The Mourinho Thread

I really don't think winning the league in his first season was the target. Jose knew it would take time to develop this squad into a title winning side, I'm sure this was discussed between Roman and Jose.

Jose said from the start that 6 teams could challenge.

If we where in United's position then I could understand some of the negativity. Joint 2nd in the league, through to the KO stage of the CL. We are also in all the domestic cups

We will not take 8 years and counting to win silverware like Arsenal. It might be a season or 2, we may even win silverware this season.

I really don't think winning the league in his first season was the target. Jose knew it would take time to develop this squad into a title winning side, I'm sure this was discussed between Roman and Jose.

If we where in United's position then I could understand some of the negativity. Joint 2nd in the league, through to the KO stage of the CL. We are also in all the domestic cups

We will not take 8 years and counting to win silverware like Arsenal. It might be a season or 2, we may even win silverware this season.

I think it's our title to lose. Not Arsenal's or City's.

Silverware is mandatory here, not least because of the amount the players/managers get paid and amount of money we spend every window. So failure to pick up any silverware mean a failure season, no matter how close we have come.

I think it is City's title to lose. They have the best squad in the league and were champions the other year.

It's defiantly Arsenals best chance, before Chelsea,City,United and Spurs gel under new management and players

We are only a few key players away from being serious contenders. If we buy in Jan we have a very good chance of winning the league this season.

I am not too confident with 3 average strikers that can't score, no DLP. Also having a RB playing at LB quite often is a bit worrying.

I wish I could like your post 10x. It'd be worth it.

Perfectly levelheaded analysis imo

It probably wasnt, but did people expect United to be 13 points off the pace by December or Man City to have lost HALF their away games? The league is fantastically weak this season yet we're bobbing along like everyone else with inconsistent performances and dropped points.

I'm not worried about the Champions League this season because there are teams who are far better than us left in the competition, but we really shouldn't be 5 points behind Arsenal.

There is, was so much said about Jose & his tactics in recent times.

The way I see it. This team is far from prepared to challenge for any meaningful trophy in this season. We all have to face the fact, his preparations, sputtering performances of the team, shitty defense, strikers not scoring...on & on, won´t cut it.

Therefore, I look into much better things later on. Players must be bought, young ones introduced into this team & perhaps next season things will get better under Jose´s guidance.

"But the game was overshadowed after Mourinho and two Chelsea players, Oscar and Eden Hazard, were attacked with a laser pen shone from the away fans section of the ground."
Overshadowed? Can the Mirror get any crapier?!