N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

Despite his injury problems these days he’s still far too good for us to allow him to go to a side we’ll be competitive for top 4 with next year. He would make United’s midfield considerably better.

If we let him go it should only be to somewhere like PSG.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

no way im selling him still. especially not for united or any other top 6 team.

Abroad will be the answer. 

Boehly wants self sustainability, and 290kpw for a player who is on the decline and in the hospital bed 3/4 the season doesn't seem very sustainable financially. 

The concern with someone like Kante is he is still so highly regarded and also so loved by the Chelsea fan base that the new owners will be worried that selling him or not extending his contract could be seen as a negative PR decision.

Someone needs to make a big decision on him which might not be the most popular. I don't think this season he has justified a new contract on the wages he earns, especially as he'll be 32 at the end of next season and has had 3 years of struggles staying fit.

Would a summer of rest help get the best back out of him for another season or two? Possibly, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I wouldn't really like to take the risk of trading him off to United but if they were the only team that came in for him and were willing to offer good money I think it needs to be considered as we've got some work to do in the market this summer.

Have to believe though PSG would fancy him if we showed any suggestions he was available.

People have said worse abt 38yr old Thiago Silva at different times especially during his Lampard's last season. Kante will overcome this phase of injury problems. He still have an atleast efficient 3yrs in him. Especially with Gallagher coming into the squad next season we won't always be in a desperate position to risk his fitness. Kante will be BacK.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Mário César said:

3 weeks out.

Could be worse but clearly NG is coming to an end. When he plays,he is still as good as he used to but his injuries will slowly get the better of him.

Now Conor can finally show what he got. I think he will do a good job but he is no NG. Guess TT will go with RLC in CM first tho

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Could be worse but clearly NG is coming to an end. When he plays,he is still as good as he used to but his injuries will slowly get the better of him.

Now Conor can finally show what he got. I think he will do a good job but he is no NG. Guess TT will go with RLC in CM first tho

If Tuchel is feeling adventurous in the next game (which I feel he should), he will continue with RLC at RWB with Gallagher in the middle.

Fully expect him to bring back Azpi at RCB, with RLC in rhe middle.

36 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

If Tuchel is feeling adventurous in the next game (which I feel he should), he will continue with RLC at RWB with Gallagher in the middle.

Fully expect him to bring back Azpi at RCB, with RLC in rhe middle.

Rlc and jorgi in mid... God help us !!!

41 minutes ago, Kong said:

Kante is quick becoming made of glass!!

To be fair he already has for a good few years.

Still a very useful player because he never seems to take long to get back in form when he returns from injury, but these constant muscle issues prevent the club and Tuchel from fully relying on him over the course of a full season.

How this season goes for him and what his salary demands are will determine whether it's a good idea to offer him a new contract or not. At the moment there's no rush and I wouldn't make any decisions till February or March at the earliest, but if it looks like he can still contribute and his salary demand are not outrageous I'd probably cautiously lean into offering him an extension for another 1-2 years in a reduced role.

Edited by Jype

• 1 month later...