The Tuchel Thread

Jase

3 hours ago, HEREIAM said:

I would like to know what some of the other reasons were

I was not against Tuchel being sacked

we were playing like shit and I saw nothing to give me hope that would change

I thought Potter could handle it all, but he is on thin ice 

I have never in my life seen a team so dependent on one player AND that player is a fullback (Reece, of course) in order to play well

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I have never in my life seen a team so dependent on one player AND that player is a fullback (Reece, of course) in order to play well

It really is odd. 

I don't think we've missed Drogba or Hazard (when they played for us) the same way we miss James.

Much better squads back then.

11 hours ago, HEREIAM said:

Similarly I think Todd Boehly has proven that the way he operates also “makes peoples eyes water”.

I don’t think either are blameless for the whole situation that occurred but currently one of them looks incredibly incredibly stupid and the other not so much. I’ll let yous figure out who's who.

In fact Tuchel’s decision to be a bit less collaborative re transfers etc and more wanting to focus on the coaching side of things was probably justified in all honesty. 

• 2 months later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11843571/Thomas-Tuchel-Chelsea-sack-reasons-allegedly-revealed-email.html

Chelsea sacked manager Thomas Tuchel 'for mysterious off-the-field reasons', email from his ex-wife claims - as he seeks injunction to stop her publishing it 

Edited by NikkiCFC

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11843571/Thomas-Tuchel-Chelsea-sack-reasons-allegedly-revealed-email.html

Chelsea sacked manager Thomas Tuchel 'for mysterious off-the-field reasons', email from his ex-wife claims - as he seeks injunction to stop her publishing it 

I remember Simon Jordan saying on TS that he heard something about TT and that Chelsea were right to get rid of instantly. 

Seems whatever it is, he is trying to suppress it from becoming public. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I remember Simon Jordan saying on TS that he heard something about TT and that Chelsea were right to get rid of instantly. 

Seems whatever it is, he is trying to suppress it from becoming public. 

The rumours are that he loves a nose beer

19 minutes ago, Superblue said:

If that was true, it would certainly fit with what Simon Jordan has said on TalkSport

While it is possible , I don’t think it’s true. Too difficult to hide right under the noses of the very nosy media . 

TT having lost the dressing room and his private life playing a part in his work as well as being a distraction and dent in his authority seems more probable. Totally can see this mentally weak squad obsessing about gossip. Also TT always had his favourite players and those he likes less. He always either falls out with a slowly but steadily growing number of players or his relationship with the executives goes sour once his temper gets strained by results going south. In Germany everyone looked on in astonishment how TT had matured in Paris in London. But you can only change your personality so much in a few years. 

in Dortmund and Mainz he was viewed as a totally fragile genius like Beethoven. This extremely personable, sanguine and professional side he showed mostly during his time here was something completely new. I think Marina and Petr really understood him,  gave him a suitable working environment taking care of the rest while Todd‘s inclusive approach and lack of experience clearly deterred TT. While I can see a single bust up being the trigger for his sack the unlucky conjunction of the aforementioned factors was probably why his days were numbered 

Interesting. Wonder what it is.

I mean if its about his private life though then it also begs the question, how bad is it to have been a hugely deciding factor that caused the club to sack him? I mean its not as if we haven’t had scandals before regarding private lives. For example, the Terry-Bridge situation and that was a pretty intense event at the time due to media coverage of it so it would have to be vastly catastrophic you’d of thought. Even the whole Abramovich-Putin links and sanction talks after that nerve agent attack however many years ago and then Russia-Ukraine more recently. Was a lot of noise and ultimately led to Boehly & co taking over. Eventually.

Theres talk that at this hearing in Munich, there is a lot of doubt about how true his ex-wife’s claims are. She had apparently put them in an email and sent it to him (to blackmail him maybe?) but I suppose we will see how it unfolds. Maybe she was jealous because he’s moved on as I think its been heavily journalised in most British papers since his divorce? Or maybe she does have something that Thomas did that is truly despicable, who knows? I suppose either way the injunction could be a form of damage control because even if these things are untrue, people may think what if he did? Maybe damage his reputation and affect him getting future employment? 

That last season was hugely uncomfortable for him. The Lukaku interview, his marriage falling apart & divorce, the Russia-Ukraine questions, sanctions questions, ownership questions, will the club seize to exist etc all in the space of say 2 or 3 months so I think whatever the reasons, these things maybe contributed and wound him up. But until we know what the reasons are 100%, its only speculation. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What happened to the rumours about TT having had an affair with a female staff member at the club? I'm pretty sure I initially heard that rumour when someone mentioned it here.

Never heard that. At all. But who knows - hard to speculate now because its just been said to be about his private life so could mean anything. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What happened to the rumours about TT having had an affair with a female staff member at the club? I'm pretty sure I initially heard that rumour when someone mentioned it here.

Marina? 👀

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Never heard that. At all. But who knows - hard to speculate now because its just been said to be about his private life so could mean anything. 

Maybe I 'heard' it elsewhere then but, since I don't read newspapers or follow twitter, most of the Chelsea rumours I 'hear' come from here.

• 3 weeks later...

“It was a shock,” Tuchel said on Friday. “I felt it, strangely, when I drove to the training centre. The meeting we had felt unusual – and it turned out to be a very short meeting. It was 8am, or something, and it lasted three to five minutes. I was also not in the mood to talk longer.

“The decision had been made and, honestly, it was a shock for all of us. We had a feeling that we were in the right spot at the right time. We felt that we could achieve big things and we wanted to stay longer. We had big relationships, huge relationships within the staff. We still do. How long did it take me to get over? It still hurts in a way.

“We built an extraordinary bond in the circumstances. We started there during Covid, during Brexit – then came the change of ownership. We were a strong, strong group. It wasn’t in my hands to take this decision. I was no longer part of a group that felt like a family.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/31/Chelsea-anthony-barrys-bayern-munich-delay-champions-league-thomas-tuchel

Likewise I was also shock. Still don't understand the decision with Todd of getting rid of him and go with Potter. Dumbest move ever....well close to, because signing Lukaku was the biggest ever and that came before him...