The Mourinho Thread

If he is still here that is, remember these things are achieved by patience. Even Dortmund didn't do it when Klopp took over, it took him at least 2 years and he had no expectations, I could even say they overachieved under him.

Sadly that isn't the case here, you don't win a trophy you get fired straight away, I am sure if AVB was here now we would be playing the attacking football we really wanted to see, at the time he just didn't have the players for it. If you compare Malouda-Lampard-Anelka to Hazard-Oscar-Mata now, we would be able to tell the difference straight away. So basically the dilemma is that things are achieved though time, but TIME is not in Roman's definition. Maybe giving Jose a big huge contract was a good thing because with the FFP rule in play, Roman can't just sack and use his money anymore. Personally I really think if Carlo was still here now we would be playing better football than Man City, look what he managed to achieved during his 1st season with far worse players than we have now. The 2nd season the players just didn't have the legs for it, and even then he managed somehow to get us really close to the title.

"with far worse players than we have now" Lol. Is that a joke ?

"with far worse players than we have now" Lol. Is that a joke ?

Malouda compare to Hazard? Drogba only had 09-10 season as his best, after that it was just downward, he only really shines in cup semi and finals. At the time we didn't even have a proper RW and Anelka had to play there.

Malouda compare to Hazard? Drogba only had 09-10 season as his best, after that it was just downward, he only really shines in cup semi and finals. At the time we didn't even have a proper RW and Anelka had to play there.

Better striker, better midfield, better defence and Malouda was unplayable that year.

Like I said his players. Even at Spurs atm he doesn't have the right players. Look what happen when he had Hulk, Bale, Falcao

Well he signed most of those players that are not "right", so what's to suggest he would have been any different if he remained here.

Spurs were no different last season, they just got Baled out by Gareth numerous times.

I'm in the camp of wanting to be successful and leaving a legacy behind with a great brand of football. I believe we have the players and manager to achieve that.

I'm no fool though, obviously it takes a season or three for the pinnacle of that to really be shown. I believe we can do it under Mourinho.

I just don't see Mourinho surviving 3 seasons at Chelsea...

He needs to win trophies and start involving the likes of Chalobah with the first team, IF he wants to stay here long term

Are we still pining for Didier? come on now, i love him as much as the next Chelsea fan, but any one expecting a serious difference in what we are getting off a 35 year old are letting their heart rule their head, our striker problem was just as bad in 11/12 when Drogba was here, it was that bad it got the point people were suggesting bringing Kalou back from exile.

Did you see some of Drogba's performance's in his last two season's? he just didn't have the hunger or energy for the regular league football anymore, some of his performances against the lesser outfits off the division were not far off Torres level.

If you want Didier to boost the strikers goals tally and go to Selhurst Park ot the KC and perform out of his skin, you are going to be sure of a big surprise.

Leave his legacy be, get 2 strikers in (one being Lukaku obviously) and we will be on top in that department again, onwards and upwards.

Hate to see him as a passenger here. Only going to dampen his memories.

Fernandinho and Toure showing the value of having powerful, but skilful, central midfielders.

Now all I see is Mourinho complaining that we don't have the players to really push for the title and yet it was his decision to make Lampard a first 11 player as soon as he returned. Compare Fernandinho & Toure to Ramires - who I think is on their level - and Lampard, and it's really a non contest.