The Tuchel Thread

Jase

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I would say Potter right now is the equivalent to Tuchel when he first took over Dortmund. 

Tuchel took Mainz from the bottom of the table to the Europa League. Potter took Ostersund back to back promotions and then got them to the Europa League. 

Sorry I don't think their resumes are comparable

2015–2017 Borussia Dortmund
2018–2020 Paris Saint-Germain
2021–2022 Chelsea
Edited by robsblubot

Just now, robsblubot said:

Sorry I don't think their resumes are comparable

2015–2017 Borussia Dortmund
2018–2020 Paris Saint-Germain
2021–2022 Chelsea

Nor did I say they were. I said when Tuchel first joined Dortmund, both Tuchel and Potter had similar managing histories prior. Taking a lower level club to the Europa league. In Potter's case, he won back to back promotions before doing so. 

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Nor did I say they were. I said when Tuchel first joined Dortmund, both Tuchel and Potter had similar managing histories prior. Taking a lower level club to the Europa league. In Potter's case, he won back to back promotions before doing so. 

fair enough, so the clear step missing here is the mid-size club. And Chelsea was also the second big club for Tuchel.

It usually makes a huge difference in the interaction with players as alluded so by others here.

Anyway, it's done deal, so now just hope the gamble works to some degree.

Edited by robsblubot

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I would say Potter right now is the equivalent to Tuchel when he first took over Dortmund. 

Tuchel took Mainz from the bottom of the table to the Europa League. Potter took Ostersund back to back promotions and then got them to the Europa League. 

I am sorry but what? 🤣

The situations aren’t even removedly close. Or comparable because the levels are different. 

3 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Look at this guy please. Not only does he REALLY thank him, our best player by far is apologising to him for not being of more help. 

It is a privilege to have this guy at our club. 

Lampard deserves a lot of credit here. He brought in Thiago Silva, and also integrated James and Mount 

Going by that Athletic article - Tuchel was making far more sense than the owners in terms of the transfers. The club has briefed all journalists and Tuchel's version of things is not out there as much. But it seems, Tuchel wanted Matthijs de Ligt, Raphinha, Frenkie de Jong and Presnel Kimpembe. He did not want Kounde and Ronaldo which were broadly the right decisions for me.

The communication breakdown between owners and Tuchel is a serious issue and it seems to be over Tuchel not wanting to take up a lot of the recruitment responsibilities and instead focus on the coaching part. Here, Tuchel should have stepped up - He did not have the same energy in the summer to sync up with the new structure and instead talked about missing Petr Cech and how he's not liking recruitment

I can understand the club's decision to sack Tuchel but Todd and co. are accountable from now on. They have to hold up to their ideals of long-term vision and planning at least with Potter.

35 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

And he was OK with Abu who'd be more like Lukaku (pure 9) than Jesus? does not make a lot of sense.

He only got there at the end of the window, just like he did not think we needed a midfielder. I like Tuchel and respect him, but he really screwed up our window not knowing what he needed. There were much better options early. I am not absolving Boehly either, bot of them were like Keystone Cops, but Tuchel has loads of experience. Boehly was doing the best he could with no experience.

36 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

And he was OK with Abu who'd be more like Lukaku (pure 9) than Jesus? does not make a lot of sense.

It's clear auba wasn't a TT signing, easy to presume with him managing him before but he was a swap deal with alonso who wanted to go, so an open opportunity is there for a number 9, if they planned of getting rid of him didn't really matter if he wanted a 9 or not.

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It was said with the early rumours that he changed his mind about not wanting a 9 after we failed to get the likes of Dembele, Raphinha, Leao, probably because he wanted new attackers in at all costs and get rid of useless turds like Ziyech.

I wouldn't class dembele and raphinha as fails because they only wanted Barca and Barca was willing to sign both, some times money isn't enough on the other hand leao for 150m is white jacket padded room material. 

43 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It was said with the early rumours that he changed his mind about not wanting a 9 after we failed to get the likes of Dembele, Raphinha, Leao, probably because he wanted new attackers in at all costs and get rid of useless turds like Ziyech.

Makes sense. On the other hand, Jesus is basically a false 9 and has played just as much as a winger.

I find it strange because on paper it seems Jesus would fit Tuchel's game perfectly. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Makes sense. On the other hand, Jesus is basically a false 9 and has played just as much as a winger.

I find it strange because on paper it seems Jesus would fit Tuchel's game perfectly. 🤷‍♂️

It's probably more down to the fact that the club & Tuchel wanted Raphinha badly for that right flank role and they didn't really go after any other attacking options till it was too late in the window. 

Arsenal also enquired about Raphinha and bid on him but they went for alternative options as soon as they were told that the player would wait for a Barcelona bid.  They had a clear run at Jesus after he rejected Spurs.