The Mourinho Thread

Fatigue can not be an excuse for this side. We have the squad depth and quality to rest our key players. Andre and Salah should have started this one as they anyways were not going to play on Wednesday.

This. It would have been nice to mix things up just to see how City would cope against a different set of players than what they are used to from Chelsea. Instead they just had to deal with same, but more fatigued versions of Eto'o, Hazard and Willian from last week.

Had Mourinho played any other squad just because of fitness we would have still lost. Any one of you that had the idea going into that game that we were favorites and were guaranteed a win were very deluded. This Man City squad is one of the best Prem teams I've seen in a long time. Had Azpi or Cech blocked that opening goal the game might of went differently but I would have never bet money on our Chelsea to win that sorry guys. They're better than use, doesn't mean we can't beat City, but the conditions are not in our favor in terms of team quality, fitness, depth and preparation time. Our dept is an illusion; we are 1 big Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Ramires or Azpi injury away from a disaster. We could have tried those fresher players but the result would have been the same in my opinion. Mourinho put out that squad using his 4321 strategy because he respected this City team and the tournament, that was the best shot we had at progressing in the FA cup. I stand behind Mourinho on that game until the substitutes. To see David Luiz as a centerback, and Mikel and Torres on at the same time against city made me cry.

I think we lost simply because City and Yaya Toure dominated the midfield. Our players were pretty much isolated. Surely some of the players were fatigued but that was not the main reason. I have faith in Mourinho, he is a one cunning fox. He will definitely find a way to bounce back against Everton.

So why would you question Mourinhos reluctance to "rest" a player who clearly wanted to play every minute of every game, and was obviously able to not just play, but play to a level that had him nominated for all sorts of shit...

I do think by reading this forum that there are quite a lot of people who do not understand the English game/league.

Jose loves to play mind games ,, but to be good (and he is VERY good) sometimes you are lieing sometimes teasing sometimes telling

the truth .. the secret is keeping people guessing as to which it is ,,, With regard to the horses ,, he was telling part the truth and part teasing ,

City are the big horse ,,, we are the young foal ,,,, but Arse are the Dead Donkey

So why would you question Mourinhos reluctance to "rest" a player who clearly wanted to play every minute of every game, and was obviously able to not just play, but play to a level that had him nominated for all sorts of shit...

I do think by reading this forum that there are quite a lot of people who do not understand the English game/league.

I didn't question it, I brought it as an example from his first stint of his reluctance to rotate the players. I know Lampard was renowned for his unbelievable stamina and professional approach towards his fitness and to this day I pride myself with his record achievement, because he's my all-time favourite player.

(Next time please quote my post so I get a notification)

I didn't question it, I brought it as an example from his first stint of his reluctance to rotate the players. I know Lampard was renowned for his unbelievable stamina and professional approach towards his fitness and to this day I pride myself with his record achievement, because he's my all-time favourite player.

(Next time please quote my post so I get a notification)

So, you do think he should of rotated Lampard... Which proves my point.

“When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent”

— Arsene Wenger

Is this the correct quote or invented by media?

If it's real, it's just WAY overboard in every sense...

Yes, he said that back when Mourinho was here the first time.

More Mourinho on Wenger...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-jose-mourinho-rift-3153716

Mourinho said: “The only thing I feel is that I was very quiet in my place and somebody spoke not in a nice way about us. After that, I don’t accept that one is always ‘Monsieur polite’ and the other one is always the bad guy. I don’t accept, I’m sorry.”

Yes, he said that back when Mourinho was here the first time.

Ah, thanks. Now I remeber this (didn't recognise at first 'cos I never heard the quote in English, only translations).

It just appeared on some sites like a recent one so I had to wonder.

Thanks for clarifying.

What point? And where did you come to that conclusion? Point out the specific sentence(s).

I can't be arsed, just read your own post where you mention Lampard playing 160 times on the spin. If you can't see it then there is something wrong.

The point it proves to me is that in my opinion you have a lack of understanding of the game and player mentality of this country.