Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea handed major blow as 21-year-old’s agent provides sobering transfer update

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/01/Chelsea-target-sergino-dest-will-not-leave-barcelona-in-january-transfer-window/

Chelsea target Sergino Dest will not leave Barcelona in January transfer window

According to the German publication BILD (h/t Metro), Chelsea target Sergino Dest will not leave Barcelona in the January transfer window as per the comments from his representative. He has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge following the injury plague that has affected the defensive options.

Barca are currently in a financial crisis as they could not register their winter signing Ferran Torres so far. The loan transfer of Philippe Coutinho to Aston Villa has helped, but they are looking at more ways to meet their needs. The Blues have shown an interest in prising the 21-year-old away from Camp Nou.

However, Michael Reschke, Head of European Football at ICM Stellar Sports, who represent Dest, has revealed in an interview with BILD (h/t Metro) that his client has no intention of leaving the Blaugrana club. That would deal a damning blow to the Blues, who are eager to bring in reinforcement to address their issues.

“He has no intention of changing clubs.”

Paris Saint-Germain make official offer to Chelsea for Real Madrid target Antonio Rudiger

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/01/paris-saint-germain-make-official-offer-to-Chelsea-for-real-madrid-target-antonio-rudiger/

According to the French outlet Foot Mercato (h/t ESPN), Paris Saint-Germain have made an official offer to Chelsea for centre-back Antonio Rudiger to persuade him from signing up with Real Madrid. Uncertainty surrounds the German’s future at Stanford Bridge and has caught the attention of several clubs.

Rudiger has entered the final six months of his current deal with the Blues, meaning he could reach a pre-contract agreement with foreign clubs this month. PSG have put forward an offer worth €7 million per season as they try to convince him to move to the French capital next season.

The German seems to have set his eyes on Real for a potential transfer when his contract expires. Les Parisiens are hoping that their wage offer would be enough to tempt him away from the Spanish capital. The English club are still hopeful that an agreement can be reached with the defender looking at his importance in the defensive backline.

Edited by Vesper

PSG can complete five-year transfer mission by signing Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku amid £75m links

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/transfer-news/romelu-lukaku-Chelsea-psg-transfer-22699985

Paris Saint-Germain could end a five-year transfer mission if their £75million bid for Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku was to be accepted in the summer as the Blues consider their cutting losses early.

Lukaku, 28, has played two games since his controversial interview came out into the public sphere- comments that undermined the west London faithful but most importantly, Thomas Tuchel.

His admissions regarding feeling unhappy in west London coupled with his come and get me back plea to Inter Milan and their fans fell on deaf ears.

football.london understands that it's almost impossible that Marina Granovskaia would consider selling the club record signing only six months into his Blues homecoming with the summer more of a chance to reassess the situation.

Therefore, Tuchel's focus will solely be on getting the best out of the striker in question for the rest of the season as the European Champions look to compete on all fronts for silverware this season.

"I did not even think about that but he has a contract for a reason, he wants to achieve big things with Chelsea, which means a lot to him and from here we go," the manager explained when evaluating Lukaku's long-term future in SW6.

"I cannot predict the future but there was no intention behind all this to change clubs or ambitions. This we are very sure about.

"Romelu speaks out very openly, not only just in the media but in the dressing room, in talks with me and we should also appreciate it. That was maybe a bit too open, in one direction that people and clubs and supporters could be offended, but it was good that we took our time and we can move on now."

Edited by Vesper

In case an incredible opportunity arises for a top target this month we should only look at the most cost effective, short term solutions to any injury issues.

We've dodged a bullet in my opinion with Digne, and the same should be said in my opinion about the likes of Adama and Dest (Dest I think has potential and is far younger but I'm still not convinced, certainly in the present). We've suffered for far too long with bringing in squad players to fill gaps in the squad and then be left stuck with these players for years as we can't get a reasonable value back in the market to cover our own outlay. It's why we still have Alonso and Barkley in the squad and a host of players still attached to the club out on loan.

I know it hasn't really worked out (although promising signs recently) but the loan signing of Saul in the summer was the perfect move at a time when our preferred midfield targets didn't open up. It allows us this coming summer to re-target a Tchouameni or Rice or whoever, rather than be left with another squad player on the books that we've paid over the odds for.

If a Dest or Adama was available on a loan with a buy option then grab them for the rest of this season and see how things go. But I really hope the club doesn't panic here and waste £20-30m of the summer budget on a player who if everyone in the squad was fit, wouldn't be starting. That's what our academy should be for - to fill in these blanks so the club can focus on just securing a couple of top targets each season.

Tuchel will have a lot to do with this too. If he's comfortable and feels secure in his position (and there's no reason why he shouldn't) then he doesn't need to rock the boat like the Mourinho's and Conte's have in the past. If he's given the option of a stop gap now and then less money available in the summer for top targets, or try to make do with what we have this season and be backed again in the summer I'd like to hope he'd prefer the latter.

It’s going to be Emerson coming back right near the deadline. And while it’ll be nice to have the extra body and option to relieve the load on Alonso, I’m not sure Emerson actually helps us at all quality wise. He’ll basically just be coming back so that we don’t have to play CHO or CP there anymore. Which I guess is a positive.

As Tuchel has alluded to in his presser, there really aren’t many Chelsea quality players available in January. Players who fit that profile are likely already at top clubs and will cost a massive fortune considering their importance to their teams. Only on rare occasions will a £50m+ player move in the Jan window.

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Emerson is legitimately just a body to free up our attackers from playing wing back. 

Fact of the matter is both Emerson and Alonso need to be moved on. The latter has over stayed his welcome for about 3 years. 

100 per cent. offensively and defensively too slow for us, and wont be getting quicker anytime soon.

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

It’s going to be Emerson coming back right near the deadline. And while it’ll be nice to have the extra body and option to relieve the load on Alonso, I’m not sure Emerson actually helps us at all quality wise. He’ll basically just be coming back so that we don’t have to play CHO or CP there anymore. Which I guess is a positive.

As Tuchel has alluded to in his presser, there really aren’t many Chelsea quality players available in January. Players who fit that profile are likely already at top clubs and will cost a massive fortune considering their importance to their teams. Only on rare occasions will a £50m+ player move in the Jan window.

Yes, I think the question TT is asking himself is whether Emerson is a better LWB than CHO, Malang, or Saul, not whether he is the ultimate answer. If that's the question then 'yes' is probably the correct answer but when the time is right we need to get to work on finding a permanent fix.

On 03/01/2022 at 20:24, Jase said:

Just noticed you have been quiet on Lukaku. lol

Tbf, I have been away for a while as I have been busy. However, equally, there isn't much more for me to say about him/he hasn't done anything to change my opinion and/or show me something I didn't already know.