The Mourinho Thread

Why is name GodZola and not Godzilla? :Goober:

Well as Zola was such an ordinary footballer and way before so many members time on here I thought I must be respectful and think small, perhaps they all will 'like me' and I can boast about my reputation and give it 'large' about oneupmanship!

Or is it because I never played the game to any level and just dream about Zola and God, instead of wet dreams about Zilla and the lord almighty, I need help to decide, can you or anybody in their infinite wisdom help me decide - I'm really struggling, there is so many on here that have such superior football knowledge I bow to their intellect!

Well as Zola was such an ordinary footballer and way before so many members time on here I thought I must be respectful and think small, perhaps they all will 'like me' and I can boast about my reputation and give it 'large' about oneupmanship!

Or is it because I never played the game to any level and just dream about Zola and God, instead of wet dreams about Zilla and the lord almighty, I need help to decide, can you or anybody in their infinite wisdom help me decide - I'm really struggling, there is so many on here that have such superior football knowledge I bow to their intellect!

Fuck sake, absolutely no humor! :doh:

This is the worst side of Mourinho, when people are discussing more his press conferences, when he always come up with some kind of bullshit, than discussing what is happening on the field.

His comments about Wenger were just unnecessary, his "we are no fighting for the title" are bullshit and even a 10 years kid knows it.

Really disappointed with his choice of lineup yesterday. Most of our players looked completely knackered towards the end of the West Brom match. The only player he rotated was Oscar, who didn't start for our first visit to the Etihad.

The performance was predictable given the tired team he chose to field. Would the likes of Schurrle, Salah, Cole, etc. done better? Perhaps not, but that's not the point. The domestic cup competitions are not the priority. Now we not only got bounced out of the FA cup, but have added to the fatigue of an exhausted first team that has a congested fixture list (with some difficult opponents) on the horizon. Unless I'm missing something, this was a pretty foolhardy decision from our fearless leader.

If Mourinho went out there with the likes of Salah, Schurrle, Lampard, Schwarzer, etc, and lost he would have been blamed for not taking the FA Cup seriously. A competition he often said he has much respect for. He went with a strong squad and unfortunately they were gassed for the most part and frankly taking two of three meetings including the double in the league was more than I could have expected with the depth City has. He's doing the best he can with the players he has at his disposal and much better in terms of where they've placed in the league the past two seasons. Drawing the match at City and forcing a replay would only hamper Chelsea's chances at the PL crown anyways.

What is worrying is that it seems our midfielders are being burned out way too early.

The fact that hey have to make so many runs when we lose the ball because our back line is deep, is what is killing them.

They have to run so much to create, and then run some more when we are losing the ball.

And our squad is bigger than last year and the schedule much less heavier.

That's my main critic about Mourinho, the attacking midfielders are killing themself against the average teams because they have to do too much against these teams.

First half against Hull was a blueprint of that, we had the 4 attacking players with no support that had to do everything in attack against 8 sitting players.

City had one week rest, we had 3 days rest. Our system is costly with fewer days rest than the opponent.

but, beside that

this game is show mourinho liability

some people say pellegrini responed and learn our strategy

so pellegrini, choose to keep the defensive line stay deep

that is the way to make mourinho team having problem

and with burn out player, just make it more horrible to watch :cry:

mourinho should fix this, we believe and trust him

because beside he can install winning mentality to team he manages

but also he bring exciting and promising system, but just only in first season,

his 'system' already noticable for opponent to find the solution

and combine with his player not having fresh leg, what we will see just pathetic display :rolleyes:

City had one week rest, we had 3 days rest. Our system is costly with fewer days rest than the opponent.

Feel this excuse of 'tiredness' is being overused as the reason for our last 2 poor results. Only valid till a certain extent as questions also have to be asked on the players' form and/or if they were up for it.

but, beside that

this game is show mourinho liability

some people say pellegrini responed and learn our strategy

so pellegrini, choose to keep the defensive line stay deep

that is the way to make mourinho team having problem

and with burn out player, just make it more horrible to watch :cry:

mourinho should fix this, we believe and trust him

because beside he can install winning mentality to team he manages

but also he bring exciting and promising system, but just only in first season,

his 'system' already noticable for opponent to find the solution

and combine with his player not having fresh leg, what we will see just pathetic display :rolleyes:

Yea pellegrini learned and didn't attack at stupidly. They infact got most of their chances on the counter attack and sat deep. Hazard was totally man marked without any space and I didn't see him at all. Since they sat that deep, we should have put oscar earlier and got at them with the same approach we used at stanford bridge.

But you can't deny that our players didn't look up for it, willian and hazard didn't make one dribble all game which is rare. Even silva was bullying ramires and collected the ball from him a lot in that match. That's why I said tiredness was a main cause of that flat performance.

Feel this excuse of 'tiredness' is being overused as the reason for our last 2 poor results. Only valid till a certain extent as questions also have to be asked on the players' form and/or if they were up for it.

Yeah they seemed like they were playing with an attitude of not getting injured or something.

They played so slow and no running or dribbles by hazard or willian. Only when oscar came on we had some life but it was too late.

I still think it was partly due to tiredness and city was far fresher after having their game called off.

why? In addition to Chelsea using basically the same XI for the 3rd time this week, City had a nice little rest period before Saturday's game.

why? In addition to Chelsea using basically the same XI for the 3rd time this week, City had a nice little rest period before Saturday's game.

That is true but let's not pretend as if we don't have any decent amount of rest in between ourselves. Not saying we should be expecting great performances from the players in every game but certainly should be performing better than what we did yesterday.

That is true but let's not pretend as if we don't have any decent amount of rest in between ourselves. Not saying we should be expecting great performances from the players in every game but certainly should be performing better than what we did yesterday.

yes definitely. ironically Mou pointed out fatigue