The Mourinho Thread

Win at the Emirates and this place will be a whole lot different.

And it should be. There are many doubters now, how can Jose silence them? BY WINNING AND WINNING WELL. Thai is obvious in life isn't it? You do well you get praise, you do badly you get criticized. The football and defending we been playing for the last month and a half have been terrible and he RIGHTLY DESERVE TO BE CRITICIZED.

So let me get this straight:

On one hand, we unanimously agree that Chelsea has zero quality strikers and a very poor defense. We also agree that most of our best players (such as Hazard) are extremely irregular.

On the other hand, you want to crucify the manager even though he's been getting it done despite having all of these problems in his hands.

Some of you people speak as if we have a squad like City and Bayern. Manchester United has problems similar to ours: old players, unbalanced and inconsistent squad, poor defense, no quality strikers (RVP injured), transitional period, etc. and look where they're at.

That such disgrace isn't happening to us, I give credit to the manager.

No, my gripe with Mourinho is that he had the money, targets and backing of the board all at his disposal to bring in a much needed top class CM/DM before the start of the season but he refused because he had already promised Lampard a starting berth week in week out regardless of his performances, and now he's complaining he hasn't quite got what it takes, in terms of playing personnel, to really compete for things.

It's as simple as that. We had 50 million to spend on Willian and Andre but not enough dough to buy a world class midfielder? Did we sign a 20 year old lad to play or was it because of Jose's whim and determination to keep Lampard happy?

Mourinho: "We all know this is a transitional period. I believe that in another club, everybody would say 'OK, let's work and wait calmly'."

Nailed it. Everywhere but here.

So the game plan Mourinho is trying to develop is:

"Kill off our opponents by boring the pants out of them!"

Is that it?

So let me get this straight:

On one hand, we unanimously agree that Chelsea has zero quality strikers and a very poor defense. We also agree that most of our best players (such as Hazard) are extremely irregular.

On the other hand, you want to crucify the manager even though he's been getting it done despite having all of these problems in his hands.

Some of you people speak as if we have a squad like City and Bayern. Manchester United has problems similar to ours: old players, unbalanced and inconsistent squad, poor defense, no quality strikers (RVP injured), transitional period, etc. and look where they're at.

That such disgrace isn't happening to us, I give credit to the manager.

If Sir Alex was still at MU now do you think they would have been 9th? NO NOT A CHANCE. So it is Moyes's fault.

Transition to what though? I don't see a style of play developing, improvement in quality of level/combinations etc. Transition? How. We're just stuck in the never ending limbo of rubbish football.

Agreed, transition is when YOU MAKE A IMPROVEMENT, not doing worse every week. Transition should be like Spurs and Liverpool last season, started terribly but eventually playing amazing good football. The bad thing now is last time bad football we still won, this time bad football=winning f all as well to make it even worse.

If Sir Alex was still at MU now do you think they would have been 9th? NO NOT A CHANCE. So it is Moyes's fault.

Agreed, transition is when YOU MAKE A IMPROVEMENT, not doing worse every week. Transition should be like Spurs and Liverpool last season, started terribly but eventually playing amazing good football. The bad thing now is last time bad football we still won, this time bad football=winning f all as well to make it even worse.

Some people speak as if transition simply means being bad. No, transition would indicate there are signs of development, new ideas, tactics/problems in the squad being adressed etc. Just being rubbish doesn't mean you're in transition.

all that intricate football is GONE, all those fancy 1-2s are GONE, all the neat attractive to the eye football is GONE

Was that before, during or after we lost at home to QPR?

Remember the games vs Man United, Tottenham, Arsenal, Norwich last season? All that amazing football that was so pleasing to the eye. It seems like 10 years ago now.......

You on about the Arsenal game that was won through 2 set pieces? or the Arsenal game that was won through a debatable penalty after we got thrashed over for almost the whole of the second half? or the United game were we didn't wake up until we were 2-0 down after 20 minutes?

When Rafa was here the performances got constantly criticized ,now he's gone all off a sudden we were playing like Brazil in the 70's under him, i don't get it?

remember the days we used to do this?

I do, i also remember we got outplayed in that game and got very lucky while a few weeks later we lost to Juventus in one of the most one sided games i have ever seen which as good as dumped us on ITV4, but oh well atleast we were playing a few triangles, thankgod for that hey.

