The Mourinho Thread

In conclusion, you cant expect a defensive minded coach to all of a sudden play attractive football..

Capello and Mourinho are very similar to me. Tactically sound and would rather win 1-0, than 5-3.

Both do not play attractive football, but both get good results...

Real Madrid under Jose scored over 100 league goals, yet half this forum won't shut up about how "boring" his Real side was.

Liverpool have been getting by and scoring with individual great goals by Suarez, he is playing great football but Liverpool as a team? no chance. When they won their first 3 i was amazed, i have never seen a team play so bad for 3 games in a row but win them all.

Liverpool fans who i know this season have all to a man said that they are confused about why Brendan has abandoned him high pressing, pass and move game this season (that certainly looks the case when i watch them play), they are not complaining right now because they are getting results, but if the results start drying up, expect this issue to be brought up by them a lot more.

I was one of them! I really hated Mourinho real team... With the players they had at their disposal, they had so much potential to play good football all the time.

Regarding Liverpool, first few games, they won like 1-0, but had most of the possession from what I remembered and a ton of shots on goal...

They abandon the pressing cause they dont have players that can press. Gerrard is on his last legs, Lucas is a shell of his former self.. Allen, I havent seen much in the Red... Countinho is a tweener. Danny is lazy. Suarez runs around for 93 mins a game...

Real Madrid under Jose scored over 100 league goals, yet half this forum won't shut up about how "boring" his Real side was.

Liverpool have been getting by and scoring with individual great goals by Suarez, he is playing great football but Liverpool as a team? no chance. When they won their first 3 i was amazed, i have never seen a team play so bad for 3 games in a row but win them all.

Liverpool fans who i know this season have all to a man said that they are confused about why Brendan has abandoned him high pressing, pass and move game this season (that certainly looks the case when i watch them play), they are not complaining right now because they are getting results, but if the results start drying up, expect this issue to be brought up by them a lot more.

I don't recall anyone calling his Madrid side boring. Actually how can you be boring when you have Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria, Benzema in your team lol

They abandoned pressing imo because they don't have the legs for it like Korea said. Even Dortmund is not as good as they were last season anymore, it is impossible to play pressing all the time, especially not at the same level. The only team that is doing it well atm is Bayern but I think they will be out of steam soon too

You are actually sounding like an Arsenal fan. Look, you aren't happy with the football, you want us to be Milan of yester year, Barca of the early 2000's with a mixture of Bayern and Dortmund.

Ultimate Team on FIFA might be something you should look too, you can gather stars from world wide on there and play the perfect football.

You can also nick mummy's credit card, buy lots of points and win that way. That's what we do.

We have young players who can grow into this team, who can become part of our history for a long time like the Greaves, Wilkins, Osgoods and Terrys of yesteryear yet we'd rather take 'risk-free' chequebook manouvres like signing Samuel Eto'o. Maybe then the crowd in the stands might feel connected with the people on the pitch.

Mourinho could've actually got away with taking his time and building a young team with a distinct style, but he's probably blown that chance. Now he'll be judged on one thing and one thing alone - trophies. Because apparently that's all that matters.

You can also nick mummy's credit card, buy lots of points and win that way. That's what we do.

We have young players who can grow into this team, who can become part of our history for a long time like the Greaves, Wilkins, Osgoods and Terrys of yesteryear yet we'd rather take 'risk-free' chequebook manouvres like signing Samuel Eto'o. Maybe then the crowd in the stands might feel connected with the people on the pitch.

Mourinho could've actually got away with taking his time and building a young team with a distinct style, but he's probably blown that chance. Now he'll be judged on one thing and one thing alone - trophies. Because apparently that's all that matters.

Agreed, and the funny part is that instead of giving players like Kevin and Lukaku a chance, he goes and sign Willian+Eto'o. Now both of them will probably soon leave Chelsea permanently, especially Lukaku as soon as we sign a world class striker which I think eventually Jose will force the board to do.

Your not telling me anything I don't already know or have spoken about on this forum for a while. I want the lukakus and van ginkels in there, I want Nathaniel coming in but what the fuck can we do if they aren't? Drop skitty comments on an Internet forum about how much we lack giving the kids a chance? Yeah that will do it.

This club get the money out of the wallet, it's what we do because we can, it ain't changing, so deal with it.

If we get trophies that's brilliant, if we don't I would rather a manager wasn't sacked because of it, we need before anything to start with the stability of a manager to have time, time to develop a side and squad with the integration of quality and youth.

People are so fucking annoyed and quick to moan on here it's laughable.

We've the right man, time for the fans to stop with the empty words such as "we want stability", "give managers a chance", "we don't care if performances suffer a bit and we don't win a trophy for a while" and time to start walking the walk.

There's years of instability and lack of leadership/direction to deal with first. I still expect Emenalo to disappear within the next season, there maybe some political manoeuvrings going on for a while before we get the chance to see a 'managers 11'. Trial, mix and match going on right now in my view.

