The Tuchel Thread

Jase

26 minutes ago, Fernando said:

This, because we also had spelled where we won with Lampard. 

Remember when he first came in after the United game we went on a run. 

Same with Tuchel. I don't see nothing that is amazing so far, seems more of the same that I seen before. Also another manager that blames the players, throws the players under the bus and we seen how well that goes here.....So for me the beginning of the end for Tuchel after that stunt with CHOI

I just don't get this at all. I remember you were one of those who kept making excuses for Lampard, even after 18 months in charge, and kept saying he should be given time but you are now expecting Tuchel to complete transform the team and solve every bloody problem with this team in 1 month after coming in midway through a crazy season? How is that even fair or logical?

I don't agree with every decision Tuchel has made so far but there's clearly been some minor improvements on how we play - (1) more variations in our attack than just spamming crosses into the box; the finishing and final ball are still lacking but that's another debate. (2) we're pressing and counter pressing much better as a team instead of players just randomly going around putting pressure, thus also getting caught out less on the counter. (3) better organization on and off the ball. Would be crazy to expect Tuchel to make big changes immediately halfway through the season but he's at least ensured a foundation, the organization is put in place.

Regarding CHO, seriously how we see what will happen in the next few games before proclaiming the end of the world for Tuchel? 🙄

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just don't get this at all. I remember you were one of those who kept making excuses for Lampard, even after 18 months in charge, and kept saying he should be given time but you are now expecting Tuchel to complete transform the team and solve every bloody problem with this team in 1 month after coming in midway through a crazy season? How is that even fair or logical?

I don't agree with every decision Tuchel has made so far but there's clearly been some minor improvements on how we play - (1) more variations in our attack than just spamming crosses into the box; the finishing and final ball are still lacking but that's another debate. (2) we're pressing and counter pressing much better as a team instead of players just randomly going around putting pressure, thus also getting caught out less on the counter. (3) better organization on and off the ball. Would be crazy to expect Tuchel to make big changes immediately halfway through the season but he's at least ensured a foundation, the organization is put in place.

Regarding CHO, seriously how we see what will happen in the next few games before proclaiming the end of the world for Tuchel? 🙄

I think the problem are the expectations. Me personally, I think our squad is average and is nowhere near the level that is needed to compete for titles. The only player I see that is world class is a 37 year old Thiago Silva, who does not even need to be coached to be this good. But some people think we have this amazing squad that should even be able to win the PL title this season. I just don't see the potential in our squad.

So if people actually believe we have an amazing squad, our results and our football quality should improve by having a WC coach. The results are better, yes. Were the opponents good? Not really. Do we play good football? Not really. It is normal that results are better after having a new coach for a period of time. 

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I think the problem are the expectations. Me personally, I think our squad is average and is nowhere near the level that is needed to compete for titles. The only player I see that is world class is a 37 year old Thiago Silva, who does not even need to be coached to be this good. But some people think we have this amazing squad that should even be able to win the PL title this season. I just don't see the potential in our squad.

So if people actually believe we have an amazing squad, our results and our football quality should improve by having a WC coach. The results are better, yes. Were the opponents good? Not really. Do we play good football? Not really. It is normal that results are better after having a new coach for a period of time. 

On 21/02/2021 at 00:24, Jason said:

3. I don't think the players we bought last summer are bad. They have their qualities. The problems here are (a) they haven't played long enough together to develop the chemistry/understanding with one another, (b) we do not having a consistent playing style as mentioned above for players to just immediately come in and easily make an impact and (c) none of the players we bought are in their peak and fully established players yet, except maybe Ziyech. All of our academy players are still in their early 20s and so are our recent signings - Havertz, Pulisic, and maybe Werner at a push although he's entering his peak years I guess at 25. Only Ziyech is in his peak age. We have been so used to buying players in their peak, established players in the last decade that this squad development process feels very frustrating and maybe even alien-ish. We are used to seeing players coming in and making instant impact - e.g. Costa and Fabregas. Now, we're having to live through the inconsistency that comes with these younger players and players that's come from different leagues, during a pandemic season no less, while trying to be successful at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

So for me the beginning of the end for Tuchel after that stunt with CHOI

Ohh ffs mate, are you not sick and tired of player power? When is it the players fault? They are being paid so so well the least they can fucking do is muster the damn instructions and show some passion and hunger. You dont do that you dont get to fucking play.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

This, because we also had spelled where we won with Lampard. 

Remember when he first came in after the United game we went on a run. 

Same with Tuchel. I don't see nothing that is amazing so far, seems more of the same that I seen before. Also another manager that blames the players, throws the players under the bus and we seen how well that goes here.....So for me the beginning of the end for Tuchel after that stunt with CHOI

TT is doing much better than the shower of shit fraud Lampard. He should fk off to City like last time and play the assistant fanny over there. Shitty PE teacher he is.

13 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

TT is doing much better than the shower of shit fraud Lampard. He should fk off to City like last time and play the assistant fanny over there. Shitty PE teacher he is.

Hahahahahaha 

Don't you have anything better to do than just insult the greatest player of our history in every post you make? I mean, I haven't even read a post in a while from you that did not have an insult towards Lampard

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I gave Lampard until November-January. After that I agreed with most here that he should be gone or wait till summer to get Nagelsmann. Why? because even if we draw or lost we should have seen some progress but there was none. We had no clue about what direction we was going. 

So yes it was not good to continue with him. 

With Tuchel I'm still on the fence in regards to progress. I think we just got the new manager bounce that we often tend to get. The next coming weeks we shall see what he has. 

But I still think what he did to CHO is reckless. Player power will always continue to be big at this club because there is no stability. The players know that and the board finds it easier to sack a manger then an entire team. So what he did with CHO is not going to sit well in the coming months. 

54 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Ohh ffs mate, are you not sick and tired of player power? When is it the players fault? They are being paid so so well the least they can fucking do is muster the damn instructions and show some passion and hunger. You dont do that you dont get to fucking play.

I don't think player power is ever going away. As long as we have Roman, it will always be here. 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

But I still think what he did to CHO is reckless. Player power will always continue to be big at this club because there is no stability. The players know that and the board finds it easier to sack a manger then an entire team. So what he did with CHO is not going to sit well in the coming months. 

We won't know for sure until we see what happens in the next few games. Yes, it can go south but it can also go well. If CHO goes on to do better and prove Tuchel wrong, then what?

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

I don't think player power is ever going away. As long as we have Roman, it will always be here. 

Its about damn time something is done about it, I might understand it when the manager is done for, otherwise man up and deliver.

14 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

I‘m all for player power, it has delivered us more trophies than any other team in London in recent years. Sacking managers has made us more successful than clubs like Arsenal which stuck too long to their manager

The trophy count is impressive but on the flip side, it has left us with a squad that has not been able to develop in any way, like the squad under Mourinho back in 2004. We are looking far away from being able to challenge Man City and maybe even Liverpool consistently for the title and ironically, each of those clubs have a manager that's been there for years. The last time we challenged for the league title was also when we last won it. Since then, our league finish has been 5th, 3rd, 4th. We have gone from title challengers to just top 4 scrapers. And not to mention, we haven't gone past the Champions League Round of 16 since 2014. We may be more successful than Arsenal in recent years in terms of trophies but otherwise, we're becoming like them, becoming what they were known for in the latter years of Wenger's regime - only fighting for the Top 4 and getting knocked out of Champions League Round of 16.

7 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Give this man a fucking extension, feels so good to have a coach after almost 2 years of nothing. Frank might single handedly cost us a CL place next season, should've been sacked long ago.

Don't fall in love with managers