The Tuchel Thread

Jase

23 minutes ago, Kong said:

As long as his intelligence is better than your posts we should be ok 👍

That’s a pretty low standard to beat. Won’t be enough for top 4

Edited by lucio

2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Oh god 😂

Now thats Potter basically confirmed, lets hope he can get going quickly. Although with some of these players, its going to be a process to extract something out of them as a lot are either not bothered, very very out of form or some of them nowhere near it (RLC, Ziyech, Pulisic are 3 who will undoubtedly get another shot due tot the new manager appointment and the usual “I can get more from him” thinking despite the 3 of them being nowhere near the level required here).

(Side note - if Pulisic is still here by the start of the next season then it will be for one of two reasons, 1 highly probable and 1 highly unrealistic. Highly probable being his US nationality for marketing potential which aligns with new ownerships ambition to improve and grow the marketability of the club and then, the highly unrealistic one being he’s somehow able to perform to a high standard for more than 3 games in a 18 month period and doesn’t get injured most of the time he participates in a game or training… which we know isn’t happening). 

GP has a lot to adapt to in terms of the lack of footballing infrastructure compared to what Brighton had in place, bigger ambitions, bigger player egos to manage and ultimately by the looks of it, a much more ruthless owner who has just shown he isn’t afraid to pull the plug on things despite the fact it is known that he doesn’t have a lot of very knowledgeable football people in place compared to other elite level clubs. It’ll certainly be interesting….

On 07/09/2022 at 17:34, bigbluewillie said:

Can someone tell me why English managers are shit, apart from Potter?

There's not been a decent one since Cloughie and Bob Paisley, so what's that 30 40 years.

English mangers have been, and still are a joke, compared to the rest of Europe.

Bobby Robson,Terry Venables.even Harry Redknapp(when considering his work at West Ham and Pompey)i’d say were decent.

i wouldnt say English managers are the joke of Europe,as that continent is bigger than the few say 5 or 6 countries (including Scotland) that produces better coaches and they come from countries whose top divisions don’t hire coaches from abroad so much because the attraction to coach there isnt so high as it is to coach in England.so say each of those countries have 80-90% homegrown coaches.obviously the more that are produced the higher number that succeed. Most of the top English clubs are foreign owned and know coaches from all over the world are open to joining them,so the desire to look at homegrown coaches is reduced as is the number that are produced.

This has Moyes to Manchester United vibes. What I do not get at all is the timing. Be up front and change the manager after the season ends, gives time to adapt to the new system and have a meaningful pre-season. While I do think this might give Chelsea a boost with regards to performances and even results short-term, I'm rather pessimistic on the long term outlook. Hope I'm wrong and good luck nevertheless.

Edited by MetsajCFC

Tuchel immediately saw the obvious: that this squad couldn't play as equals against the other big clubs esp in CL.

So, he made the team "run like dogs" (not only Werner) so to be able to match up with the top sides who have more quality than us, esp up front.

It's very difficult to keep running rich-entitled footballers into the ground. They eventually grow to dislike the person demanding sacrifices, the man in charge. This is not much different from what happened with Mourinho, for ex. I guess that is why Pep and Klopp are the top managers out there -- they keep players happy and engaged and still demand sacrifices.

Unfortunately, I agree with Tuchel in that that's the only way this team could have won. Now, with the loss of key players and questionable replacements, I don't think this team can be competitive at all.... top 4 is the only "silverware" that is attainable -- maybe a cup?

The new manager is a nobody... it used to take some level of success for managers to get a shot at a big club. That does not mean he will fail, but does make it a huge gamble.

23 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

The new manager is a nobody... it used to take some level of success for managers to get a shot at a big club. That does not mean he will fail, but does make it a huge gamble.

I would say Potter right now is the equivalent to Tuchel when he first took over Dortmund. 

Tuchel took Mainz from the bottom of the table to the Europa League. Potter took Ostersund back to back promotions and then got them to the Europa League.