Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Tuchel Thread


 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A manager taking responsibility? Preposterous!

Unless we completely lose the plot and results go south in these last few weeks of the season, sacking Tuchel just because we don't get Top 4 would be a fucking stupid decision from the board...again.

‘He’s brought belief and togetherness back’: Tuchel’s first month at Chelsea https://theathletic.com/2410946/2021/02/26/hes-brought-belief-and-togetherness-back-tuchels-first-month-at-Chelsea/

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Now do goals conceded.

Too lazy to do it now. 🤣 

The constant use of the back 3 is becoming questionable but it's obvious that Tuchel has made us more defensively solid by implementing a structure in the team on and off the ball that Lampard never quite managed to do in 18 months. We have also looked more tactically competent and less likely to shit ourselves the second we come up against a half decent opposition, but obviously, there are still lots to improve on.

Part of the reason why I posted the goals scored stat comparison is that I have seen talks of us being more boring under Tuchel than under Lampard (more so elsewhere than here) even though the goals scored are very similar, based on the last games under each regime. The players' decision making is still crap and it's enraging but seems like there are people out there who would rather watch the basketball-esque games and an attacking plan that just revolves around spamming crosses into the box that we used to have under Lampard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Tychel has made his mark so far defensively. It may take the rest of the season to get the attack to play the way he wants. I have noticed a lot less high ]crosses in the box and more players looking to hit each other with through balls (unsuccessfully) and low crosses, it is going to take time, but in the long run it will be more effective. It will also sort out who needs to be here next year. Sadly Pulisic is having a difficult time making an impact. He wasn't terrible yesterday, but he has to impress or he becomes a way to raise cash for players that will impress. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm slowly beginning to think we spent £250m in the horrible way.

Only Mendy has been decent, and even him had his dodgy days. Everybody else has been average or extremely poor.  (Silva is not part of the £250m in case you're wondering).

I thought we would be doing bits by now. Defensively we are better, but up front...we are having the same old problems like last season.

TT needs to do something.

On 28/02/2021 at 20:13, MoroccanBlue said:

At this point, fuck giving our attackers the freedom to express themselves. They need their hands held the entire way evidently.

What's shocking is that he hasn't done this already. It's not like our attacking side has been great before he got here! Or has improved since!

His idea of letting the attackers doing whatever they want only works with class players. If we had prime Hazard, Costa and Fabregas his idea could have worked since these lot have individual brilliance.  

None of our forwarder currents have individual brilliance. None. Not Mount, not Abraham, not Kovacic, not Werner....nothing. And the players that should have it, aren't showing it at all (Ziyech/Havertz).

What a disastrous two seasons we are having. Fingers cross that we have something at the end of this season. I'll take that FA Cup.

Edited by Mana
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm slowly beginning to think we spent £250m in the horrible way.

Only Mendy has been decent, and even him had his dodgy days. Everybody else has been average or extremely poor.  (Silva is not part of the £250m in case you're wondering).

I thought we would be doing bits by now. Defensively we are better, but up front...we are having the same old problems like last season.

TT needs to do something.

What's shocking is that he hasn't done this already. It's not like our attacking side has been great before he got here! Or has improved since!

His idea of letting the attackers doing whatever they want only works with class players. If we had prime Hazard, Costa and Fabregas his idea could have worked since these lot have individual brilliance.  

None of our forwarder currents have individual brilliance. None. Not Mount, not Abraham, not Kovacic, not Werner....nothing. And the players that should have it, aren't showing it at all (Ziyech/Havertz).

What a disastrous two seasons we are having. Fingers cross that we have something at the end of this season. I'll take that FA Cup.

Buying so many players in one window was always gonna be a problem (all part of trying to "catch up" with the rest after the transfer ban), even more so during a pandemic season. No pre-season. Constantly playing a game every 3-4 days. Injuries. Players getting COVID-19 (one in Havertz in this case). New players struggling to adapt or needing time to settle in England. Put all those factors together and we ended up with what we have seen. Hopefully we will have a slightly more normal season next time and then we can judge the players better, although the Euros being on this summer is not helpful at all. On top of that, this is like maybe the first time or maybe the first time since 2012/13 or 2013/14 that we went out and bought so many young players, players who are not finished articles yet for the first team, which has led to the struggles/inconsistencies with them. Otherwise, we have tended to buy players in their peak, established players who can come in and make an immediate impact. Not really the case last summer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2021 at 15:48, ZAPHOD2319 said:

 through balls (unsuccessfully)  

I think through balls are very good measure of players creativity.

PL this season:

1. Bruno 12

2. KDB 11

3. Salah 9

4. Rodriguez 7

5. Ceballos, Maddison, Pereira 6 

 

Chelsea full squad 12!!! Same as Bruno!

Kovacic 5, Jorginho, Havertz, Ziyech all 2 and Azpi 1.

Certain attacking midfielder and player with most minutes in the squad this season has 0!🤭

We were much better also in this department last season: Jorginho 16 (only KDB, Maddison and Buendia had more), Kovacic 10, Barkley 6, Willian 5, Pulisic and Pedro 4...

