The Mourinho Thread

TBF, think the broader issue from that comment is we've generally struggled to break down teams when they are on the defensive against us, denying us time and space to create anything of note. This would of course apply to most other teams but we do seem to have a problem than most in this scenario and we have seen that before. Inclined to agree with your second point as we definitely need something different, a bit more variation in our play than we've right now like perhaps getting a deep lying playmaker.

If teams come to our place to defend, then they'll be tough to break down. That's going to happen. What they still need is luck which is what West Ham had against us. The only other points we've dropped at home in the league was back in November against West Brom, and we actually scored two against them whilst creating 17 chances.

We do need more from the pivot, but Matic seems to have a decent amount of attacking intent in his game and we also have Lamps there. Beyond that Luiz, Ramires and Mikel probably do offer very little going forward (Luiz is probably the most attacking of the three and he's a converted defender).

If teams come to our place to defend, then they'll be tough to break down. That's going to happen. What they still need is luck which is what West Ham had against us. The only other points we've dropped at home in the league was back in November against West Brom, and we actually scored two against them whilst creating 17 chances.

We do need more from the pivot, but Matic seems to have a decent amount of attacking intent in his game and we also have Lamps there. Beyond that Luiz, Ramires and Mikel probably do offer very little going forward (Luiz is probably the most attacking of the three and he's a converted defender).

Think that has also been a slight problem away from home. We've just seen it at West Brom last week and it did happen at Everton (in the 2nd half after they went 1-0 up), Newcastle, Hull (in the first half) and at Stoke (at 2-2 onwards).

Think that has also been a slight problem away from home. We've just seen it at West Brom last week and it did happen at Everton (in the 2nd half after they went 1-0 up), Newcastle, Hull (in the first half) and at Stoke (at 2-2 onwards).

The games you're pointing to seemed to be more about defensive frailties than anything else. We created chances against all of those teams.

Feel this excuse of 'tiredness' is being overused as the reason for our last 2 poor results. Only valid till a certain extent as questions also have to be asked on the players' form and/or if they were up for it.

maybe it is.

But we're a team with high and constant pressing. It demands a lot more from the whole team than all other styles. Our players run, tackle, press and move a lot. We probably lead the league in some of stats.

I think it's a physically demanding style we have with a lot of new players (whether all of them are used or not): Etoo, Willian, Matic, Salah, Schurrle. A few old players (Terry, Lampard), guys still completing their adaptation to the physicality (Oscar and Hazard) and everyone adapting to a style that wasn't here before Mourinho.

Also someone posted stats about our results with less than 72 hours of rest (mostly negative - or exclusive, as if memory doesn't fail it were only draws and losses). I doubt that's a coincidence seeing our style of play.

The games you're pointing to seemed to be more about defensive frailties than anything else. We created chances against all of those teams.

We did create but how many of them were really clear cut chances and how consistent did we do in those situations onward in the matches I mentioned?

maybe it is.

But we're a team with high and constant pressing. It demands a lot more from the whole team than all other styles. Our players run, tackle, press and move a lot. We probably lead the league in some of stats.

I think it's a physically demanding style we have with a lot of new players (whether all of them are used or not): Etoo, Willian, Matic, Salah, Schurrle. A few old players (Terry, Lampard), guys still completing their adaptation to the physicality (Oscar and Hazard) and everyone adapting to a style that wasn't here before Mourinho.

Also someone posted stats about our results with less than 72 hours of rest (mostly negative - or exclusive, as if memory doesn't fail it were only draws and losses). I doubt that's a coincidence seeing our style of play.

Don't get me wrong. Am totally disregarding that factor altogether but have seen it been thrown around and overused as an excuse for the last 2 results. It's a valid factor but shouldn't be blown out of proportion as the sole reason why we failed to win in the last 2 games.

I wish he'd shut the fuck up with his media antics, it just gets incredibly tiresome at times.

and was a minor but decisive factor which led us to titles. Don't think he would entertain people telling him how to do a job he is rather successful at.

Don't get me wrong, it worked in his first stint here, but there will come a time when everybody, including the press, will get tired of his bollocks. That's what happened in Spain, and it would be less than desirable to see the same thing happen here.

I wish he'd shut the fuck up with his media antics, it just gets incredibly tiresome at times.

Wenger was more subtle on his jab, but he took one saying José was afraid of failure... should José stay quiet? Hell no!!!!!

Do I think he was a bit too harsh? Yes, but Arsene begged for it and he wasn't quiet in his place as he lied in his in press conference. Quiet my arse and he's got what he asked for.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4G using Tapatalk

It's all bullshit and I still maintain any opponent that even gives Mourinho attention has lost the mind games. You could have the greatest comeback of all time but the fact that you just responded to Mourinho's comments when his whole goal was to provoke you means you lost. After over 10 years anyone that doesn't know how Mourinho works by now never will. The only defense to Mourinho antics is to say 'No comment', anything else is exactly what Mourinho wants.

It's all bullshit and I still maintain any opponent that even gives Mourinho attention has lost the mind games. You could have the greatest comeback of all time but the fact that you just responded to Mourinho's comments when his whole goal was to provoke you means you lost. After over 10 years anyone that doesn't know how Mourinho works by now never will. The only defense to Mourinho antics is to say 'No comment', anything else is exactly what Mourinho wants.

Exactly. These amateurs still don't get it.

So I guess this is the scenario: when we win, everyone's here talking about how great Mourinho is and how he's bossing England and the world and the Universe. When we draw or lose, the drama begins, people are unhappy and they start burning paper with Mou's face on it. That's it, there's no in between. No balance. This is SPARTA!

i Rodger you Awo Awo Awo

Fatigue can not be an excuse for this side. We have the squad depth and quality to rest our key players. Andre and Salah should have started this one as they anyways were not going to play on Wednesday.

what if Jose choose to the squad depth and we lose the game I still believe some would have said why did Jose use the first xi with stronger player