N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I actually blame Lampard and Tuchel for his injury record.

Apart from Tuchel in the first few months both have just shoehorned him in most games when it was obvious his minutes and fitness needed managing carefully. 

Mismanagement and overreliance on him goes further back than that.

Didn't Sarri essentially force him to play against Arsenal in the EL Final?

18 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Mismanagement and overreliance on him goes further back than that.

Didn't Sarri essentially force him to play against Arsenal in the EL Final?

My bad I forgot about that.

It was a lot worse with Lamps and Tuchel for me though because by then it was already clear Jorgi and Kova was more than fine vs 80% of opponents.

34 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

If we're talking about WB, I still think Hakimi is ahead of him. 

Hakimi's defence is nowhere near Reece's

the only RB that might make a case no longer plays RB (Kimmich)

cointig Kimmich, there are only 4 great RB's, and TAA is super flawed on defence

you know the position is in the shitter globally when the 5th most valuable RB on TMarkt is Emerson Royal!!!!

27 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

So if PSG offered Hakimi for James you would take it? I wouldn’t.

I wouldn't because I believe the latter has a higher ceiling & has a connection with the club. I was just stating who I think is the better WB right now.

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Hakimi's defence is nowhere near Reece's

the only RB that might make a case no longer plays RB (Kimmich)

cointig Kimmich, there are only 4 great RB's, and TAA is super flawed on defence

you know the position is in the shitter globally when the 5th most valuable RB on TMarkt is Emerson Royal!!!!

I agree. My thought process was based on the position they both tend to play (WB), where defending is a second priority & they can get bailed out.

Defenders in general are weaker than even a decade ago. The emphasis on attacking play has certainly played a part.

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I wouldn't because I believe the latter has a higher ceiling & has a connection with the club. I was just stating who I think is the better WB right now.

I agree. My thought process was based on the position they both tend to play (WB), where defending is a second priority & they can get bailed out.

Defenders in general are weaker than even a decade ago. The emphasis on attacking play has certainly played a part.

I fucked up my count

5 counting Kimmich

4 if you do not

Joshua Kimmich (and next season is his last full sub 30yo one, talk about time flying! As he is a deep holding,, play making DMF now, he can last longer at WC level)
Reece James 
Achraf Hakimi   
Trent Alexander-Arnold    
João Cancelo  

MASSIVE drop after those 5

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It is sad to see him out for another lengthy period. I still believe he's the only WC player in our squad, but next summer will be the perfect time for both parties to part ways.

There's no place for sentiment nowadays, especially when it comes to the club's highest earner or thereabouts.

If James isn't a WC RB to you, I don't know what you're looking for. 

Additionally, Mount is close to being WC If you can appreciate off the ball work and not just be obsessed with OPTA stats. 

3 hours ago, Mário César said:

so...until februrary? jesus christ 

that's a lot of games we will miss in january and february 😕 

Even if be comes back at the start of March that gives him 13 league games (so essentially 1/3 of the season) plus the important end of the FA Cup and CL. Still plenty of football left for him. 

It is obviously disappointing, and I do not expect him to re-sign; because of the offers he will get elsewhere. However, he still has a important role to play this season. 

52 minutes ago, King Kante said:

If James isn't a WC RB to you, I don't know what you're looking for. 

Additionally, Mount is close to being WC If you can appreciate off the ball work and not just be obsessed with OPTA stats. 

Someone that's been actively contributing for a number of seasons. Hakimi delivered at Dortmund, Inter's best player during his spell, and has continued the trend at PSG.

I'd better steer well clear of the second part of your post.

Edited by LAM09

3 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Not terrible news for us if this issue goes away.

he will have wc time to recover and come back stronger or not.

It’s a big blow to France tho—don’t think they can compete without him.

It's possible that both James and Kante coming back fit and fresh for the new calender year, after the World Cup, might give us a leg up over the other clubs in the final run-in

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It is sad to see him out for another lengthy period. I still believe he's the only WC player in our squad, but next summer will be the perfect time for both parties to part ways.

There's no place for sentiment nowadays, especially when it comes to the club's highest earner or thereabouts.

The perfect time would have been this summer imo. It was clear he's become injury prone and it was the last summer we could have got any money for him, now he'll leave for free.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

The perfect time would have been this summer imo. It was clear he's become injury prone and it was the last summer we could have got any money for him, now he'll leave for free.

I will never forgive Marina and the pisswig scouts for refusing to buy Tchou in summer 2021. Fucking morons.

He is now the number one in valuation DMF in the world on T-Markt, and most games I see him play with Real he is a machine, ffs.

7 hours ago, manpe said:

Who wanted him a number of months ago?

Also, the idea of having no natural DMF at all would be crazy.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

I will never forgive Marina and the pisswig scouts for refusing to buy Tchou in summer 2021. Fucking morons.

He is now the number one in valuation DMF in the world on T-Markt, and most games I see him play with Real he is a machine, ffs.

Yeah messed up but we should now go for Declan Rice. I wonder if the reason they did not went for Tchou is because they are set on on buying Rice. 

Well now they gone, and with new owner I still think we will go for Rice. 

Likely to be somewhat of a swansong for him on his return to fitness but I would be interested to see whether this surgery actually rescues his career and is something that should have been done a while ago. He's been so integral for managers at club and international level that nobody wants him out for too long, but it's had such a debilitating effect on his game time longer term.

There is absolutely no way we should be offering him a 3 or 4 year contract in the current situation but I'll be intrigued if he can get himself fit in the final third of the season and come back to play regularly fit and well. He does still have the possibility to get back to fitness and ask some tough questions of the Chelsea hierarchy.

5 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Likely to be somewhat of a swansong for him on his return to fitness but I would be interested to see whether this surgery actually rescues his career and is something that should have been done a while ago. He's been so integral for managers at club and international level that nobody wants him out for too long, but it's had such a debilitating effect on his game time longer term.

There is absolutely no way we should be offering him a 3 or 4 year contract in the current situation but I'll be intrigued if he can get himself fit in the final third of the season and come back to play regularly fit and well. He does still have the possibility to get back to fitness and ask some tough questions of the Chelsea hierarchy.

Hoping the swansong is in time for the Champions League knockouts. His running in a knockout game is huge