The Mourinho Thread

Let's hope Jose is actually looking for a CB, because only having the 3 is starting to show badly in the performances. He won't budge Brana from RB if his life depended on it and Kalas seems to be a 'break in case of emergency' back-up. I don't know about January though:

£10m French bad boy Zouma heads Mourinho's wanted list for January spree

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2520597/French-bad-boy-Kurt-Zouma-heads-Chelseas-wanted-list-January.html

I like this guy, but he's 19 and we all know what happens to players under a certain age at Chelsea...he could be Jose's new 'Varane project' though. And it's better than spending £35m on that Mangala; such money could be used towards a certain Axel Witsel...

He's also been inexplicably banned for 10 games for a challenge that was more misfortunate than anything else:

The defence problems stem from the midfield. That pivot is the root of all our problems and it wasn't addressed this summer or the summer before and the common denominator there is Emenalo.

Even players like Chalobah who might be a possible solution haven't been tried because we don't give young players a chance. There's something deeply wrong at this club and the only thing keeping us adrift is our chequebook.

Now, Roman please sign more players, is that the solution ?

Meanwhile, Azpi plays on the left, not suited there, Iva hoofs the ball around, Cahill is suspect, Cole is not playing, Bertrand is gone by the wind, Cech makes blunders in just about every game...JT is the only one worth of playing.

To buy more players is the quick fix ?

As the above poster pointed it out correctly, Roman´s chequebook seems to be the solution.

Young players are loaned out, not given a chance to play, Lukaku, KDB is going, Courtois out, Chalobah..

The quick fix has been what got us in this mess.

We're spineless and I mean that in both senses. We lack character and we lack a solid spine that runs through the team. Cech has become error-prone, Cahill and Luiz have both failed to nail down that shirt, the midfield is missing (literally - where was Mikel for Ireland's goal and where was ANYONE for Assaidi) and our strikers are woeful. They're costing us points by missing chances and Eto'o cost us a point on Saturday.

If we could bring back Courtois, Chalobah and Lukaku then maybe that could be the foundation of a new spine for this club. But instead Mourinho pines for a Sturridge......we had a Sturridge and we let him go because WE DON'T TRUST YOUTH.

United lack a midfielder and Pogba would cost them £30 million. We're lacking a striker and Sturridge would cost us at least £35 million. Yet the teams who are surpassing expectations are the ones who trusted youth.

Well, you are correct, but most of us knew it all along. Several times, I posted about the clueless summer dealings, some folks in here, attacked me for it. Now, it´s clearly seen. Almost 30 year old Torres is getting more & more chances to score. The result = still dick !

If we were to introduce youth, Jose could not do anything with them. Most likely, out of top 4 places, could be seen. Therefore, he plays his power game publicly & basically is asking for more players, I feel.

The defence problems stem from the midfield. That pivot is the root of all our problems and it wasn't addressed this summer or the summer before and the common denominator there is Emenalo.

Even players like Chalobah who might be a possible solution haven't been tried because we don't give young players a chance. There's something deeply wrong at this club and the only thing keeping us adrift is our chequebook.

Well we all know that and would hope that a DM/DLP is still top priority. But the defence is not helped by the fact that Jose won't budge Ivanoivic from RB or even give Bertrand a run in the team, meaning we effectively only have 3 CBs (Kalas seems to be a 'break in case of emergency' back-up). So with one injured at the moment there is no rotation whatsoever and it's showing badly.

So if Jose isn't going to give players like Kalas or Chalobah a shot, he may as well start thinking about getting someone that he will and someone like Zouma would be great if he was given proper chances. I'd like to see Chalobah just come back here after his loan and use him, but if Jose doesn't do it now then, sadly, I don't think he ever will to be honest.

Despite of Jose dick stories, I am still amazed to see Chelsea having a chance of being on top of PL soon.

