N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

18 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

One thing is that he started his professional career late and does not have crazy mileage in his legs but same was true for koulibaly and both have already started to decline physically. We are gonna have quite a weird age structure in the squad for some time 

Problem being the players who have been playing whilst he's been out injured still haven't ran as far as him, bone idle bastards

On 28/02/2023 at 15:08, TheHulk said:

I love Kante but when will this joke end already, 3 years and another year extension? Another one we risk hanging around if he doesn't stay fit. 

When was the last time he kicked a ball for us? I doubt the club would offer him such a deal if they had any doubts about his recovery. Genuinely excited to see him back in the team first and foremost because he is still our best player by a country mile. And he is someone who‘s skillset we urgently lack, a player who wins the ball back. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 2 weeks later...

Since Kante is basically an alien when fit I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he immediately look really good after coming back from this long injury. It appears as though the club have gone above and beyond to give him an extremely long ramp up time so that he’s 100% fit.

Would be an amazing boost to the remainder of this season if he hits the ground running and doesn’t pick up another injury.

I'm okay with the 2-3 year contract. He is one of our best players ever. If we can get a similar ball winner to him in the middle (Lavia, etc), giving him someone to rotate with, that'd be perfect. 

I could be biased, but I don't want to sell Kante ever. Let him retire a Chelsea player. 

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Will he get a call for France? Hopefully getting some minutes against Everton and playing in 2 games for France will get him important match fitness before CL QF. 

If he gets called up for France, he'll get injured again. 

Deschamps was always intent on picking Kante even when he was injured. 

6 hours ago, Thor said:

I'm okay with the 2-3 year contract. He is one of our best players ever. If we can get a similar ball winner to him in the middle (Lavia, etc), giving him someone to rotate with, that'd be perfect. 

I could be biased, but I don't want to sell Kante ever. Let him retire a Chelsea player. 

I'd love to see Kante continue at Chelsea but it's up to him.  If he decides that he wants to retire elsewhere (e.g. playing another year or 2 in France), I'll respect his decision.  

N’Golo Kante is a ‘huge player’ for Chelsea at his highest level – Graham Potter

https://theathletic.com/4320051/2023/03/17/graham-potter-ngolo-kante-Chelsea/

N’Golo Kante is a ‘huge player’ for Chelsea at his highest level – Graham Potter

Graham Potter is confident he has enough time to get N’Golo Kante back to his best in time for Chelsea’s Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid.

Kante is in contention to be in the squad against Everton tomorrow. It is the first time the midfielder will feature for the club since suffering a serious hamstring strain against Tottenham in August.

The France international is going to take a while to get to full match fitness after being ruled out for so long. But the two legs are being played on April 12 and 18, which gives Potter the opportunity to get him ready.

When asked if he has an opportunity to get him up to speed in time to face Real Madrid, he replied: “Yes. When you have a player injured for that length of time, you have to take those steps regardless of what our situation is, to take the steps to get him up to speed, get him back to the player he is in a responsible way, doing it as safely as we can which enables him to take the right steps to go forward. Once he is at his highest level he is a huge player for us.”

Potter feels Kante’s absence from the senior side has not been appreciated enough by those outside of Stamford Bridge and sees his return as providing a significant boost for the Champions League.

He added: “Managers before me have spoken very highly about N’Golo because he is a top, top player. He has been a huge miss to us, that’s not to say other players haven’t given absolutely everything, they have. But N’Golo Kante is a top player.

“It’s great for us that he’s back, we need to be mindful of the fact that he’s had a long injury, we need to make the next steps to get him up to speed in the Premier League, which is what we will do. But it’s great to have him with us.”

Chelsea were beaten by Real Madrid at the quarter-finals last season and the La Liga club looked impressive in their 6-2 aggregate victory over Liverpool in the last 16 this time around.

But Potter is not dismayed at the prospect of facing the holders and said: “The feeling is excitement but I’d rather speak about Everton because that’s the game tomorrow. The other stuff is a long way away.”

Midfielder Mason Mount will also not play for England this month. The-24-year-old was selected in Gareth Southgate’s squad yesterday for their upcoming Euro 2024 qualifiers against Italy and Ukraine. Raheem Sterling, Cesar Azpilicueta and Thiago Silva are also all ruled out for Chelsea through injury.

No way do I want him near Chelsea, he's a crock, if he stays I guarantee he'll be injured again within 2 games.

I've loved the wee man before this injury hit season and am sorry for him but i've got to be realistic and think whats best for CFC.

And I have major concerns about Wes and James.

21 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

No way do I want him near Chelsea, he's a crock, if he stays I guarantee he'll be injured again within 2 games.

I've loved the wee man before this injury hit season and am sorry for him but i've got to be realistic and think whats best for CFC.

21 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Hopefully Gusto can be an able deputy in the RB., and alleviate our concerns about James.

But its just typical that he also got injured right after we signed him,lol.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Hopefully Gusto can be an able deputy in the RB., and alleviate our concerns about James.

But its just typical that he also got injured right after we signed him,lol.

Just came to my mind Yesterday when Lyon played, Gusto still injured.. shit. Been healthy all season and got injured a week after we signed him..

• 1 month later...