The Tuchel Thread

Jase

I have pinpointed the weakness.
It's slow motion football and it's not the fault of Ziyech or Sterling as such when they find space to take a shot once in a blue moon.
We had this problem under Mou even in the championship season 2014-15. Also during Conte's second season and lately under Lampard-Tuchel.
Eden Hazard's departure made things more difficult.
I don't know if a new manager will solve it in the coming weeks or months.

Edited by cosmicway

Ruthlessness is when we want to make harsh stupid decisions sound cool and edgy.

Still makes no sense to upend work over and over again… sorry if you don’t see that then you don’t really know how “football” is made.

the most successful clubs in the world simply do not roll that way. And that’s for a very good reason.

We've basically been on a nearly constant downhill slope for more than a season now, with barely any signs of progress. To be honest we've probably been playing our worst football we've played under TT these last few games. Obviously its always a gamble to sack a generally beloved manager, who achieved sth with the club, and we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out. But calling the decision rash or unwarranted i can't subscribe to, considering the trend we're on and the time we've been on it already.

Edited by Artandur

46 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Ruthlessness is when we want to make harsh stupid decisions sound cool and edgy.

Still makes no sense to upend work over and over again… sorry if you don’t see that then you don’t really know how “football” is made.

the most successful clubs in the world simply do not roll that way. And that’s for a very good reason.

The most successful clubs tend to play their way out of issues and it doesn't look this bad and disjointed game after game after game. 

I really did think that the writing was on the wall after that horrid performance vs Southampton (like it was the same team that huffed & puffed against United but they couldn't do anything and they literally walked through our defense like they were wearing an invisibility cloak!)

Wonder if Tuchel's overall relationship with his 'attackers'....Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner all frustrated, Lukaku showing off his ego, Havertz being allergic to finishing...ended up costing him his job. 

Biggest concern with Graham Potter is that lack of experience at the top level. 

He's clearly a very good coach and everything I've read and heard about him suggests he's one of the best around with regards to his man management and instilling confidence and belief in his players.

I just worry a little bit if we find ourselves in a race for the top 4, or even a title challenge, it's an alien position for him. We as a club have been so used to a plethora of top name, experienced managers who can fall back on their own previous experiences. Even in the case of Lampard, whilst he didn't have those experiences as a manager he could at least still call on his experiences in those situations as a player. No doubts in my mind, if this was the old ownership then Poch or Zidane would be well above Potter in the wanted list.

It is something we will need to be prepared for as Potter has absolutely no experience throughout his playing or managerial career of these top level situations. Arsenal have experienced similar with Arteta (who at the very least had a top level playing career himself and experience as a coach under Pep) and are having to trust a process which besides an FA Cup win hasn't bore the fruit they desire yet. 

As I said previously I'm intrigued whether Potter can take that step and I'm intrigued on how the ownership structures us in the future and supports him. Hopefully it's the start of something great but it is definitely a huge move away from what we've been accustomed to for the last couple of decades.

12 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Not entirely true is it? the threshold at Chelsea seems to be unique amongst the big clubs in the PL.

Liverpool understood Klopp when he lost VVD for a season and ended up chasing nothing.

Reckon what happen at Chelsea was far worse than that considering it *also* included losing a key player.

They were still playing good football. Nobody really enjoyed the football TT was playing lately

As I said previously I'm intrigued whether Potter can take that step and I'm intrigued on how the ownership structures us in the future and supports him. Hopefully it's the start of something great but it is definitely a huge move away from what we've been accustomed to for the last couple of decades.

now that’s the million question !! Potter wouldn’t have been my choice, but if it’s a done deal we have to get the prayer mat out and get behind him.

But of course it’s not really about us. It’s the players who have to buy in to him (and will they ?) and will future potential big name signings want play for him ? I guess only time will tell.