No, my gripe with Mourinho is that he had the money, targets and backing of the board all at his disposal to bring in a much needed top class CM/DM before the start of the season but he refused because he had already promised Lampard a starting berth week in week out regardless of his performances, and now he's complaining he hasn't quite got what it takes, in terms of playing personnel, to really compete for things.

It's as simple as that. We had 50 million to spend on Willian and Andre but not enough dough to buy a world class midfielder? Did we sign a 20 year old lad to play or was it because of Jose's whim and determination to keep Lampard happy?

And if Mourinho had spend 100 million in the summer, you would be whining that it's a shame we have to buy our way up. Go home troll.

this is such a shitty comment of someone who rarely makes sense.

Lamps didn't play one single minute today and I guess we're the worse we've been in the last four matches today.

Next time bring a comment that at least makes sense.

Yes. Lamps would've done a better job than Essien today.

Not sure if we were weak attack-wise or defense-wise, but one thing's for certain--- We certainly bow down to our opponents level, be it Bayern or Crystal Palace.

In England? Wenger more than 10 years without winning, Mancini 3 years with the best team in the country, Moyes will be at Manchester next year.

Mourinho in the first time he was here lost a League after being the best manager in the histopry of the club, and some months later was out. Since then in League Chelsea won 1 league title and didn't fight for any other Premiere League title.

What a bunch of rubbish! When did anyone even talked about Mourinho being fired?

Wenger is there for 10 years without winning and every single one of them there was heavy criticism towards his philosophy. Moyes is in his first year with United and look how much pressure he is on already. The same applies to other big clubs like Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, etc.

Jose is trying to play the victim here. I havent seen him taking much blame for what is currently happening with the team and I am not likeing it. It is the 3rd year fans are hearing the 'this is a transition period' excuse. Sorry, it aint cutting no more!

Everyone knew we needed a striker, everyone knew we needed a good duo for the pivot, everyone knew we needed better defenders, etc. However, what have we done to fix it? Oh yeah, we bought Willian and Schurrle and loaned out Lukaku!!!

I dont expect Jose to make us unbeatable or anything, but I do expect him to at least make us able to keep a clean sheet and perform well against pub teams. Right now, he is basically not doing anything. His work hasnt been very good so far...

What a bunch if rubbish! When did anyone even talked about Mourinho being fired?

Wenger is there for 10 years without winning and every single one of them there was heavy criticism towards his philosophy. Moyes is in his first year with United and look how much pressure he is on. The same with other big clubs like Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, etc.

Jose is trying to play the victim here. I havent seen him taking much blame for what is currently happening with the team and I am not likeing it. It is the 3rd year fans are hearing the 'this is a transition period' excuse. Sorry, it aint cutting no more!

Everyone knew we needed a striker, everyone knew we needed a good duo for the pivot, everyone knew we needed better defenders, etc. However, what have we done to fix it? Oh yeah, we bought Willian and Schurrle!!!

Hey but we're in transition which means we don't have to address anything or try to improve!!!! :yay:

And if Mourinho had spend 100 million in the summer, you would be whining that it's a shame we have to buy our way up. Go home troll.

What the fuck are you talking about? Who the fuck said anything about 100 million but you? I'm just stating what the obvious, we should have bought a fucking midfielder but didn't because of Mourinho's fucking whim.

Some of you boys...

I really hope no one is suggesting anyone should even be thinking of sacking Mourinho, at least for the next season or two. This gung-ho 'sacked if he doesn't win PL/CL' / ' sacked if he doesn't emulate Barcelona/Dortmund/current bandwagon style of playing' has to stop: it encourages short-termism as managers are so shit scared of losing their jobs that they play defensive football and don't trust the kids to come out and play (one of many fans' gripes with Mourinho).

He is right. We are in a transitional phase, as much as I hate that term. He needs to have to confidence of the board, the owner and the fans to get on with his job and build his team. Fact is, our squad isn't good enough to win the league compared to city. We are no match for the heavyweights in the CL, either. What we need is a manager to build on the foundations we have and to take us to the next level; Mourinho is our man for that.

He is capable of having teams that play exciting football (see Madrid etc.) notwithstanding the fact that they had many great players.

Patience and calmness is required.

1) Changing managers too often

2) Buying players with no real plan.

This has left the team with no real style of play and a very unbalanced .

If we stuck with AVB we would have been out of transition by now. Hardly anyone was willing to be patient and accept maybe dropping out of the top 4.

Now we have a manager that it good enough to see us through a transition and keep us competitive in all competitions.