The Mourinho Thread

lol, they're still la liga leaders

Doesn't really mean much though. They're trying to tweak their philosophy of playing and it's a work in progress. They have recovered from last year, but still have a very weak defense. A lot more gaps need to be filled. City could take advantage.

When Chelsea get: a top striker, two good fullbacks and more depth in center midfield, we will see what Jose Mourinho can do. Right now, I am not quick to criticize Jose because Chelsea's squad just isn't as good as it could be and definitely not a squad capable of playing incisive, quick possession football resulting in plenty of goals. Matic is a very good addition and I was happy to see Mata leave.

Once Torres is out of the picture and Mikel is out & Chelsea add the players they need in fullback center midfield and striker, we can begin to make a better assessment of what is lacking from the top down. Right now, I see the Chelsea's shortcomings from the players on-hand.

I think David Luiz will leave, I wish Torres could leave yesteryear (but it won't happen, I guess), and J. Mikel is just a useless player with excellent ball skills. Need more in center mid, striker, fullbacks and things can truly begin looking BLUE in Europe and domestically.

Why Mourinho just dont shut his mouth and stop talking about nonChelsea teams...we have a game against Everton saturday and today Mourinho is talking about City and Barcelona.

With the Mourinho-Barcelona relationship being what it is, I think it's well said. Either he's right and City goes through (and this puts pressure on them), or this works as motivation for Barça and they beat City, wich will lower their morale.

Yeah that's true, and even some Barcelona fans that I know are saying that as well.

That being said, if City can't beat this woeful Barcelona then they are not as good as we thought they where.

Barca have performed relatively good in their past 3 or 4 games. Messi is looking alright I guess. I think the worst Barca team is much better than City

Well a Gooner just sent this to me...

(Isn't this guy in the vid the same guy calling for Wenger's head?)

:lol:

Arsenal fans wouldn't know what mind game are if they slapped them in the face. Obliviously he respects Wenger... It's all a work :lol:

Inclined to agree with the points there but if you noticed, the point I was making to TOPTB was not we couldn't create chances at all but rather that we struggled to create chances and do so consistently when opponents sat back and defended against us. Hence, why I pointed out periods in the matches in which the opposition have done so.

Not exactly disagreeing with your post,...was just agreeing with TOPTB's point about us not being able to make the most of the chances created

Reverse psychology?

Perhaps Mourinho wanted Barcelona to beat City, so this piss them of a lot to prove him wrong. B)

Yep.

I think Mourinho wanted to put pressure on Pelligrini by basically saying City is not as good as anyone claims

Too bad Fabregas didn't get the point...he might if Chelsea face Barca this year

I think Mourinho doesn't really give a shit about the result. He's just happy he's managed to mind-fuck so many people in such a short space of time! It's all quite funny when you think about the amount of chaos he's managed to cause in less than 2 weeks! :lol:

Again, no one is criticising any of our players! No one talks about our poor performance, Salah's weak appearance, Luiz's brain fart etc. While Pellegrini and Wenger are dealing with criticism to do with Demichelis and Giroud, our players are only focused on the next league game!

He knows how to take pressure off of his players and direct all the attention of the media somewhere else.

I think Mourinho doesn't really give a shit about the result. He's just happy he's managed to mind-fuck so many people in such a short space of time! It's all quite funny when you think about the amount of chaos he's managed to cause in less than 2 weeks! :lol:

Again, no one is criticising any of our players! No one talks about our poor performance, Salah's weak appearance, Luiz's brain fart etc. While Pellegrini and Wenger are dealing with criticism to do with Demichelis and Giroud, our players are only focused on the next league game!

Exactly!! Still puzzled how amateurs like Henrique don't still get this!!