The Tuchel Thread

Jase

Again, I’m not really all that worried about any of the actual coaching with Potter. The whole “he doesn’t have experience at the top level” stuff is overblown. You see with the way his team performs against all the big PL sides that he does the scouting work and puts together a great tactical plan to have a small club like Brighton going toe to toe with teams far beyond their financial standing.

What we have to be concerned about is whether all of these star players embrace him and respect him. 

Matt Law is detailing that Tuchel pretty much refused to embrace any of the changes that Clearlake were trying to make to bring a more collaborative approach to Chelsea. Tuchel wanted to be isolated to do his own thing and was not cooperating with them on transfers. The speculation that the players went to the board is wrong. It was a rift between the owners and Tuchel.

58 minutes ago, Seymop said:

As I said previously I'm intrigued whether Potter can take that step and I'm intrigued on how the ownership structures us in the future and supports him. Hopefully it's the start of something great but it is definitely a huge move away from what we've been accustomed to for the last couple of decades.

now that’s the million question !! Potter wouldn’t have been my choice, but if it’s a done deal we have to get the prayer mat out and get behind him.

But of course it’s not really about us. It’s the players who have to buy in to him (and will they ?) and will future potential big name signings want play for him ? I guess only time will tell.

How's that a move away from anything we've seen so far? Sacking manager after 1.5 years and marketing spiel about building for long-term from now on is literally third time it happens in last 6 years. Only difference Potter looks like smallest name of recent ones and I wonder what will happen in transfer window, since in recent one a lot of people blamed boards failure on Tuchel having "no pull as a manager". 

Plus, Boehly's BS just contradicts itself - hiring like of Potter is supposed to build grassroots club's identity from ground up, but Tuchel was sacked for not applauding owner's "ambition" in a form of trying to hire CR7?  

Edited by Vegetable

1 minute ago, milka said:

Strange speculative article. Given the circumstances, I doubt I would want to wade into this publically. I can contact Tuchel privately and not need to deal with the media.

19 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

The depressing defeatist attitude from some of you because we're not bringing in a fancy name is grim. Let the guy have a chance ffs. His sides play really good stuff. He's tactically savvy and not afraid to change up his set up when it's not working. There has been a host of "big names" who've come in before and done nout. Let's not start griping before He's even arrived. What am I talking about....look who I'm talking to 

You could say that about literally anyone. Potter is ass 

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Matt Law is detailing that Tuchel pretty much refused to embrace any of the changes that Clearlake were trying to make to bring a more collaborative approach to Chelsea. Tuchel wanted to be isolated to do his own thing and was not cooperating with them on transfers. The speculation that the players went to the board is wrong. It was a rift between the owners and Tuchel.

isn't this how he got sacked at PSG?