The Tuchel Thread

Jase

42 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

That‘s how it feels to have a proper coach instead of a shower of shit PE teacher fraud.

Is it too much for you to just maybe have a bit more respect towards Lampard, regardless of his time as a manager here?

Continue to be aggressive/insulting towards him and don't be surprised if we drop the ban hammer on you.

PSG, City and Bayern are only teams that worry me in the CL. Avoid them in the next round. Dortmund would be great or Porto if they get result against Juve, but Juve is nothing special either.

Ofc lets first finish the job at SB.

If we win CL I would not care if we finish 6th...

Dont forget, our 3 best campaigns in the CL came when we changed managers in the middle of the season. RDM, Grant, Hiddink.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

A manager taking responsibility? Preposterous!

Tuchel's full quote:

“No, it was not [that we saved Giroud for Atlético]. We thought long and hard about putting him in [against Southampton]. It was clearly a possibility that he starts against Southampton [after scoring versus Newcastle], then we analysed them and they are a very aggressive team and they press and play high up the pitch. So we expected more spaces behind the last line and we wanted more runs from deep.

“I had only three changes because in our league it is only possible to have three changes. I wasn’t too happy in my decisions in the game against Southampton.

“Maybe we missed the opportunity to bring him on at the end. But then I can say I saved him for today.”

@OneMoSalah I was right. 😛

7 hours ago, Mana said:

I'll hold this back for a little while. Too early to say.

Also there's a thing called honeymoon period. Seen it with Sarri, seen it with Lampard.

I think we have to accept it - You will never be happy

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I think we have to accept it - You will never be happy

We look much more organized. Under Lampard, there was no visible style of play, no tactics, no strategy. The players were fed up of him. Tuchel didn‘t even have a whole summer yet and still we look more organized than in all the time before. 

31 minutes ago, Mana said:

How can I be happy? I'll be happy when the standards of this football club is back to where it was again.

We are on the verge for the first time in the Roman era not to have a trophy in 2 consecutive seasons. Not that we are entitled to have a trophy, but I'm showing you how far we have fallen. 

We spent 200m+ and we still scrapping top 4. And you expect me to be happy?

TT has put us on the map for top 4 again and that's brilliant, but until I see consistency of good football, I'll remain sceptical.

Who put us into this mess? And who is the one who has to clean up the garbage of the predecessor?

17 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Good win, but first leg. 

Liverpool last year looked good for first leg and then second leg Atletico knock them out. 

Let's wait and see how we do next leg. 

Yes, agree with the sentiment but the one big difference here is Liverpool lost the first leg last season and we won it. Atletico should have some key players back for the 2nd leg but unlike last season, they will have to come out and play, instead of just focusing on defending. 

5 hours ago, Mana said:

How can I be happy? I'll be happy when the standards of this football club is back to where it was again.

We are on the verge for the first time in the Roman era not to have a trophy in 2 consecutive seasons. Not that we are entitled to have a trophy, but I'm showing you how far we have fallen. 

We spent 200m+ and we still scrapping top 4. And you expect me to be happy?

TT has put us on the map for top 4 again and that's brilliant, but until I see consistency of good football, I'll remain sceptical.

But given your main argument against Lampard was he didn't have the track record to look back on, surely you've on that basis got to give Tuchel until the very least the end of next season?

One of the ESPN pundits, in this case our former player Frank LeBoeuf, for once seemed to offer a decent thought as to why our attack breaks down in the final third of the pitch despite maintaining so much control up to that point.

His reasoning was that we don't have enough players playing up front right now that carry the ball for an extended period and try to 'unbalance' the opposition. He felt that Mount is the only player that does it to some extent.

I can see where he is coming from. CHO for example also tries to do take-on's , but  CHO is also a very direct winger as opposed to someone like Pulisic or Hazard, and doesn't necessarily drag defenders out of position. 

Long story short, we really need players like Pulisic to find their form sooner rather than later. Even Ziyech, whose passing ability can make up for the lack of dribblers in the front line. Ziyech looked a bit better in his cameo appearance against Atletico, so I hope he isn't too far off

Edited by Blue Armour