would wager he would have scored 40 goals for the season and ended on 25 or so assists (as the 4 missing league games would all be against shit teams (19th and 20th teams added via promotion to the 18 now), plus the one league game he IS going to play is also against a horrid side (Armenia Bielefeld) 

1b3b6da9ee12ebd81112dcd2a71698ae.pngaf1d10854928c737c48305af71ed50cc.png

Hmm interesting. Any possibility of us getting him?

I remember he left PSG when Tuchel got there. The guy is young and good but would cost alot of money as well. 

51 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Chelsea have held talks with Fali Ramadani for Koulibaly, however it will take a super offer to convince De Laurentiis.

If it was like £20m or maybe make a deal that involves sending Sarr their way with a bit of money I'd be all over that as he'd help cover for a lot of experience walking out the door this summer and immediately plug a need for a good couple of years. 

Anything much more than that though given his age and just a year on his contract and I wouldn't bother. We'd be better off seeing if he runs down his contract and take him on a free next summer to replace Silva for a couple of seasons.

I haven’t heard Koulibaly’s name in like 2 years. I thought he had long faded from his top class best? He’s also just about to turn 31 in a months time.

Seems like the exact opposite sort of player we would sign. Only reason we signed Silva despite his age was because of his familiarity with Tuchel and the fact that he was free.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I haven’t heard Koulibaly’s name in like 2 years. I thought he had long faded from his top class best? He’s also just about to turn 31 in a months time.

Seems like the exact opposite sort of player we would sign. Only reason we signed Silva despite his age was because of his familiarity with Tuchel and the fact that he was free.

Still an incredible athlete. Fact of the matter is with Rudiger, Christensen, and Azpilicueta gone (Silva the next year as well) we are going to have a very young back line. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Silva joined pre-Tuchel