The Tuchel Thread

Jase

On 31/03/2023 at 12:03, NikkiCFC said:

Tuchel was not competitive in 3 different seasons in PL. Top4 was maximum. That's it. 

The squad we had was really only capable of top 4 though on paper, every time these type of comments come up I am not entirely sure what people were expecting?

Theres no doubt Tuchel tactically and mentally gave us that bit more I think and in the CL run I think he played a much much bigger role than any of the players. I really think his experience in losing the CL final the previous season drove him and us and the competitive nature of the side in that run was hugely impressive. The groups mentality in that run up, was no doubt hugely influenced by him. I mean how many finals did we make with him? How many big games did we roll our sleeves up in and go on and win/get points where we wouldn’t have under previous managers? I don’t think people Will ever truly appreciate Tuchel’s time here fully firstly, because of the mystery surrounding why he left and second , maybe more importantly, because we couldn’t get between City and Liverpool. Despite having a manager on Klopp and Pep’s level it takes more than just an elite level manager unfortunately.

And look at whereabouts we are without him, if you don’t think he was competitive enough in 3 seasons here then I don’t know. I don’t think its any surprise TT has walked into one of the most prestigious jobs in world football at one of the best run clubs of the past 25 years.

Unfortunately we have really only been a club that has predominantly been “competitive enough” just to make the top 4 without challenging for the title since about 2011-12, barring the 2 league wins under Jose and Conte. So again, what did people want him to do? Even more so when you consider the juggernaut City and Liverpool sides of the last 5 years. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

On 01/04/2023 at 00:03, NikkiCFC said:

Tuchel was not competitive in 3 different seasons in PL. Top4 was maximum. That's it. 

first half a season he catapulted us up from mid table to top 4, only city picked up more points in that time i believe.

2nd season we were challenging for the title until lukaku and russia drama derailed the season.

3rd season he got a handful of games.

On 03/04/2023 at 04:55, OneMoSalah said:

The squad we had was really only capable of top 4 though on paper, every time these type of comments come up I am not entirely sure what people were expecting?

Theres no doubt Tuchel tactically and mentally gave us that bit more I think and in the CL run I think he played a much much bigger role than any of the players. I really think his experience in losing the CL final the previous season drove him and us and the competitive nature of the side in that run was hugely impressive. The groups mentality in that run up, was no doubt hugely influenced by him. I mean how many finals did we make with him? How many big games did we roll our sleeves up in and go on and win/get points where we wouldn’t have under previous managers? I don’t think people Will ever truly appreciate Tuchel’s time here fully firstly, because of the mystery surrounding why he left and second , maybe more importantly, because we couldn’t get between City and Liverpool. Despite having a manager on Klopp and Pep’s level it takes more than just an elite level manager unfortunately.

And look at whereabouts we are without him, if you don’t think he was competitive enough in 3 seasons here then I don’t know. I don’t think its any surprise TT has walked into one of the most prestigious jobs in world football at one of the best run clubs of the past 25 years.

Unfortunately we have really only been a club that has predominantly been “competitive enough” just to make the top 4 without challenging for the title since about 2011-12, barring the 2 league wins under Jose and Conte. So again, what did people want him to do? Even more so when you consider the juggernaut City and Liverpool sides of the last 5 years. 

On 03/04/2023 at 05:09, lucio said:

first half a season he catapulted us up from mid table to top 4, only city picked up more points in that time i believe.

2nd season we were challenging for the title until lukaku and russia drama derailed the season.

3rd season he got a handful of games.

I expected him to build on that CL win. We had best defense on the planet, barely conceding goals which is on him but no progress was ever made in attack. And defense got worse in second season. We were regressing. Absolutely nothing suggested he would change things in the future. Was backed with money from both Roman and Boehly. All the transfers in his time were questionable. Just doesn't seem like long term manager. In PSG also was on a track not to win title in season 3 which is very bad and happened in the end. Tuchel and Poch share responsibility for that. Let's see how he does in Munich but tonight was big blow in Cup. 

12 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I expected him to build on that CL win. We had best defense on the planet, barely conceding goals which is on him but no progress was ever made in attack. And defense got worse in second season. We were regressing. Absolutely nothing suggested he would change things in the future. Was backed with money from both Roman and Boehly. All the transfers in his time were questionable. Just doesn't seem like long term manager. In PSG also was on a track not to win title in season 3 which is very bad and happened in the end. Tuchel and Poch share responsibility for that. Let's see how he does in Munich but tonight was big blow in Cup. 

Expected him to build on CL? Nobody expected us to win the CL at all as it was.

