The Tuchel Thread

Jase

15 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm slowly beginning to think we spent £250m in the horrible way.

Only Mendy has been decent, and even him had his dodgy days. Everybody else has been average or extremely poor.  (Silva is not part of the £250m in case you're wondering).

I thought we would be doing bits by now. Defensively we are better, but up front...we are having the same old problems like last season.

TT needs to do something.

What's shocking is that he hasn't done this already. It's not like our attacking side has been great before he got here! Or has improved since!

His idea of letting the attackers doing whatever they want only works with class players. If we had prime Hazard, Costa and Fabregas his idea could have worked since these lot have individual brilliance.  

None of our forwarder currents have individual brilliance. None. Not Mount, not Abraham, not Kovacic, not Werner....nothing. And the players that should have it, aren't showing it at all (Ziyech/Havertz).

What a disastrous two seasons we are having. Fingers cross that we have something at the end of this season. I'll take that FA Cup.

Buying so many players in one window was always gonna be a problem (all part of trying to "catch up" with the rest after the transfer ban), even more so during a pandemic season. No pre-season. Constantly playing a game every 3-4 days. Injuries. Players getting COVID-19 (one in Havertz in this case). New players struggling to adapt or needing time to settle in England. Put all those factors together and we ended up with what we have seen. Hopefully we will have a slightly more normal season next time and then we can judge the players better, although the Euros being on this summer is not helpful at all. On top of that, this is like maybe the first time or maybe the first time since 2012/13 or 2013/14 that we went out and bought so many young players, players who are not finished articles yet for the first team, which has led to the struggles/inconsistencies with them. Otherwise, we have tended to buy players in their peak, established players who can come in and make an immediate impact. Not really the case last summer.

On 01/03/2021 at 15:48, ZAPHOD2319 said:

through balls (unsuccessfully)  

I think through balls are very good measure of players creativity.

PL this season:

1. Bruno 12

2. KDB 11

3. Salah 9

4. Rodriguez 7

5. Ceballos, Maddison, Pereira 6 

Chelsea full squad 12!!! Same as Bruno!

Kovacic 5, Jorginho, Havertz, Ziyech all 2 and Azpi 1.

Certain attacking midfielder and player with most minutes in the squad this season has 0!🤭

We were much better also in this department last season: Jorginho 16 (only KDB, Maddison and Buendia had more), Kovacic 10, Barkley 6, Willian 5, Pulisic and Pedro 4...

All stats are from official Premier League site.

Edited by NikkiCFC

13 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm slowly beginning to think we spent £250m in the horrible way.

Only Mendy has been decent, and even him had his dodgy days. Everybody else has been average or extremely poor.  (Silva is not part of the £250m in case you're wondering).

I thought we would be doing bits by now. Defensively we are better, but up front...we are having the same old problems like last season.

TT needs to do something.

What's shocking is that he hasn't done this already. It's not like our attacking side has been great before he got here! Or has improved since!

His idea of letting the attackers doing whatever they want only works with class players. If we had prime Hazard, Costa and Fabregas his idea could have worked since these lot have individual brilliance.  

None of our forwarder currents have individual brilliance. None. Not Mount, not Abraham, not Kovacic, not Werner....nothing. And the players that should have it, aren't showing it at all (Ziyech/Havertz).

What a disastrous two seasons we are having. Fingers cross that we have something at the end of this season. I'll take that FA Cup.

Get a grip ffs, what is wrong with you? He didn‘t have any summer preparation and had to jump into a mess left by a clueless PE teacher. How is he supposed to strengthen each area of the team when the team didn‘t get in contact with a proper tactical coach for a long time? Is Tuchel some kind of magician? Blame Lampard for the mess we are in. Tuchel rightly focused on Defence first and I don‘t think we can judge him before summer

46 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think through balls are very good measure of players creativity.

PL this season:

1. Bruno 12

2. KDB 11

3. Salah 9

4. Rodriguez 7

5. Ceballos, Maddison, Pereira 6 

Chelsea full squad 12!!! Same as Bruno!

Kovacic 5, Jorginho, Havertz, Ziyech all 2 and Azpi 1.

