The Tuchel Thread

Jase

These corrupt bastards did their best to take away our CL in the run in didnt they, the whole season for that matter. We have been absolutely turned over by the officials in this run in.  VAR it's not a tool for righting wrongs it's a tool for manipulating results, I've seen the Villa penalty numerous times, their player kicks Jorginho on the leg. It's a scandal. So so soft, a pen we would never get. Azpi gets a red for a nothing incident, same incident that Villa did but the ref saw nothing as usual. That cunt grealish can behave how he wants, 2 soft ass pens for LC just incase Chels does something. Im glad TT came out and said his piece, you could see he has had enough already, any manager coming to us will have the shock of their lives for sure. How much longer will fans care about this corrupt charade? 

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It is something that definitely needs addressing. 

It's ironic that under Tuchel, we've pretty much made the top 4 by taking points off everybody around us to make the ground up. It's easy to be critical of the last week or two but ultimately we're in the top 4 because Tuchel's record against the other big teams has been exceptional, and that form has also extended to Europe too. I believe the only team in the top 7 that we didn't beat was United who we drew with, and 4 of the 6 were away games.

Our problems seem to be against teams lower down the table which is actually where Lampard was excelling, but couldn't seem to beat anybody in the top half of the table. Home draws with Brighton and Wolves, home loss to West Brom, away draws to Southampton and Leeds. These are the games we need to be picking 3 points up if we're to challenge for the title. 

I don't know whether that means a different approach to games against teams like this compared to teams towards the top of the table. For example is this group flexible and competent enough to regularly change between a back 4 and back 5? I think when we've been chasing games and changed to a back 4 at times we've not looked great. But maybe this is simply Tuchel needing more time on the training pitch to fine tune this. and our attacking patterns.

Agree with the point against bottom half sides under Tuchel but the ironic thing is, we ended up picking only 3 points less against those sides under Tuchel than under Lampard (18 v 21). The biggest disparity and unsurprisingly comes with the points gained against top half sides. Under Lampard, we got only 8 points but under Tuchel, we gained 20 points! And we ended up picking only 2 more points against top half teams than bottom half sides under Tuchel.

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Agree with the point against bottom half sides under Tuchel but the ironic thing is, we ended up picking only 3 points less against those sides under Tuchel than under Lampard (18 v 21). The biggest disparity and unsurprisingly comes with the points gained against top half sides. Under Lampard, we got only 8 points but under Tuchel, we gained 20 points! And we ended up picking only 2 more points against top half teams than bottom half sides under Tuchel.

I'd be surprised if any of the other teams around us have a similar record where they've picked up more points against top half sides than bottom half sides, like Tuchel has done.

Personally I'd rather be in our position of having to fix a record against the teams lower down the table, than a record against the bigger teams. In theory it should be a problem easier to address.

23 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'd be surprised if any of the other teams around us have a similar record where they've picked up more points against top half sides than bottom half sides, like Tuchel has done.

Personally I'd rather be in our position of having to fix a record against the teams lower down the table, than a record against the bigger teams. In theory it should be a problem easier to address.

Reminds me a little bit of our 13/14 season. We threw the title away against teams like Villa, Norwich or Newcastle while winning pretty much every big game. 

With a wise transfer window we can play for the title next season. 

13 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Reminds me a little bit of our 13/14 season. We threw the title away against teams like Villa, Norwich or Newcastle while winning pretty much every big game. 

With a wise transfer window we can play for the title next season. 

It's a good reference point, and with arguably one of the best transfer windows during Roman's tenure we then went and romped the league the following season.

The problem is this time, I'm not sure world class players like Fabregas and Costa were, are ready and available currently.