Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

47 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

What's wrong with him? (Genuine question as I've never seen him play)

he is basically Bakayoko, but in the Eredivisie

undisciplined (2 reds in 4 Europa League games)

poor passer, and I can see him not being able to cope with the pressure play of the EPL

plus, he is another African Sr international who will miss big chunks of play for us when he goes to play for Cote d'Ivoire

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1525470482744676354

Chelsea needs to go for him 2.5 year contract.

Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidžić confirms Robert Lewandowski asked to leave the club and said he won’t extend his contract: “

He said that he would like to try something new. But our position has not changed. ‘Lewa’ has a contract until June 30, 2023. That is a fact."

Edited by KEVINAA

An older striker like Lewa who has accomplished everything choosing to come to the most difficult league? Can’t imagine him wanting that.

Can go chill in Barcelona and score a bucket load against more farmers like he has in Germany for another couple of seasons. Look at what Auba has done there compared to how horrendous he was at Arse.

We need big summer. Big LEAVING
Sell: Alonso, Kepa, Werner, Pulisic, Jorginho, Azpi?, Ziyech?, Lukaku?(not included free living)
Buy: 2CB(Kounde+somone like Gvardiol/K2), Perisić, Raphinha, Tchouameni, Lewandowski if Lukaku leave. Back-up for James and Mendy

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

An older striker like Lewa who has accomplished everything choosing to come to the most difficult league? Can’t imagine him wanting that.

Can go chill in Barcelona and score a bucket load against more farmers like he has in Germany for another couple of seasons. Look at what Auba has done there compared to how horrendous he was at Arse.

Auba only struggled under Arteta, he was a goal machine under Wenger and Emery. 

6 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Auba only struggled under Arteta, he was a goal machine under Wenger and Emery. 

Obviously that’s what I meant. He looked finished at the end of his Arse stay. Then goes to Barca and looks solid again.

Lewa can probably go there and score 30 league goals next season. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Obviously that’s what I meant. He looked finished at the end of his Arse stay. Then goes to Barca and looks solid again.

Lewa can probably go there and score 30 league goals next season. 

I can easily see him getting at least 40 and having a great shot at 50 again

Barca's CF's had a HORRID finishing season, so many blown easy chances

Lewa doesn't blow easy chances

he and Benz are just demons when you give them even a few centimetres of space

Yesterday was ultimately disappointing, again. But on reflection, it's just further proof over these last 18 months under Tuchel we're right there with competing with the likes of City, Liverpool, Madrid. 

Our issue, and Tuchel has alluded to this a number of times, is the consistency and relentlessness to do it game after game 3 times a week and to also be able to grind out wins when not at 100%. We rarely manage to do this unfortunately and it is something that Tuchel needs to find a way of addressing. I hate comparing us to Liverpool in Klopp's early time there because it seems to be done so often, but they too were competing against the top teams without the consistency, and also reached a couple of cup finals (Europa League, Champions League, League Cup) before they found a way of getting over the line. We at least have some experience now of lifting a couple of trophies over the last 12 months, and it's just a bad break to be honest that we've had Liverpool in both cup finals this season. 

Assuming we get this last point (or Spurs or Arsenal drop) to confirm top 4, it'll be 3 years in a row we'll have achieved that. It doesn't sound much of an achievement but considering we only managed it once in the 3 years prior, it does show we've at least found a consistency to achieve that. Now the next step is gaining ground on City and Liverpool.

Some of it will partly come down to experience, some of our younger players in our squad (especially in attack) are getting to an age now where they need to produce that consistency to take them to the next level. The likes of Mount, Pulisic and Havertz all show in patches their clear ability but they need to find a way to be producing 8/10 weekly instead of a few games of 6/10 then a couple of 9/10 performances.

I still believe a 'game changer' in attack is needed and I'd still hang my hat on Dembele, especially on a free transfer. 

Edited by Superblue_1986

Consistency in getting top four? Right before we lose that spot for significant period of time.

And how we keep that when we are losing almost entire defense this window and almost entire midfield the next. We are only left with attackers from German and Italian Leagues because they are cheaper down there.  2017 meant our English top table team status vanished. Right after major success. 2021 meant our top four status is fading away. CL manager supported with broken past it midfielder and past it not good enough against top opposition striker, with major technical and mentality issues.

