• Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)

49 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

tbf Moutn despite being played in his best posession looked average af IMO. he misplaced a ton of passes,underhit mostly which would have sent other players through on goal. he really needs to work on his passing. Also i dont like his selfish shooting. he has very little shot power so he needs to place his shots better

My God. The bias. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

Yeah, I'm exaggerating a bit, but apart from Liverpool's fullbacks, I don't think there's a better pair in the league. What do you reckon?

Reece might not be as much of a cheat code with his crossing as TAA is but he's far better defensively, and will continue to grow defensively. I've always held the belief that Reece can be better than TAA simply because he's more complete, but I am aware that TAA has performed amazingly, especially in the previous two seasons for Pool, but that's mostly because he was also playing in a superstar team with a fantastic manager. Reece has some catching up to do but player v player, honestly wouldn't be surprised if Reece in the future started over TAA for England at RB (maybe TAA moved to midfield). 

Perhaps they could be the second best pairing but I do think we need to see in some bigger games where they will be challenged more against the top quality players. Like I really wasn't impressed with them v Liverpool, both Reece and Ben, they just looked off it for me. Reece's intensity has been something that has been mentioned and he just looked half arsed v Liverpool at times. Against United, we were very solid and they did their jobs to a degree but again (Reece v good offensively I thought also), I would say the games after that match they've been much better in all round though.

That Southampton game again as previously mentioned in the other post, I think Ben did the going forward side well but he switched off when they had the ball at times, but the whole teams arse collapsed that second half so maybe might be seen as harsh but I did notice it a few times and that's what was happening with him for Leicester at times last season also, needs to be committed to defending as he is going forward because if he does that most weeks, he will undoubtedly be a huge asset for us. Seville though was a tough game to play and they did do well in it, the pair of them but I still think there will be tougher tests. I do like the potential makings of the partnership though, there is lots to be positive about regarding it. Plus this is potentially a partnership that can last for 10 years so I am hoping that it works and gets better and better. 

Better partnerships is difficult because the ones bar Liverpool's I was going to say really hasn't had a proper run together for a while. When City signed Walker and Mendy I thought wow, before they'd even kicked a ball I felt that they were going to be an amazing pairing at full back for Pep and well we seen that season how effective Mendy was and the difference he brings to that City team. If he was fit the whole time and playing at a good level, him and Walker would be up there. I also have to admit, while this may not be everyone's cup of tea, I also think Coleman and Digne is a very good partnership also. I think people have acknowledged Everton's good start and maybe have accounted it down to Doucoure, James, Richarlison and DLC but for me those 2 have been very consistent in the games for them and offer a good threat going forward and also defensive contributions. Spurs have started well also and while Docherty isn't someone you'd say is a top player, him and Regullion look very decent and have the potential to grow. I think Regullion for 35m buy back or no buy back for Madrid, is a steal, he really stuck out at Seville for me in the games in the second half of last season I watched and if Leicester were going to continue playing funny buggers over the price of Chilwell, I really just wanted us to go and get him because I knew someone would get him and be a good addition. I think we have got the potential best pairing I would have to agree to a degree but don't want to jinx it or get too carried away (same with this being the 4th/5th clean sheet in a row now in all competitions) because there's still inconsistencies in some areas of their game/the teams game as we've seen over the last 14 months. 

Totally agree regarding Reece defensively but at the same time, Trent also can grow defensively but I do think he will go to MF at some point, he would be amazing on the right hand side of a 3 man MF I think. I think Reece could maybe also go to the MF also though but I really like him on the side, he has a robustness about him, he is direct, he has good delivery and is able to get back and do the defensive side. Only problem for me sometimes is his intensity but the last 4 or 5 games he has been much better in that regard, he looks like he wants to engage players, to defend, to press the ball etc. I still think TAA is ahead aye but the potential is there because Reece can be more complete.

I still think Klopp is missing a trick not playing TAA in their midfield but the defensive and positional side, while TAA has improved that gradually under Klopp since getting a foot in, maybe that's why he isn't getting a shot there because you see the work rate and the ground those guys cover in MF for them. Although he is such a key part of their team from RB as Robertson is at LB and finding a RB to replace him and slot in and offer the same is probably very difficult. 

The only worry I have is that Lampard over plays mount. 

You got his best spot, awesome. But rest at well otherwise he is going te decline horrible like the last few seasons. 

But other than that this is our best formation. 4-3-3 is the best at this moment until we get rice. 

8 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

there is no way Mendy is seven (or 6 see right below) cms taller than Zouma.

either Zouma is far taller than 1.90m, or Mendy is shorter than 1.97m-

and Mendy has already been lowered to 1.96m on T-Markt

7fb69cb45c6537f42ba2b848e4b7352d.pngd5b88be18facc6797b700c1f7c049ee9.png

@Vesper you are right.

It is clear from this photo. Mendy is definitely much shorter than 196cm.

Players height is often way off. Pulisic around Mount, CHO, Jorginho, Werner also does not look that short.

Funny how Mendy and Koulibaly players from Senegal are/were listed 6 or 7 or 8cm taller than they really are.

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

The only worry I have is that Lampard over plays mount. 

You got his best spot, awesome. But rest at well otherwise he is going te decline horrible like the last few seasons. 

But other than that this is our best formation. 4-3-3 is the best at this moment until we get rice. 

To be honest, Lamps has not overused Mount for him to be fatigued. When we beat Palace last month, he was an unused sub and also the last 2 games we played before Burnley, against United and Krasnador, he was a sub and entered both games around the 72nd minute.

17 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I've said it a few times now but he will perfectly compliment the new attacking signings (and Pulisic) the same way Pedro did all the superstars at Barcelona and to an extent Hazard and Costa here.

14 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Funny how Mendy and Koulibaly players from Senegal are/were listed 6 or 7 or 8cm taller than they really are

Mendy was actually born in France and chose to play for Senegal after so it has nothing to do with them being from Senegal. 

17 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

@Vesper you are right.

It is clear from this photo. Mendy is definitely much shorter than 196cm.

Players height is often way off. Pulisic around Mount, CHO, Jorginho, Werner also does not look that short.

Funny how Mendy and Koulibaly players from Senegal are/were listed 6 or 7 or 8cm taller than they really are.

Gravity is much less in Senegal it seems 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Sigh seems he was from France not Senegal...