The Tuchel Thread

Jase

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah but there's a difference in making a change when you're losing 1-0 compared to 2-0 or 3-0 with a bad performance. Main problem with Lampard, IMO, this season was he didn't make or rarely made any tactical changes (and I don't mean like-for-like subs) when the game was going away from us, regardless of whether we were winning, drawing or losing. Southampton at home and Wolves away are 2 games off the top of my head.

That, I agree with.

18 minutes ago, Milan said:

Shame about this one, would have been SOME goal.

Some more stuff

My eyes bleed at that first video when we could have played in Werner early...

Anyway, playing through the press and the others bit are what we saw under Sarri and to an extent under Conte. This is what can happen when we have a manager who implements a structure in the team and coach the players about possession and positional play. It also helps with our counter-pressing if we lose the ball along the way. 

18 hours ago, ZaynChelsea said:

I‘m entitled to my opinion. I support the club, no fake legends.

I saw your reputation and saw it was quite high for your post count, that is why I could never tell whether you were trolling or not, however I have just seen your profile picture now. I know the definite answer now... 🖕🏾

9 minutes ago, Stats said:

I saw your reputation and saw it was quite high for your post count, that is why I could never tell whether you were trolling or not, however I have just seen your profile picture now. I know the definite answer now... 🖕🏾

was uncalled for - apologies

Edited by ZaynChelsea

On 06/03/2021 at 12:17, Stats said:

Honestly bro, that is not true. Arsenal this season he hooked off Werner and Kovacic at H/T. This season against WBA, he took off Alonso and Kovacic at H/T and his changes paid off. Even last season against Arsenal when we won 2-1 at Emirates, he took off Emerson just before the 35th minute and brought on Jorginho because we were getting dominated and that changed the game. Also took off Tomori and put Lamptey on. The changes worked brilliantly. Yes, Tuchel is more of a tactician but let's not just paint out that Lamps was some naive manager who just did not bother to make changes, because he did.

I shouldn't have brought up Lampard, because talking about his inabilities as a coach doesn't sit well with me. He is still a legend of the club.

However he only subbed players off at half time, when the performance was a disaster in the first half. He rarely did it as well, because he usually likes to start subbing players around the 70th minute. When you can clearly see that we needed a goal.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

My only regret is what could have been if we had sacked Lampard in the summer and got Tuchel in. Then again, he wouldn‘t have left Paris in summer probably...man, Frank almost fucked up this season and the next one. So happy our board gets rid off losers as soon as it is obvious that they are failures.

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I want him to start utilising Mount deeper. Would love to see at some point. 

Mendy

Azpilicueta----Thiago Silva-----Christensen

James-----------Mount-----Kovacic---------Chilwell

CHO---------------Werner

Havertz 

Why Werner though? Pulisic is miles better on the left. I have no idea why everyone seems to give Werner a free pass, it's starting to get ridiculous to be honest.

Edited by Azul

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Also you put weaker wing backs. 

Alonso is doing more than Chilwell at the moment. And James is a huge worry in this position. CHO is doing better there and I would try Puli as RWB. 

Incredibly debatable.  And I thought out of all of our attacking combinations, Havertz, Werner and CHO looked the most fluid. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Also you put weaker wing backs. 

Alonso is doing more than Chilwell at the moment. And James is a huge worry in this position. CHO is doing better there and I would try Puli as RWB. 

I thought James was brilliant tonight. Such a beast. CHO is more offensive but James is better defensively and although CHO crossing is good, James crossing for me is better. Both put in top crosses against United that should have been converted tbh. Chilwell also against Liverpool was very effective and I prefer his pace.

Our strikers are useless. 

Tammy, Giroud ( Altough he is a good super sub) and Werner are not good. 

If we can sell Tammy and Werner and get an upgrade to these two we will be good next season. 

But selling Werner might be a no no, but I think he will be another Morata type of striker. Don't want to deal with it.