Certain attacking midfielder and player with most minutes in the squad this season has 0!🤭

We were much better also in this department last season: Jorginho 16 (only KDB, Maddison and Buendia had more), Kovacic 10, Barkley 6, Willian 5, Pulisic and Pedro 4...

All stats are from official Premier League site.

How many has Mount played? 

Tuchel admits he must earn right to emulate Klopp rebuild at Chelsea

https://www.goal.com/en/news/tuchel-admits-he-must-earn-right-to-emulate-klopp-rebuild-at/1psdkrjwp071f17sjp1whpdsng

“I have to earn it," Tuchel told reporters. "I have to earn it that I can have the same time as Jurgen and Pep.

"This was no gift to them. Everybody in the club saw what they are doing, what impact they can have on teams and on their clubs, in the second step, and this is what I have to prove.

"This is my target and from there on, it’s my job. I have to live every day and every week to make my impact here and to show that I deserve the same amount of time to build teams.

"I have to earn it, I cannot say more, but I don't have the feeling right now that it’s an obstacle at the moment that holds me back from building and showing that I’m capable to do it.”

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tuchel admits he must earn right to emulate Klopp rebuild at Chelsea

https://www.goal.com/en/news/tuchel-admits-he-must-earn-right-to-emulate-klopp-rebuild-at/1psdkrjwp071f17sjp1whpdsng

“I have to earn it," Tuchel told reporters. "I have to earn it that I can have the same time as Jurgen and Pep.

"This was no gift to them. Everybody in the club saw what they are doing, what impact they can have on teams and on their clubs, in the second step, and this is what I have to prove.

"This is my target and from there on, it’s my job. I have to live every day and every week to make my impact here and to show that I deserve the same amount of time to build teams.

"I have to earn it, I cannot say more, but I don't have the feeling right now that it’s an obstacle at the moment that holds me back from building and showing that I’m capable to do it.”

Seems good that Tuchel is realistic enough to know that, instead of going around claiming he needs to be given time for the sake of it. 

Definitely a huge improvement over Lampard. The team now has a clear direction and play with passion and purpose. Even Tuchel body language is different. To other side I can't say I'm a big of this new style. Tuchel is looking more and more Mourinho minus the ego, but right now this team needs results more than anything. 

Credit due. Criticized the style of football but tonight he got it spot on. From defence to attack, he completely done a number on Klopp and we looked good too. Brilliant win. Well done Tuchel.

Think or at least I hope the style and our attacking play will get better next season but the tactical improvement Tuchel has brought in has been immense. Basically night and day when compared to Lampard's regime. Individually and as a team, everyone knows what they are supposed to do now - where to run and attack, where to press and defend, when to counter press etc. Don't think they're always right but Tuchel has also been proactive in making changes - he's made a few changes at HT, changes to help us manage games better (e.g. Kovacic for Mount today) etc even when we're leading. He's always reading the game and trying to make sure we don't lose control. These things are not like WOW but they were so sorely lacking from Lampard.

People who criticise the style have to remember he has not had time to get the players playing his way. His job this season is to stop losses. looking at the managers people compare TT to, I doubt people would criticise his style once he has a chance to implement it. 

I think most Dortmund fans would've taken Tuchel back in a heart beat during the last 3 or even 4 years. He's got an exceptional reputation over here. You have to be careful with predictions like these but if I were to rank the coaches in the EPL currently I'd place him as third behind Guardiola and Klopp although I also think very highly of Bielsa. Interestingly he's like a mixture of those three. In the beginning he was seen as Klopp 2.0 at Mainz, then he developed into a huge Guardiola admirer but he's also less diplomatic than both and can be difficult to work with, like Bielsa (who himeslf was a role model to Guardiola again). So let's see.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/Chelsea-appoint-thomas-tuchel.460442/page-24#post-26892194

Edited by kiwi1691

1 hour ago, ZaynChelsea said:

So when is the real test Tuchel has to pass so we know he is miles better than Lampard? Could somebody please elaborate?

Mate, we know he's a better manager... you can drop it now.