Not sure what planet your on but the first half of the season we were first before Lukaku’s interview, ownership issues and inconsistencies from the same inconsistent players we have now…. he even changed it back tactically dropping Lukaku for Havertz and reverting back to what we were in the last season but sure he should of won every trophy in his spell, despite the fact he made what 6 cup finals? Winning 3?

I suppose the next manager has to win every trophy every season to please you.

PSG made a mistake sacking him, as did we, clearly. But sure….. he ended up in Munich by luck? He will more than likely win more trophies in the next 2.5 years than we will - but undoubtedly he “should have done more here” even with everything else that was going on in the background the last yesr.

Talk about ungrateful  🤣

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Will be remembered as a guy who failed to win titles with both Bayern and PSG. Must be the most embarrassing thing ever. 

Don't speak too soon. They have to beat Augsburg first. No Bellingham also. Last time they had the chance to end the weekend on top, they blew it against Bochum couple weeks ago or so. Hope they do win though. Would be great for football if they win the league.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Don't speak too soon. They have to beat Augsburg first. No Bellingham also. Last time they had the chance to end the weekend on top, they blew it against Bochum couple weeks ago or so. Hope they do win though. Would be great for football if they win the league.

they also have to beat Mainz on the last day

Edited by Vesper

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they also have to beat Mainz on the last day

Mainz is not the problem. They conceded 13 goals in their last 4 matches. 

The problem for Dortmund is Augsburg away - only won 1 of their last 7 games there. 

Edited by Gundalf

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

Mainz is not the problem. They conceded 13 goals in their last 4 matches. 

The problem for Dortmund is Augsburg away - only won 1 of their last 7 games there. 

nil 3 Dortmund over Augsburg

Bayern's problems clearly existed before Tuchel, otherwise why would they remove Nagelsmann 2 months before the end.

It's like saying that Lampard is the reason for our memorable season.

1 minute ago, milka said:

Bayern's problems clearly existed before Tuchel, otherwise why would they remove Nagelsmann 2 months before the end.

Well I heard people here saying that if we had installed a world class coach after Potter we would have turned the thing around since world class coaches like Tuchel always have an immediate impact. 

15 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Well I heard people here saying that if we had installed a world class coach after Potter we would have turned the thing around since world class coaches like Tuchel always have an immediate impact. 

Why you'd think it's not true? Sacking Tuchel was sabotage, appointing Potter was sabotage, but salvagable until certain point. Keeping him for so long only left the barren ground here. Appointing Poch will mean we are settling few levels below of what we were aiming before.

Difference is, we have long lasting structure problems and our owners seem clueless, but with good intentions. Bayern on the other hand is own kind of shithousery, with having zero competition in easy league and financial handicap, yet two funny, clueless people with egos shooting to the moon behind the wheel and I'm still amazed to this day Tuchel decided to step his foot in there. The common denominator is both clubs have toxic atmosphere and internal conflicts due to clueless people in executive positions. Still, in our case, it could be patched up if mitigated early.

51 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

There's a difference between having an impact and just throwing away the rest of the season.

Because that's what Lampards appointment has done.

Replacing Potter with an even worse manager might make Potter look better, but the fact is that they're both terrible 

43 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Why you'd think it's not true? Sacking Tuchel was sabotage, appointing Potter was sabotage, but salvagable until certain point. Keeping him for so long only left the barren ground here. Appointing Poch will mean we are settling few levels below of what we were aiming before.

Difference is, we have long lasting structure problems and our owners seem clueless, but with good intentions. Bayern on the other hand is own kind of shithousery, with having zero competition in easy league and financial handicap, yet two funny, clueless people with egos shooting to the moon behind the wheel and I'm still amazed to this day Tuchel decided to step his foot in there. The common denominator is both clubs have toxic atmosphere and internal conflicts due to clueless people in executive positions. Still, in our case, it could be patched up if mitigated early.

Tuchel at Bayern just shows the opposite. They fired Nagelsmann bc their titles were in danger, Tuchel lost them all, didnt make them better a bit, even got them worse. Installing Poch instead of Lampard would have ended in tears as well. If the structure is in shambles u can appoint any manager in the world, it wont work. So appointing a Poch or someone else before they fix the structure is just pointless. The mistakes of this season have been made earlier, in the summer, u cant just fix them while the season is going. This is also the reason why they dont announce Poch before the season ends. There was nothing to save, this season was thrown away in the summer. 

1 hour ago, milka said:

Bayern is far worse under Tuchel than under Nagelsmann

it isn't even close

and Lampard is by far the worst manager we have had in ages

Potter 2nd