Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Tuchel Thread

Followers 2

Give this man a fucking extension, feels so good to have a coach after almost 2 years of nothing. Frank might single handedly cost us a CL place next season, should've been sacked long ago.

• Like 1
  • Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took us from 10th to finishing 4th. This has to be credited. Yes, we lost the final game but he gave us the chance to fight for the top 4 after that Lampard fiasco. And we did it. With luck. Again. Ju

A manager taking responsibility? Preposterous!

Unless we completely lose the plot and results go south in these last few weeks of the season, sacking Tuchel just because we don't get Top 4 would be a fucking stupid decision from the board...again.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Give this man a fucking extension, feels so good to have a coach after almost 2 years of nothing. Frank might single handedly cost us a CL place next season, should've been sacked long ago.

Don't fall in love with managers

You gotta give credit where credit’s due. 

Pretty sure most of us didn’t think we will beat Atletico in the first leg.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

That‘s how it feels to have a proper coach instead of a shower of shit PE teacher fraud.

Is it too much for you to just maybe have a bit more respect towards Lampard, regardless of his time as a manager here?

Continue to be aggressive/insulting towards him and don't be surprised if we drop the ban hammer on you.

• Like 4

Credit to Tuchel (and the team) for getting it right tonight.

But let's not get carried away just yet. It's only the first leg and Tuchel has a history of bottling the tie in the second leg...

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

That‘s how it feels to have a proper coach instead of a shower of shit PE teacher fraud.

I'll hold this back for a little while. Too early to say.

Also there's a thing called honeymoon period. Seen it with Sarri, seen it with Lampard.

Edited by Mana
  • Like 1

PSG, City and Bayern are only teams that worry me in the CL. Avoid them in the next round. Dortmund would be great or Porto if they get result against Juve, but Juve is nothing special either.

Ofc lets first finish the job at SB.

If we win CL I would not care if we finish 6th...

Dont forget, our 3 best campaigns in the CL came when we changed managers in the middle of the season. RDM, Grant, Hiddink.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

A manager taking responsibility? Preposterous!

Tuchel's full quote:

“No, it was not [that we saved Giroud for Atlético]. We thought long and hard about putting him in [against Southampton]. It was clearly a possibility that he starts against Southampton [after scoring versus Newcastle], then we analysed them and they are a very aggressive team and they press and play high up the pitch. So we expected more spaces behind the last line and we wanted more runs from deep.

“I had only three changes because in our league it is only possible to have three changes. I wasn’t too happy in my decisions in the game against Southampton.

“Maybe we missed the opportunity to bring him on at the end. But then I can say I saved him for today.”

@OneMoSalah I was right. 😛

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Mana said:

I'll hold this back for a little while. Too early to say.

Also there's a thing called honeymoon period. Seen it with Sarri, seen it with Lampard.

I think we have to accept it - You will never be happy

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Strike said:

We look much more organized. Under Lampard, there was no visible style of play, no tactics, no strategy. The players were fed up of him. Tuchel didn‘t even have a whole summer yet and still we look more organized than in all the time before. 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

How can I be happy? I'll be happy when the standards of this football club is back to where it was again.

We are on the verge for the first time in the Roman era not to have a trophy in 2 consecutive seasons. Not that we are entitled to have a trophy, but I'm showing you how far we have fallen. 

We spent 200m+ and we still scrapping top 4. And you expect me to be happy?

TT has put us on the map for top 4 again and that's brilliant, but until I see consistency of good football, I'll remain sceptical.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Mana said:

How can I be happy? I'll be happy when the standards of this football club is back to where it was again.

We are on the verge for the first time in the Roman era not to have a trophy in 2 consecutive seasons. Not that we are entitled to have a trophy, but I'm showing you how far we have fallen. 

We spent 200m+ and we still scrapping top 4. And you expect me to be happy?

TT has put us on the map for top 4 again and that's brilliant, but until I see consistency of good football, I'll remain sceptical.

Who put us into this mess? And who is the one who has to clean up the garbage of the predecessor?