All stats are from official Premier League site.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by NikkiCFC
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm slowly beginning to think we spent £250m in the horrible way.

Only Mendy has been decent, and even him had his dodgy days. Everybody else has been average or extremely poor.  (Silva is not part of the £250m in case you're wondering).

I thought we would be doing bits by now. Defensively we are better, but up front...we are having the same old problems like last season.

TT needs to do something.

What's shocking is that he hasn't done this already. It's not like our attacking side has been great before he got here! Or has improved since!

His idea of letting the attackers doing whatever they want only works with class players. If we had prime Hazard, Costa and Fabregas his idea could have worked since these lot have individual brilliance.  

None of our forwarder currents have individual brilliance. None. Not Mount, not Abraham, not Kovacic, not Werner....nothing. And the players that should have it, aren't showing it at all (Ziyech/Havertz).

What a disastrous two seasons we are having. Fingers cross that we have something at the end of this season. I'll take that FA Cup.

Get a grip ffs, what is wrong with you? He didn‘t have any summer preparation and had to jump into a mess left by a clueless PE teacher. How is he supposed to strengthen each area of the team when the team didn‘t get in contact with a proper tactical coach for a long time? Is Tuchel some kind of magician? Blame Lampard for the mess we are in. Tuchel rightly focused on Defence first and I don‘t think we can judge him before summer

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think through balls are very good measure of players creativity.

PL this season:

1. Bruno 12

2. KDB 11

3. Salah 9

4. Rodriguez 7

5. Ceballos, Maddison, Pereira 6 

 

Chelsea full squad 12!!! Same as Bruno!

Kovacic 5, Jorginho, Havertz, Ziyech all 2 and Azpi 1.

Certain attacking midfielder and player with most minutes in the squad this season has 0!🤭

We were much better also in this department last season: Jorginho 16 (only KDB, Maddison and Buendia had more), Kovacic 10, Barkley 6, Willian 5, Pulisic and Pedro 4...

All stats are from official Premier League site.

 

 

 

 

 

 

How many has Mount played? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuchel admits he must earn right to emulate Klopp rebuild at Chelsea

https://www.goal.com/en/news/tuchel-admits-he-must-earn-right-to-emulate-klopp-rebuild-at/1psdkrjwp071f17sjp1whpdsng

“I have to earn it," Tuchel told reporters. "I have to earn it that I can have the same time as Jurgen and Pep.

"This was no gift to them. Everybody in the club saw what they are doing, what impact they can have on teams and on their clubs, in the second step, and this is what I have to prove.

"This is my target and from there on, it’s my job. I have to live every day and every week to make my impact here and to show that I deserve the same amount of time to build teams.

"I have to earn it, I cannot say more, but I don't have the feeling right now that it’s an obstacle at the moment that holds me back from building and showing that I’m capable to do it.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tuchel admits he must earn right to emulate Klopp rebuild at Chelsea

https://www.goal.com/en/news/tuchel-admits-he-must-earn-right-to-emulate-klopp-rebuild-at/1psdkrjwp071f17sjp1whpdsng

“I have to earn it," Tuchel told reporters. "I have to earn it that I can have the same time as Jurgen and Pep.

"This was no gift to them. Everybody in the club saw what they are doing, what impact they can have on teams and on their clubs, in the second step, and this is what I have to prove.

"This is my target and from there on, it’s my job. I have to live every day and every week to make my impact here and to show that I deserve the same amount of time to build teams.

"I have to earn it, I cannot say more, but I don't have the feeling right now that it’s an obstacle at the moment that holds me back from building and showing that I’m capable to do it.”

Seems good that Tuchel is realistic enough to know that, instead of going around claiming he needs to be given time for the sake of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best PL result of the season (so far). 

Finally, beaten this lot after 6-7 years of hurt at Anfield.

Edited by Mana
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a huge improvement over Lampard. The team now has a clear direction and play with passion and purpose. Even Tuchel body language is different. To other side I can't say I'm a big of this new style. Tuchel is looking more and more Mourinho minus the ego, but right now this team needs results more than anything. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henrique said:

Definitely a huge improvement over Lampard. The team now has a clear direction and play with passion and purpose. Even Tuchel body language is different. To other side I can't say I'm a big of this new style. Tuchel is looking more and more Mourinho minus the ego, but right now this team needs results more than anything. 

I have never seen Chelsea so confident at the back against a side who has dangerous attacking players. You have to give credit to TT for that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit due. Criticized the style of football but tonight he got it spot on. From defence to attack, he completely done a number on Klopp and we looked good too. Brilliant win. Well done Tuchel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think or at least I hope the style and our attacking play will get better next season but the tactical improvement Tuchel has brought in has been immense. Basically night and day when compared to Lampard's regime. Individually and as a team, everyone knows what they are supposed to do now - where to run and attack, where to press and defend, when to counter press etc. Don't think they're always right but Tuchel has also been proactive in making changes - he's made a few changes at HT, changes to help us manage games better (e.g. Kovacic for Mount today) etc even when we're leading. He's always reading the game and trying to make sure we don't lose control. These things are not like WOW but they were so sorely lacking from Lampard.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...