Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Emerson is legitimately just a body to free up our attackers from playing wing back. 

Fact of the matter is both Emerson and Alonso need to be moved on. The latter has over stayed his welcome for about 3 years. 

I personally don't mind Emerson back as I'd rather that than £30m+ on a squad cover player and go through the cycle again. 

However, what is bonkers is that Chelsea didn't put any sort of recall clause in. You would've thought they would add one as any long term injury to Chilwell was always going to require him back. 

Honestly, if I were in Emerson’s shoes I’d be saying fuck off. You chose Alonslow over me as LWB cover and are only coming back in for me because you’re desperate.

But it feels like amateur hour stuff if Tuchel really wants him back and we’re now 2 weeks into the window and he isn’t here yet. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

"Tuchel a Fan" 

🤡......

image.thumb.png.c1aa51fe0f03f0167c19972c5032dd63.png

image.png.c110282f820ca035340dd2551005a885.png

So much of a fan he played Emerson a whopping 2 minutes. None in the league...

Plus sending him away after a more than decent euros …

the board really must think that there is no left back in the world we can loan for 4m fee for half a year and Emerson is the only choice 

The fact that none of the big clubs in the PL are doing much is evidence that it’s just much more difficult these days to pull of significant signings in January. You would’ve thought clubs like United, Arse, Spuds, etc who are in a knife fight for 4th would be super active trying to put themselves in pole position. But none of them are really doing anything at the moment. Liverpool lost Mané and Salah to AFCON and haven’t done anything.

Unless you can target a top player whose contract expires this summer and can pay now to get him early the options are basically nonexistent. The fact that we were interested in Digne but wouldn’t even pay the £23m required to sign him tells you what the clubs’ budget is. They want a super cheap stopgap.

So it’s Emerson or a loan for someone else.

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Scraping the barrel here. 

We aren't wasting money & putting ourselves in a hole with another backup option, so I understand it despite being quite surprised.

Alonso was always going to remain first choice IMO.

Edited by LAM09

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We aren't wasting money & putting ourselves in a hole with another backup option, so I understand it despite being quite surprised.

Alonso was always going to remain first choice IMO.

I think I did post maybe last spring or summer about how Kenedy would do at wingback under Tuchel.