It was the last year when our management decided we were good enough to fight for fourth exclusively. Defense with expiring contracts and ageing midfield prone to injuries we get what we got. IT was a  statement. Welcome to midtable reality. Had this sale happened two years later we would have been established midtable club. 6 and counting failed attackers isn't coincidence. IT is product of poorly talented midfield in attacking sense and constant signing players from suspicious leagues that can't adapt to Premier League. Lack of scouting and relying on you tube clips.

We need to replace 4defenders this season and three midfielders the next - Kovacic is too injury prone, if we look at contract situation and  age and injuries propensity.

That if we keep the same attackers. No top four for the next year or the year after. It is as certain as Lukaku's flop status was.

9 minutes ago, laura90 said:

Consistency in getting top four? Right before we lose that spot for significant period of time.

And how we keep that when we are losing almost entire defense this window and almost entire midfield the next. We are only left with attackers from German and Italian Leagues because they are cheaper down there.  2017 meant our English top table team status vanished. Right after major success. 2021 meant our top four status is fading away. CL manager supported with broken past it midfielder and past it not good enough against top opposition striker, with major technical and mentality issues.

It was the last year when our management decided we were good enough to fight for fourth exclusively. Defense with expiring contracts and ageing midfield prone to injuries we get what we got. IT was a  statement. Welcome to midtable reality. Had this sale happened two years later we would have been established midtable club. 6 and counting failed attackers isn't coincidence. IT is product of poorly talented midfield in attacking sense and constant signing players from suspicious leagues that can't adapt to Premier League. Lack of scouting and relying on you tube clips.

We need to replace 4defenders this season and three midfielders the next - Kovacic is too injury prone, if we look at contract situation and  age and injuries propensity.

That if we keep the same attackers. No top four for the next year or the year after. It is as certain as Lukaku's flop status was.

Not going to argue about our recruitment, in the main it's been poor.

But I am optimistic about the new ownership and the future. In my opinion we have a top manager who seems settled and happy to be here and rebuild the club without unrealistic demands and constant controversy. For the time he's been here, he probably feels the best fit in terms of managers we've had under Roman's tenure with regards to a longer term as manager.

We may never know exactly the whole Lukaku situation. In my opinion Tuchel was offered him and took it which I don't blame him for because he would have known going into this season with Werner and Havertz as our only striking options, his neck would have been on the chopping block if things didn't work out. After all, Chelsea is the ultimate big club, short term job despite the Champions League win in his back pocket.

Moving forward, I think he'll be given time and resources to rebuild. He's made a good fist of it with like you said, what has been a pretty poorly put together squad through our recruitment in recent years. Without the influx of academy players both into the first team and sold, we'd be in a far worse position right now. But Tuchel will have the opportunity the likes of Klopp and Pep have had, to actually build the team properly in his own image. 

Do I think we're suddenly going to catch up City and Liverpool? No.

But do I think we're suddenly going to start slipping down the table? Again, no.

21 minutes ago, laura90 said:

In the last 20 seasons, we have only failed to qualify for the CL twice

and in one of those seasons we won the Europa league because of it

we also have never spent more than one consecutive season outside of the top 4 since 2002

the only truly dire season we have has since 1995/96 was that horrific 2015/16 10th place finish

other than that season, we have always been in the top 6 since 95/96 (usually  the top 4, and also have won the league 5 times)

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

In the last 20 seasons, we have only failed to qualify for the CL twice

and in one of those seasons we won the Europa league because of it

we also have never spent more than one consecutive season outside of the top 4 since 2002

the only truly dire season we have has since 1995/96 was that horrific 2015/16 10th place finish

other than that season, we have always been in the top 6 since 95/96 (usually  the top 4, and also have won the league 5 times)

Everyone thought there would be a period of doom and pain after winning the Europa League, knowing we were losing Hazard and had to contend with a transfer ban and on paper, an ageing squad.

2 years later we were lifting the Champions League trophy.

This club does have a tendency to bounce back in the face of adversity. 

The defence needs to be rebuilt but besides Rudiger, it's arguable that the other players leaving we should be looking at moving on and replacing anyway. Christensen leaving is more of a pain because of the sheer gutting of the defence, I certainly believe he's replaceable within the squad.

The midfield and attack could largely be reshaped based on our outgoings this summer. 

There shouldn't be anything stopping us bringing in 5 - 6 players if we really wanted to. Especially when I can think of 3 players I'd happily take to the Bridge who are on free transfers this summer. We also have players coming back from loan spells who I'm sure Tuchel is keen to cast his eye over in pre season.