Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

18 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

But then we're also in the position potentially next summer where Jorginho and Kante both leave at the end of their contracts and we have to replace both at the same time, similar to the issue we have now of rebuilding the defence due to multiple departures.

I personally think a holding midfielder is an important addition this summer. It opens up more options and potential with regards to Tuchel being able to use a back 4 formation if he chooses to.

Oh yeah they have 1 year left on their contracts, dont know why i thought they had 2 (1+1) yup, the contract situations are a headache for sure, being sanctioned definitely didnt help matters. Ideally i would not sell both but what I think the club will do is see how the contract talks go with them and go from there.. If the numbers/terms are far off, we might just have to sell both. Not ideal at all but better than losing both on free.

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they still think they can resign him

Their ownership group is probably offering him hundreds of millions under the table in addition to his mega salary so I wouldn’t be shocked if he stayed.

He’d be an idiot to waste his prime years in a league nobody cares about and continue to choke in the CL. 

On 14/05/2022 at 16:53, Pizy said:

An older striker like Lewa who has accomplished everything choosing to come to the most difficult league? Can’t imagine him wanting that.

Can go chill in Barcelona and score a bucket load against more farmers like he has in Germany for another couple of seasons. Look at what Auba has done there compared to how horrendous he was at Arse.

Vardy is 35 is one of the top scorer in the league despite only starting 18 games due to injuries. Lewa would score for fun in the league.

42 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Vardy is 35 is one of the top scorer in the league despite only starting 18 games due to injuries. Lewa would score for fun in the league.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, he’d score plenty. But the grind and slog of a 60 game season in England at this stage of his career seems silly. He has already done it all. If I were him I’d have a nice couple of years in sunny Spain.

On 14/05/2022 at 21:53, Pizy said:

An older striker like Lewa who has accomplished everything choosing to come to the most difficult league? Can’t imagine him wanting that.

Can go chill in Barcelona and score a bucket load against more farmers like he has in Germany for another couple of seasons. Look at what Auba has done there compared to how horrendous he was at Arse.

Ibra did it & didn't fare too badly.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Ibra did it & didn't fare too badly.

Again, I’m not saying Lewa is finished. I’m just saying that older players tend to want to take it a bit easier late in their careers.

He could absolutely still play at the very highest level for another couple of seasons.

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Again, I’m not saying Lewa is finished. I’m just saying that older players tend to want to take it a bit easier late in their careers.

He could absolutely still play at the very highest level for another couple of seasons.

I very much doubt it, he won't want the PL asterisk the likes of Sheva and Falcao have got.

58 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I very much doubt it, he won't want the PL asterisk the likes of Sheva and Falcao have got.

He doesn’t rely on pace or athleticism and has never been the sort of striker who is going to beat players with skill. He’s a pure, lethal finisher around the box. One of the best ever, in fact. So I think he’ll be fine for a while as he gets older. Give him chances and he’ll score 25 PL goals.

Ironically, he would’ve been absolutely picture perfect in City’s team rather than Haaland.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

gundogan anyone?

Top class player. We should be all over him. No clue why City don’t want to extend him since he’s their second best CM after KDB.