For the 'Give Youth A Chance' preachers, there's a chance that one or two of ours at 16-20 year old age group might come through. We've had a few too many 'next great things' that are not quite proving to be that to make big-bets that the new ones will come through. I wouldn't hold your breath for a few years yet though, you might suffocate! Had it on reasonable authority that Barcelona have been watching one or two of this age group so even if we do get a good-un, they get wind of this, agents, parents get greedy, we pay silly sums of money to what are adolescent young men, goes to their head la-di-la. They end up playing for Southend. The managers fault - not a chance!

I don't get the rush, I honestly don't.

How many under-21 players Barcelona and Bayern have playing for them right now? Because they're the teams that are supposedly the reference on how to handle youth and homemade players. Then question two, how many players over 22 from our youth that are actually first team material that are loaned elsewhere or that were negotiated?

1-2 players don't make a case, they look more like the exception to the rule, so why don't we actually give time for the kids from the academy to hit the level of maturity to be integrated in the first team? Our new academy project - when we started to focus on that bringing youngsters from other clubs and countries grow them here isn't that old. It takes a while for those kids to be first team material. We have plenty of talent in the first team and in the first squad, there's no rush to bring those boys right now. We now have plenty of competition for them organized by FA and UEFA, so they're actually having match time, competing, training, being formed and molded according to whatever the club wants. Let's give it time.

One would think we have offloaded or loaned at least 6 players over their 22 - who are quality - to clubs all around Europe instead of giving them chances here. 18, 19 and even 20yo can wait a season, two, three depending on where they are in their development curve. I honestly don't get where this rush came from. Maybe people are complaining from the policy that has been in place for many, many years, but it was recently changed and now we need to wait those young talents to come of age and see if they fit the team or not. People applaud Arsenal for their youth-first team based, but they also mock them for not winning anything in 8+ years,often count them out of any tougher competition and moan endlessly about how we're only 3rd in EPL and have wasted our chances of becoming champions in May.

It would be awesome if any team in the world had most of their squad formed by u-21 and still were successful. That's not the reality in Barcelona, Bayern or any other successful team. If anything those clubs proved they take their sweet time to promote kids from their youth to the main squad and don't put a lot of pressure on them. Then there are the isolatedl cases of 1-2 above-average players that actually were integrated in the main squad when they were u-21, but that's not the norm. Oscar, Hazard, van Ginkel, Schürrle etc... may not be formed here, but they're very young (all of which u-22 - although I guess Schurrle turned 23 earlier this month, not sure). If we keep the old guys, people complain because they can't play too many matches, because they're slow, past their prime, etc... If we keep the younger players people complain about the team's results (as I said no team in the world has a historic of being highly successful with most of their players being under 22. If we mix both some people will complain about inexperience and instability (both that come with the little age) and others will complain about the 'oldies'.

Let's not forget the big recession England has been through in terms of revealing new young talents. Spain has A LOT of young talented players, they have an entire generation being raised there right now. They dominate U-17, U-19, U-21 NT football in Europe, the same doesn't happen with England (not even UK). Countries such as Argentina, Germany and Brazil ALWAYS produce tons of young talents... but how many world class players have England produced in the last 20 years? FA woke up to the desperate scenario and now they're working with the clubs, adding competitions and trying to learn from other countries such as Spain and Germany on how to produce real talents in a larger scale. I'm neither pro or against Emenalo - don't know him or his work well enough to say - but it seems the new project he's talked about recently is a good one (and it's recent) and I expect it to start paying off in a few years, not now...

Jose is realising the extent of his task at Chelsea years of mismanagement since he left with manager after manager undermined and dictated to by suits,he needs to and will start clearing out the rubbish and he will structure the playing staff to win Premier League titles not football manager fantasy games with teams and players picked by people who do not have a clue and are better off managing girls teams . Time for Jose to get to work and be left to get on with it .

Chelsea +Mourunho football has always been boring to me.

I said this last year as well, that I was never a fan of Mourinho first run team. (I personally wanted Landrup to come to Chelsea)....

Chelsea never played with an offensive system to me. (Or i guess lofting balls up to drogba and giving Lampard the green light to shoot all of Drogba dropoffs is a system).

Never played?

If that's not offensive, then what is?

I'm in the camp of wanting to be successful and leaving a legacy behind with a great brand of football. I believe we have the players and manager to achieve that.

I'm no fool though, obviously it takes a season or three for the pinnacle of that to really be shown. I believe we can do it under Mourinho.

If he is still here that is, remember these things are achieved by patience. Even Dortmund didn't do it when Klopp took over, it took him at least 2 years and he had no expectations, I could even say they overachieved under him.

Sadly that isn't the case here, you don't win a trophy you get fired straight away, I am sure if AVB was here now we would be playing the attacking football we really wanted to see, at the time he just didn't have the players for it. If you compare Malouda-Lampard-Anelka to Hazard-Oscar-Mata now, we would be able to tell the difference straight away. So basically the dilemma is that things are achieved though time, but TIME is not in Roman's definition. Maybe giving Jose a big huge contract was a good thing because with the FFP rule in play, Roman can't just sack and use his money anymore. Personally I really think if Carlo was still here now we would be playing better football than Man City, look what he managed to achieved during his 1st season with far worse players than we have now. The 2nd season the players just didn't have the legs for it, and even then he managed somehow to get us really close to the title.