Look here. Citeh to whip Arsenal, badly. Chelsea to win their next game, means two points behind. Then Chelsea hammers Arsenal & becomes No 1 in the PL. :blue scalf:

The more I read Jose & his excuses, the less I believe Roman will fall for it. Roman does not care for excuses.

Either you win PL, or CL & not the domestic pots, if Jose does not, he is deemed to have failed.

Despite of Jose dick stories, I am still amazed to see Chelsea having a chance of being on top of PL soon.

Look here. Citeh to whip Arsenal, badly. Chelsea to win their next game, means two points behind. Then Chelsea hammers Arsenal & becomes No 1 in the PL. :blue scalf:

Only in our dreams haha Let's hope but I don't think it will happen..

Has anyone worked out what identity he's trying to build at Chelsea yet? Ignore his words about young players because that's mostly bollocks, but focus one what's appeared on the pitch. What style is he trying to build?

You look at the managers who are overachieving this season and it's the likes of Martinez and Pochettino, and even Rodgers who instil belief in their sides and play some fearless, distinctive football with a trust in young players. The more established managers like Mourinho and Moyes are underwhelming so far.

The form side has been Arsenal who have exemplified fearless, skilful football with an emphasis on young players for years and are seeing the fruits of that commitment paying off whereas we look lumbering and old.

Has anyone worked out what identity he's trying to build at Chelsea yet? Ignore his words about young players because that's mostly bollocks, but focus one what's appeared on the pitch. What style is he trying to build?

You look at the managers who are overachieving this season and it's the likes of Martinez and Pochettino, and even Rodgers who instil belief in their sides and play some fearless, distinctive football with a trust in young players. The more established managers like Mourinho and Moyes are underwhelming so far.

The form side has been Arsenal who have exemplified fearless, skilful football with an emphasis on young players for years and are seeing the fruits of that commitment paying off whereas we look lumbering and old.

yup absolutely right. Those sides also keep the football very well, something we haven't been able to do.

I think the whole "Build an identity thing" is mostly BS. Or in fact just complete BS.

The manager tries to win games with the players he has, and the good ones try and ensure that it can happen over a long period of time through youth development. It's not like Arsene has this year decided to play "fearless football". He has finally got a team which has many elements working for it. Has an exceptional midfielder with talent around him, and are benefitting from their consistency when everyone else is faultering.

Liverpool aren't doing better this year because of some instilled belief. But because they have an exceptional striker who is playing like he is the best in the world (on current form), and the manager comes into it by employing a system to utilise those players.

Mourinho just hasn't found that system yet, and i am 95% sure he doesn't know what our best team is yet. Got nothing to do with a supposed style or some instilled belief or idenity what so ever.

Let's hope Jose is actually looking for a CB, because only having the 3 is starting to show badly in the performances. He won't budge Brana from RB if his life depended on it and Kalas seems to be a 'break in case of emergency' back-up. I don't know about January though:

£10m French bad boy Zouma heads Mourinho's wanted list for January spree

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2520597/French-bad-boy-Kurt-Zouma-heads-Chelseas-wanted-list-January.html

I like this guy, but he's 19 and we all know what happens to players under a certain age at Chelsea...he could be Jose's new 'Varane project' though. And it's better than spending £35m on that Mangala; such money could be used towards a certain Axel Witsel...

He's also been inexplicably banned for 10 games for a challenge that was more misfortunate than anything else:

Would love Zouma.

This is not an attack on you or anything but seems like you have taken a complete opposite view of judging Mourinho all of a sudden. :carlo:

This is not an attack on you or anything but seems like you have taken a complete opposite view of judging Mourinho all of a sudden. :carlo:

The Lukaku comments bothered me and I'm severely underwhelmed with his performance so far. I still support him but each game raises more and more questions. I honestly don't know who this guy managing us is from what I see on the pitch. The only thing consistent is our inconsistency.

Would love Zouma.

Could be a good signing, but would he get in ahead of Distin? :eyebrows: